Colin Cowherd NFL season predictions

He also said it was Sean Taylor's own fault he was murdered, if you still live in places like Indy and Cleveland and are unemployed, its your own fault, and that the media sends their very worst and most inexperienced reporters to cover hockey. Go to awfulannouncing.com and check out some of the Cowherd articles. The guy is a blowhard way more than he makes a good point. Besides, who is he, who never pays for any sporting event to tell fans they shouldn't support their teams?

The beauty of him is that he will allow you to call in and actually let you speak your piece. Some of his points are tongue in cheek and some are idiotic. I won't speak about Sean Taylor as I didn't hear the show but I did hear the Cleveland one ( don't specifically remember him mentioning Indy). His point was if your in a situation, can better it by doing something and don't, you beat some responsibility for your situation.

As for supporting your teams, can you argue that by spending money on a product you are supporting that product. If you continued to by a car from a company that broke down all the time are you sending a message that they need to improve? What other industry besides sports can let you down time and again and still get your dollars. It was another line of thinking and one that I had never considered.

He doesn't have to be for everyone. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I thought the point was interesting and one that I'm sure others hasn't considered just as I hadn't. That's why I enjoy him, many times he has lines of thinking that are different than mine and is reasonable when conveying them.

Colin Cowherd sucks his opinion has zero value. But 6 wins is a realistic expectation for the Bills, rookie QB rookie coach its not a recipe for instant success. I think the team will win 7 but considering the development its not terrible. Just look for player development and hope.

Colin Cowherd sucks his opinion has zero value. But 6 wins is a realistic expectation for the Bills, rookie QB rookie coach its not a recipe for instant success. I think the team will win 7 but considering the development its not terrible. Just look for player development and hope.

*cough *cough

I'm seeing that I'm an in the minority but I enjoy cowherd immensely. He is very articulate when making his points and allows discussion when people disagree with him. Quite the opposite of Jim Rome.

He follows and talks about winning teams. He has said many times over that people love to complain about him doing that but the ratings don't reflect that reality. Honestly do you think he would get better ratings talking about New England or buffalo? The Miami heat or the Milwaukee bucks? The Kansas City royals or the ny Yankees?

On of my favorite takes of his is that the fans share as much blame as management when a team performs poorly for extended periods. By continuing to support an inferior product fans are telling management that they don't care about winning they care about having a team to call their own.

Believe it or not he wasn't talking about the bills when he made it. He was talking about the cubs. Can't say it didn't make me think of my favorite football team though...

He has also said things like "That 90's Buffalo team was better than any of the Belichick/Brady Pats teams" and that it would be a dynasty in today's NFL. Why should he follow bad teams? Or even more to the point, why should he discuss dull, boring, losing teams? The Bills were incredibly boring for most of the past decade. I mean, there was nothing to talk about, aside from their astonishing devotion to being boring.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

OK so you just don't like him lol

Essentially. I find him unbearable to listen to, and my opinion of him as a host has nothing to do with his coverage of the Bills (because I never make it far enough in to hear him talk about them).

Edited by NickelCity

He picked the Bills to win 9 games I think last year.

I know he predicted that the Bills would make the post season. Once-bitten, twice-shy I guess.

The guy is a blowhard way more than he makes a good point. Besides, who is he, who never pays for any sporting event to tell fans they shouldn't support their teams?

Six wins is the over/under in Vegas and is probably an accurate prediction.

As for Cowherd, from the first time I heard him, I disliked him. I call him JT the Blowhard, Colin Brickherd, etc because to me he's just another opinionated blowhard like JT the Brick.

I don't like that style of overly-assertive announcing. It's obnoxious to me.

John Feinstein can be whiny and annoying in a high-strung, New York way but the guy is ridiculously knowledgeable and every fiber of his body is immersed in sports reporting. He's a very smart guy with tons of experience who's made a career out of really studying issues in great depth. It's been a treat for me to listen to Feinstein on the newly re-formed CBS Sports Radio.

Exactly. I made a point yesterday saying its pathetic that fans continue to fill the stadium in supporting the pathetic product the Bills have fielded over the past decade. You think the Bills aren't aware of this? They can do whatever they hell they want and fans will still pack the stadium every year. Its a joke. Stop going to the games and force the Bills hand. I feel Bills fans care more about tailgating and getting shitfaced then winning football games.

lol, oh yeah, let's boycott going to the games. Not showing up to games has really helped Jax! Let's not show up to games, so we don't just have a crappy team, but a crappy fanbase too!

you would think that Not showing up to games = playoffs by the way some of you are talking.

Fair prediction, we are rebuilding, new coaches, new players, new playbook. We will battle the Jets to stay out of last in div. I think we are on the right track.

Why? The Colts with almost a new team went 11-5 and obtained a berth in the playoffs!

Holy Cow...terd! This guy is "original"...but seriously, of any year in the past 10, this division is wide open. I'm not saying his predictions are totally unfounded, but seem more like popular opinion rather than a well thought out and ORIGINAL piece.

New England always wins...yes, but they lost several players that attributed to 91% of thier total offensive production last year. Yes, they stil have Brady and Belichick, but that is a lot to make up for. Aside from the fact that they are experimenting with last years RB as a WR. And if anyone on this planet thinks Amendola is going to fill Welkers shoes, your nuckn futts.

As for Miami. How many teams have to go all in on a bunch of high dollar, high profile FA's and lose before anyone picks up on the fact it doesn't work. Taking a bunch of guys and throwing them together so as to expect them to mesh immediately and win, win, win is rediculous. Ireland has been on the hot seat for a couple years now and his despiration is shining through.

The Jets...who knows with these guys, year in and year out. Regardless of W's & L's they always entertain with the NYC media circus. I do think, however, this is a make it or break it season for this team and staff. I fully expect them to blow it up after this season and start from scratch. If Geno doesn't win the camp battle, I think he's on the field by week 4, just to prove he sucks too and Rex is gonna go, Ben Stiller at the end of Dodgeball style, cra cra. Can't you picture him comming back with a team like St. Louis as a D Coordinator @ 600 lbs. on a lark scooter mumbling "F'n Sanchez" to himself...over and over.

On to OUR BUFFALO BILLS...The great unknown! Young, talented and hungry. This isn't necessarily a good thing. I expect the competitiveness to increase, tremendously. There will definitely be some growing pains and learning opportunities. Nothing changes the fact that we've been cellar dwellars for the last decade and absolutely no one has any reason to believe Marrone and Co. will right the ship immediatley. Coupled with the fact that we don't have a cake walk schedule, in fact, we have an extremely tough and aggressive one. BUT I'M A BILLIEVER.

Bills go between 8-8 and 10-6 with playoff hopes hinging upon week 16 outcomes. BOOM. #totalhomerpost

As he does every year, Colin Cowherd does a quick synopsis of every division and predicts the record for each team. He said that the Pats win the AFC east with no problem but do not look like a strong super bowl contender. He said the Dolphins will go 5-1 in the division with sweeps over the Bills and Jets and finish with a 9-7 record. He said not a single thing about the Bills expect that they would finish 6-10.....

He is a total douche, and not because of what you are pointing out, I have about as much respect for his opinion as I do Jerry Sullivan. He's a pot stirrer, and has very little to add to a story, I'd rather read an article from a real journalist, or watch a sports story presented by an actual intelligent broadcaster, and apparently they are becoming harder to find.