Mario's contract is basically a 2 year deal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMDT joined TSW Sept 2012. If you think about it, we could ban him and probably not lose much at this point. I mean, if it isn't working out after a year, it's probably best that we cut our losses guys. Step back and take a look at all the depth we have at "Posters who start threads and have no idea what they are talking about." We are absolutely stocked there. OK, we are a little light on trolls, but if you look at the way modern forums are run, I think you'll find that the trolling era is passing by. If we do ban him, we should at least have the courtesy to do it ASAP so he can get picked up by another forum this season.

/thread

Sully just rips Mario to shreds, handwriting is on the wall:

We’re not talking about some undrafted free agent here. Not so long ago, remember, Williams was answering questions about a $785,000 engagement ring and whether he had contemplated suicide or abused painkillers.

It’s always something with Williams. Last week, a Houston TV station reported that Williams received special treatment from Lone Star State College, where he received a law enforcement degree earlier this year. The academy has been suspended while state regulators investigate.

The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement received a complaint about a cadet who did not meet the usual standards for completing a peace officer course, according to the TV report. The name of the cadet involved is blacked out in the report, but it’s Mario.

Then there was the flap in minicamp, when Williams said defensive coordinator Mike Pettine always told his defensive players to “kill ’em or hurt ’em.” Mario walked it back the next day, saying Pettine “never” said such things. Really, was he oblivious to Gregg Williams and the bounty scandal?

Oh, and the gun thing. Williams posted a photo on his Instagram page making fun of Aaron Hernandez after the former Patriot was accused of murder.

He depicts Hernandez as a character from “Grand Theft Auto New England.” Williams has also posted photos of himself holding automatic weapons.

As Tim Graham pointed out, Williams is well within his rights to own guns and be proud of them. But in the current NFL climate, where league officials and former players are urging players not to own weapons, it’s weak and childish behavior from one of the NFL’s most prominent athletes.

Have I left anything out? I feel sorry for Marrone, in a way. He’s a first-time NFL head coach. Toto, we’re not in Syracuse any more. Marrone better to get used to answering questions about Mario.

He’ll get grilled every time his defense gets shredded and Williams has an average game. He’ll be asked about the foot, of course. Mario has marked his foot in the dirt, providing him a convenient excuse when he plays below expectations – same as he did with the wrist a year ago.

Marrone isn’t stupid. He has to see the latest Williams injury in a larger context. A year ago at this time, Mario had a bad wrist. He said it was a big deal. Chan Gailey called it one of those “little things.” The Bills didn’t even list it on the injury report early in the year. The NFL wound up fining them for withholding injury information.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130804/SPORTS/130809691/1003

MMDT joined TSW Sept 2012. If you think about it, we could ban him and probably not lose much at this point. I mean, if it isn't working out after a year, it's probably best that we cut our losses guys. Step back and take a look at all the depth we have at "Posters who start threads and have no idea what they are talking about." We are absolutely stocked there. OK, we are a little light on trolls, but if you look at the way modern forums are run, I think you'll find that the trolling era is passing by. If we do ban him, we should at least have the courtesy to do it ASAP so he can get picked up by another forum this season.

:worthy:

http://www.buffalone.../130809691/1003

Don't you try to get me to read scully, I don't give him or Bucky any clicks........hmmmm I wouldn't doubt you were one of them actually.

That is your own conclusion and opinion. What is your point posting this old news? Mario is injured? The team could save some money?? WTF are you Ralph?

HE HAD A TEN SACK YEAR ON THE CRAPPIEST D WE PRETTY MUCH HAVE EVER SEEN IN BILLS HISTORY. HE WAS ALSO INJURED AND THE D WAS SO TRANSPARENT A ROOKIE QB COULD SEE RIGHT THROUGH IT LIKE CLEAN WATER. I hate this agenda as you might guess and you sir are a troll i.e. "Oh no Byrd is missing OTAS!". Which BTW incase you haven't figured it out makes it sound like you value Byrd over Mario, so what is it you want to sign Byrd and cut Mario?

How many of his 10 sacks were against AFC East teams? He had a bunch against the cards - and teams with horrid O-lines. What did he do to help us win within the division? The guy is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. Last year his wrist was his excuse, now he suddenly has a sore foot to whine about.

Edited by Azucho98

How many of his 10 sacks were against AFC East teams? He had a bunch against the cards - and teams with horrid O-lines. What did he do to help us win within the division? The guy is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. Last year his wrist was his excuse, now he suddenly has a sore foot to whine about.

The foot will be his crutch, an enabler to say look what I've accomplished (good or bad). That's part of being a drama queen.

The foot will be his crutch, an enabler to say look what I've accomplished (good or bad). That's part of being a drama queen.

Or, maybe, just maybe, Mario is resting a small injury a week BEFORE the first pre-season game. Funny thing, everybody called him out on the arm, yet once he got surgery, he played up to expectations (if you were paying attention).

And leave it to Sully to stir the pot days after the nonsensical, pointless hubbub had died down.

MMD, you and Jerry Sullivan and your shared negativity are about as useful as the non-Glengarry leads.

That was good :)

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130804/SPORTS/130809691/1003

actually, sully nails it, excepting the "Drama King" moniker.

fortunately for Mario Williams his contract is such that he doesn't have to fear for his job and sit back and take the teams BIASED and INCOMPETENT medical advice. after botching, dismissing and ignoring his wrist injury last year, Mario will be seeking second opinions on all his injuries. I'm sure that irks the hell out of the Bills. he went ahead and had wrist surgery during the bye week without the teams knowledge and his play improved immediately. I don't blame him, he needs to protect himself. If an average player skipped town to seek outside medical advice, with or without permission, they would probably get cut.

Mario is a stud, he is a difference maker, i'm happy they overpaid for him. at minimum he will play 3 seasons for us before they entertain thoughts of ending that contract.

Where do you get the idea he is our best pass rusher. I think we will see he is not the sac leader this year and he will use the excuse he is double teamed etc. Bruce was doubled every play..and he was the leader each year...he was a leader.

What's the maximum bet you'll hold on Mario not leading this team in sacks ?

Dudes getting 14 plus sacks this year and this thread will be long gone.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

thing, everybody called him out on the arm, yet once he got surgery, he played up to expectations (if you were paying attention).

I think that the reporters are trying to point out that the wrist injury was not a real one, but something mostly psychosomatic and Williams' procedure had a placebo effect. What kind of surgery could he have had if he was ready to play within one week?