49 things people from upstate NY love

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not know "thats huuuuuuge" originated from up there. i was wondering why i had some strange connection to it

i guess i should've gotten a clue when i saw a bills helmet in his office though...

Billy took a small dealership in Adams NY selling mostly used and rental/lease buybacks and turned it into a multi-million dollar corporation.

And it only took an annoying commercial to start it all.

And #33, the Hudson River, you can wade across it if you go "just a little" north of NYC...

Stream%2Bcrossing.JPG

Sent this to the GF. Asked her what is going to be on her list when we go to WNY for the game. We are hoping to get there early Friday morning and leave Sunday night. Other then the Garbage Plate meetup and the tailgate/game - not sure what will be important to her.

I think the canal and Lockport is just as cool as the Falls. Which, well, I am glad the Falls didn't make it. They are so touristy now and just 15 minutes there you've got enough.

I love #39, OCC was always Harvard on the Hill, Oc-Tech, 13th grade...funny as hell.

and to weigh in on the whole upstate argument...the state is divided into the following areas

Long Island - self exlpanatory

NYC - self exlplanatory

Downstate - south of albany to north of nyc

Southern Teir - west of NYS to jamestown along 17 and i86

Capital Region - self explanatory

Upstate - north of lake george up to plattsburg/ogdensburg

Central - canojaharie to phelps along i-90

Western - lyons to dunkirk

Finger Lakes - west of 81 north of 86 south of 90 east of 390(?)

Edited by The Poojer

i'd also like to take exception to the choice of beer we 'upstate ny'er' love....keystone????

how about Matts, Miller Pony's, OV Splits, Screamers...those were our beers...keystone????? common man

Edited by The Poojer

I love #39, OCC was always Harvard on the Hill, Oc-Tech, 13th grade...funny as hell.

and to weigh in on the whole upstate argument...the state is divided into the following areas

Long Island - self exlpanatory

NYC - self exlplanatory

Downstate - south of albany to north of nyc

Southern Teir - west of NYS to jamestown along 17 and i86

Capital Region - self explanatory

Upstate - north of lake george up to plattsburg/ogdensburg

Central - canojaharie to phelps along i-90

Western - lyons to dunkirk

Finger Lakes - west of 81 north of 86 south of 90 east of 390(?)

Northern NY - the Oswego/Jefferson County border north to Canada

yeah i was very generous with my upstate borders

What you call Upstate on your list, I call the Adirondack Region.

And one guy I used to work with was from Long Island. He said they considered everything north of the Tappen Zee as Canada.

Not just fruit stands but huge farmer's markets. NY is blessed with so many awesome farms and orchards. Cherries, peaches, grapes, plums, apples, etc all freshly picked or picked yourself. Took that for granted until I left.

PTR

i'd also like to take exception to the choice of beer we 'upstate ny'er' love....keystone????

how about Matts, Miller Pony's, OV Splits, Screamers...those were our beers...keystone????? common man

perhaps generational. high school beer from my experience was often keystone.

Not just fruit stands but huge farmer's markets. NY is blessed with so many awesome farms and orchards. Cherries, peaches, grapes, plums, apples, etc all freshly picked or picked yourself. Took that for granted until I left.

PTR

No joke, and I have some of the best connections down here.

My cousins farm in Brockport puts any farm around here to shame with their availability and products.