Comic-Con: WB announces Superman/Batman movie

Mark Vader

"christian bale said he won't play batman again". Must be nice to walk away from 20 mil.

I'm not so amped in the new man of steel/superman. Seems strange without Christopher Reeves to me

Christian Bale did not make half the effort he did in first two movies.

It was barely a Batman pic anyways and more of a Bane movie.

Not real enthusiastic about a Superman who does not become Superman until he is in his 30s but thought most of was okay.

Definitively strange without Christopher Reeves especially since this film had so little of Clark Kent and Reeves played the differences so well but that era is past.

Christian Bale did not make half the effort he did in first two movies.

It was barely a Batman pic anyways and more of a Bane movie.

Not real enthusiastic about a Superman who does not become Superman until he is in his 30s but thought most of was okay.

Definitively strange without Christopher Reeves especially since this film had so little of Clark Kent and Reeves played the differences so well but that era is past.

agree, just watched the Bane Batman movie recently....think they could have cut an hour off and it could have been better...

As a registered Ann Hathaway stalker though, she kept my attention.

agree, just watched the Bane Batman movie recently....think they could have cut an hour off and it could have been better...

As a registered Ann Hathaway stalker though, she kept my attention.

i have to disagree here. i was mesmerized by bane in this movie, he was just so frickin' evil in a very nontraditional bad guy role. his complete sense of self control and restraint was great, his voice was creepy as hell, and he was physically imposing. ann hathaway was very good for her part, as was joseph gordon-levitt. this movie was not a standard action movie and i think if you were to cut it down and make it such, you would effectively ruin the movie.

It sounds like they're trying to rush to a Justice League movie too fast. They have to relaunch every other character before they do that. I guess they can get away without a Batman relaunch since most people are very familiar with him. The only other one who even had a movie was the Green Lantern, but they can't connect to that movie in any way (and that's a good thing). Zod was earth's first contact with aliens, so it can't be the same earth as the crappy Green Lantern movie.

I'm getting tired of the superhero franchises. I guess if I were still a teenager and way into comic books, that'd be fine, but it seems like they've all arrived at the same formula - dark mythology, troubled young men, a little more violence than the prior incarnations, everything shot in this kind of steely blue... meh.

They used to be a lot more fun and even tongue-in-cheek -- I just don't really enjoy what they're doing anymore.

But aquaman sucks, he is comparible to scooter of the muppet babies.........

Would they get Adrian Grenier to play Aquaman?

I think you have to go with Patrick Duffy because he already has webbed hands and is able to swim at pretty significant depths.

I'm getting tired of the superhero franchises. I guess if I were still a teenager and way into comic books, that'd be fine, but it seems like they've all arrived at the same formula - dark mythology, troubled young men, a little more violence than the prior incarnations, everything shot in this kind of steely blue... meh.

They used to be a lot more fun and even tongue-in-cheek -- I just don't really enjoy what they're doing anymore.

I have found that now almost all superhero/comic book movies have to be "Dark and Edgy" At first they were more like comics, they were brighter, the characters were a bit more comical, but now everything has to be darker. The spiderman movies did this and have now made spiderman into this darker more "emo" type character. It seems like this is happening more to the Batman and Superman ones though, the Avengers seem to be les "Dark" in my opinion

I have found that now almost all superhero/comic book movies have to be "Dark and Edgy" At first they were more like comics, they were brighter, the characters were a bit more comical, but now everything has to be darker. The spiderman movies did this and have now made spiderman into this darker more "emo" type character. It seems like this is happening more to the Batman and Superman ones though, the Avengers seem to be les "Dark" in my opinion

Since when was Batman NOT a dark character?

What happened to comic book heros? I hate to use the trite thing, but... 9/11. The world can be a dark place and set even good guys to an edge, especially for those who have to confront the darkness with any frequency.

He did and it sucked. Waterworld.

Looks like someone neither read Aquaman and did not see Waterworld. Neither has anything to do with each other.

Aquaman they could do but it would need to be one where he is going after Somalia Pirates, eco-terrorist nuts, companies doing illegal dumping in sea and Japanese fishing boats violating every rule agreed to by world body. And an appearance of Aquaman at United Nations where he tells them he will enforce the rules since the are impotent. Such a movie would have lots and lots of people protesting and complaining about lots of things like rights of the scumbags.

Since when was Batman NOT a dark character?

What happened to comic book heros? I hate to use the trite thing, but... 9/11. The world can be a dark place and set even good guys to an edge, especially for those who have to confront the darkness with any frequency.

Batman was a dark character originally, got Robin and become less dark, responding to 50's panels and became strange, had Batman tv show and went camp and then became much darker in 1970's way before 9/11.