question to C81: regarding inference i'm a shill

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What good is having your honor restored if the masses don't know it's restored?

What good is your honor if it can be taken away by the mere utterance of the word shill by an internet moderator?

Edited by Jauronimo

I agree...he called you out he should either apologize here or if he feels like he's right, defend his position here. I got 'yelled at' a few years ago for questioning someone but I had emails to back up my statements and said as much. Just because u are a 'name' doesn't insulate you from being taken to task, but if you do get taken, the other party better be prepared to stand their ground or do a mea culpa if its warranted.

i'd rather have this settled out in the open. this is a community board, no? given that the comment was made on this board, i'd rather hear a moderator's response as to whether it was appropriate or nowt

jw

so i should accept it and understand that it's open season for me on this board. no point having moderators then, no?

jw

Is it open season for you anymore than it is for me? Beerball calls me a bed wetting, momma's boy every morning when I log in and every night before I log out.

I can't think of worse way to get what you're after than a public shaming.

Is it open season for you anymore than it is for me? Beerball calls me a bed wetting, momma's boy every morning when I log in and every night before I log out.

I can't think of worse way to get what you're after than a public shaming.

i don't know who you are or what you do for a living. and i'm not asking you to reveal it.

jw

i don't know who you are or what you do for a living. and i'm not asking you to reveal it.

jw

If its your reputation you're worried about then calling attention to the idea and starting a thread where all are free to discuss the merits of Chandler's comments seems counter productive.

'jw', starting a 'hurt feeling' thread about a second person inferred reference to your highly opinionated, drenched in negativity post and radio discussion comes as no surprise, given how often you reveal your 'thin skin' here. Typically, I avoid your posts and threads like the plague, as I think you're both a terrible sports writer and despicable conversationalist. But that's just my assessment. What you either fail to realize, or are lamely trying to capitalize on is -for better or worse- you are actually 2 different posters here under the same moniker. As a sports journalist who 'appears' generous enough to share his professional insights on TBD, it should and would be an honor to interact with you. Especially so, given the ghost of Lori hanging over you.

The thing with you, though, is you bring 'JW' into the mix. A character I consider to be a snide, self-righteous blowhard, willing to go 'dukes up' with anyone who challenges your biting opinions. It's my opinion, 'JW' is just a grenade thrower with no Kevlar.

I can separate the two. It doesn't appear you can, or choose to.

To the OP, I won't, in good conscience, apologize for agreeing with another person's assessment of your 1st tirade.

You can have the last word. I'm out.

regardless, we can all agree that Sullivan, Gleason and Harrington are horrible excuses for journalists.

'jw', starting a 'hurt feeling' thread about a second person inferred reference to your highly opinionated, drenched in negativity post and radio discussion comes as no surprise, given how often you reveal your 'thin skin' here. Typically, I avoid your posts and threads like the plague, as I think you're both a terrible sports writer and despicable conversationalist. But that's just my assessment. What you either fail to realize, or are lamely trying to capitalize on is -for better or worse- you are actually 2 different posters here under the same moniker. As a sports journalist who 'appears' generous enough to share his professional insights on TBD, it should and would be an honor to interact with you. Especially so, given the ghost of Lori hanging over you.

The thing with you, though, is you bring 'JW' into the mix. A character I consider to be a snide, self-righteous blowhard, willing to go 'dukes up' with anyone who challenges your biting opinions. It's my opinion, 'JW' is just a grenade thrower with no Kevlar.

To the OP, I won't, in good conscience, apologize for agreeing with another person's assessment of your 1st tirade.

The hammer has been offically dropped.

Shots fired. I'm gonna go make some popcorn

speaking of thinskinned hacks, your assessment of my so-called tirade is curious given that i was asked to explain what i had stated on the radio. it was not made with the intention to create ill will. it was simply my take on the situation, one that i shared on Twitter the night before and was asked to share it once again on WGR.

that you took at as being mean-spirited and, perhaps, somehow, directed at you is essentially the pot calling the kettle black in regards to being thin-skinned.

evidently, your idea of moderation is using a sledge hammer, having no patience and holding grudges. i can certainly be accused of having similar qualities, but then again, i'm not a moderator but a mere member of this board.

you, sir, have instead shown your true colors by bringing up vague references to posters and moderators past, perhaps others with which you held grudges and appear to be glad their gone. i guess, you won't have it your way until all of us "Lori-philes" have been rid of this board. nice to have such an open-minded moderator on board.

i'm not lamely or unlamely attempting to capitalize on anything. i'm mere bringing up a point of decorum.

you seem to revel in your own opinionated self. good for you. i won't hold that against you.

but it's evident that you have to at some point choose to either be a mere member of this board or a moderator because it's quite evident you're not cut out for one of those jobs.

but that's just the shill in me talking.

jw

and as for you being "out," i could only hope and pray it to be so.

Edited by john wawrow