Johnny Manziel: "Too many red flags."

PromoTheRobot

I dont need to "look up the stats" because I've seen him play numerous times. "Look up the stats" of Kliff Kingsbury or Case Keenum who both played in that same offense and tell me how they did in the NFL.

He doesn't make a lot of plays in the flow of the play. That is a detriment at the NFL level because it is harder to ad lib when the defense is faster.

He's going to enter the draft next April and its clear his intangibles are not on par with Wilson's, so what does it matter that Wilson played 5 years of college?

They didn't play in the SEC which makes your comparison irrelevant.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Peter King's take on this posted here days ago? Old news.

You made that conclusion after seeing Wilson play for 5 years in college and a year in the NFL. This kid Manziel must have had a lot of "big plays" in the "playground". Look up his stats last year.

It's the issue raised, not Manziel.

Right?

Disagree completely. The guys you list didn't have anywhere near this long of a list of issues, AND all that you listed had geat talent. Johnny M is short at 6'0" and does not have a strong arm (so no wilson comparrisons). He is an over hyped thug that will be exposed this year. Anyone taking this kid in the first round is flat out stupid.

THIS.

I don't see the nfl talent there...Wilson has a cannon for an arm and I saw Johnny throw up a lot of ducks last year that his guys went up and got. P

He forced passes earlier in the season, but after the LSU game, there was no better college QB. I saw Manziel hitting receivers in stride 20, 30, 40 yards down field. He was not throwing ducks, and the passes that his 6'5" WR (Evans) had to go get, was by design. He has intangibles you can't teach. We'll see if his passing technique has improved this season, but it'll be tough to judge his arm strength, when this A&M offense calls for quick dump offs.

Irrelevant?

I'll buy less relevant.

I think the level of defense played in the SEC is so far above the defenses that the two QBs Fluffhead listed that the comparison is not a good one. I am waiting to see how JM plays this year before judging him but last year, IMO, he was great.

I dont need to "look up the stats" because I've seen him play numerous times. "Look up the stats" of Kliff Kingsbury or Case Keenum who both played in that same offense and tell me how they did in the NFL.

He doesn't make a lot of plays in the flow of the play. That is a detriment at the NFL level because it is harder to ad lib when the defense is faster.

He's going to enter the draft next April and its clear his intangibles are not on par with Wilson's, so what does it matter that Wilson played 5 years of college?

Wow, you're really asking that question?

I thought my point was obvious. What wer your thoughts (link me to them if you like) about Wilson after his first year as college QB.

someone was actually pretty smart in the fraternity as you know those pics were hitting twitter quick and all it takes is one reporter to make a comment and the university could hit them with a violation.

while ive given him a hard time on some issues before, i chalk this up as the standard "so what, he had a beer" type of story (though obviously youd think hed like to lay low with it at this point)

someone was actually pretty smart in the fraternity as you know those pics were hitting twitter quick and all it takes is one reporter to make a comment and the university could hit them with a violation.

while ive given him a hard time on some issues before, i chalk this up as the standard "so what, he had a beer" type of story (though obviously youd think hed like to lay low with it at this point)

Posted for relevancy, not to add any opinion of my own.

Red flags are were why he wasn't taken THIS year. Who wants to fight in restraint of trade court for a drunk.

I think he will be taken in the draft when there are no court fights to be had but I think someone, maybe even the Bills, would have taken him this year if he weren't an alkie.

Posted for relevancy, not to add any opinion of my own.

for sure, wasnt trying to imply you did - i saw this story when i posted the tebow joke and decided to let someone else bring it over if it was going to be posted as ive been one of the more vocal to hit him on his past issues, and didnt want it to appear i was trying to hit him on this one.

for sure, wasnt trying to imply you did - i saw this story when i posted the tebow joke and decided to let someone else bring it over if it was going to be posted as ive been one of the more vocal to hit him on his past issues, and didnt want it to appear i was trying to hit him on this one.

Yeah. But he really should zip it the !@#$ up and worry about how football will make the rest of his life a party.

The problem is that he is a spoiled little Rich Kid, big fish in a small pond, but the Heisman just made his pond a lot bigger and brought with it problems his folks or the football program can't shelter him from his immature stupidity. Not sure he realizes it, but he is now swimming with the big fish.

Problem is, I am not sure he realizes that his pond is so much bigger and that it is time to grow up. Dude should suspend his twitter account, quit using the excuse that he is 20. If he wants to lead a football team, he needs to be better than that and I don't think he is anymore talented that say a Doug Flutie. Yet some team might just be stupid enough to draft him high. I wouldn't waste a pick higher than a 5th on him. He would probably make a good receiver though.

Edited by North Buffalo1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.