Bill Barnwell's "All-Bad Contracts Team"

ny33

No Buffalo players are on the list. Charles Johnson and Tyson Jackson are the "starting" defensive ends.

http://www.grantland...t-contracts-nfl

Edit: I forgot the link.

The only Buffalo reference from the article is as follows:

"System Guy Out of System: A player's teammates and fit within a system can drastically distort his value before moving to a new organization. Too many teams have bought high on a second or third weapon in a good passing attack, only to find that the player in question — let's say his name rhymes with Deerless Dice — doesn't fare so well as the primary receiver in an offense with an inferior quarterback."

Edited by ny33

Actually, Buffalo gets a top billing, see point three "Paying the Outlier" - And our Mark Andersen signing is the example of choice: "The deals given out to Laurent Robinson and Mark Anderson before the 2012 season are examples of such a mistake."

I'm a bit suprized that the Mario signing wasn't mentioned.

Am I the only one that doesn't hate Mario's contract? In today's NFL you need guys that can rush the passer and the Bills had to pay a premium for a guy that can do it. He is a complete player and I expect him to be around 15 sacks this year if healthy. I would rather spend a lot on a decent amount of production than spend less and get nothing. For example I would rather Mario getting paid what he gets paid than Easley getting paid what he makes.

No joke on Meachem. I was dropping my jaw with how people were all over him and praising him. Drew Brees throwing to anyone makes you an all star. Lance Moore, from the real UT was the star.

People like Buddy Nix?

And how about this: if Meachem hadn't been snagged by San Diego that night, might the Bills have drafted Russell Wilson instead of Graham?

People like Buddy Nix?

And how about this: if Meachem hadn't been snagged by San Diego that night, might the Bills have drafted Russell Wilson instead of Graham?

So we should be upset because we might have gotten Wilson if we had messed up and signed meachem?

Hopefully in a few years this nonsense logic becomes "lucky we didnt grab Wilson because we got tj and ej"

No joke on Meachem. I was dropping my jaw with how people were all over him and praising him. Drew Brees throwing to anyone makes you an all star. Lance Moore, from the real UT was the star.

I still don't understand meachem and I've seen nearly every snap he's played. It doesn't seem like lack of effort - but he's just not that good. He blocks well which is normally a great indicator of a good football player that'll work hard on the outside but he took two full years to learn the playbook, regularly dropped easy passes and other lack of effort/concentration type of issues.

Explosive athlete but something isn't 100% between the ears.

Lance moore on the other hand is one of the most underrated, likable guys in the nfl. He always seems to be having the greatest time in the world out there and he's one of the most reliable guys around

Edited by NoSaint

People like Buddy Nix?

I am not arguing for or against in this case as much as I am saying he was not the commodity many made him to be, just like Mario manningham

So we should be upset because we might have gotten Wilson if we had messed up and signed meachem?

Hopefully in a few years this nonsense logic becomes "lucky we didnt grab Wilson because we got tj and ej"

:lol: Logic? Which month is this again?.

Settle down. It was more of an interesting scenario, not "we should be upset because."

People like Buddy Nix?

I don't think we can lump Nix in the "jaw dropping" crowd. Clearly he had an interest and also clearly he wasn't going to pay him what San Diego was going to as Meachem quickly left. I think Buddy was correct in showing interest and was also correct In not giving him that kind of money.

I forgot shonn Greene isn't on the jets. Do they have any decent players anymore?

They have an above average OL and still have a decent defense, but their offensive skill players are worst in the league.