[closed]OJ vs Zimmerman

Tipster19

I haven't paid too much attention to either case, maybe a bit more to OJ's because he was a ex-Bill but not to any great depth. As far as Zimmerman goes the only thing that I caught was the fact that when he called in to the police they told him not to tail Martin anymore. Regardless if he was guilty or not I found this to be very poor judgement on Zimmerman's part and does make him accountable to some degree at this point.

Ironically I dealt with an attorney shortly after OJ went on trial and he just left the law firm a few months before they took on the case. When I told him that I was a big Buffalo fan and that I couldn't believe that this was happening to OJ he just looked at me with this knowingly look on his face. It gave me this weirdest feeling and it compelled me to ask the obvious. He slowly nodded his head up and down and said beyond a shadow of a doubt that OJ did it. He further compounded the fact that the whole case was built on racism and prejudice. He also said that Johnny Cochran was brilliant to have OJ struggle to put the glove on and make it look like that it was too small and that it was impossible to fit his hand. I must say that I got the sickest feeling in my stomach at that point, to fully realize that this man gave me sense that OJ was unequivocally guilty and that he was going to walk scot free out of this horrendous crime, especially when I used to go to a ton of games when OJ was with NBC and would show up at the games and we would all go nuts, cheering this piece of garbage when he would walk by. This was the same guy that inspired me when I was a teenager in the early '70's to be a diehard (poor choice of word there) Bills' fan. I'm ashamed of him and even more ashamed of myself for being proud that he was "our guy". I don't know, I'm nowheres near the political type or anything like that with world events but I just happen to catch the announcement of the verdict last night on TV and found myself with some unexpected emotions that I didn't know how to deal with, especially because I knew so little about the details of a young man losing his life, regardless of his color. Then to hear these idiots express their anger publicly, motivated because the boy was an African-American but because it was more to do with race than anything else just makes this whole thing even uglier. As far as this country has come in the last 150+ years it's situations like these 2 that shows that we are still far from getting this whole thing right.

Anyways the main point of this post is that I find the way that some of these football players weighing in on the verdict very disappointing. Calling out a man's life like the way Cruz did and other people's lives like Roddy White did very inexcusable. The clout that these players have, especially with what Cruz said, makes him almost accountable if something does happen to Zimmerman. In my opinion it is borderline criminal to be calling out someone's execution.

To impact the outrage of these players' cries is the silence that was displayed when OJ was found innocent in Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman's murder. Matter of fact even when the majority of the black community felt that OJ was accountable in these deaths there still was a sense of relief when he was found innocent. Well now it's my turn to be outraged. When a African-American male was found innocent of murdering a white female it was ok but when a non African-American male kills a African-American male it is a criminal act to the fullest and African-American celebrity(s) are advocating the execution of the perpatraitor then that is downright disgusting. It's not about justice anymore, it's about revenge, prejudice and racism. I would like to remind Victor Cruz and others that when you seek revenge then you better dig 2 graves.

Zimmerman case shouldn't even have been brought to trial. The lead detective on the case believed there was nothing. The police chief lost his job when he refused to charge Zimmerman. Even the local district attorney refused to bring charges on Zimmerman. The guy was laying on his back getting the crap beat out of him. He had every right to have and fire his weapon.

Athletes in Cruz or Roddy Whites position of influence should understand the facts and our justice system before they start humiliating jurors.

Zimmerman case shouldn't even have been brought to trial. The lead detective on the case believed there was nothing. The police chief lost his job when he refused to charge Zimmerman. Even the local district attorney refused to bring charges on Zimmerman. The guy was laying on his back getting the crap beat out of him. He had every right to have and fire his weapon.

Athletes in Cruz or Roddy Whites position of influence should understand the facts and our justice system before they start humiliating jurors.

Did Trayvon have the right to defend himself against a wacko with a gun??

Zimmerman deserved to have the crap beat out of him because he went after an innocent person with a gun. Was he a cop? Was he officially deputized to act as a neighborhood watchman? No. He was a jagoff with a gun looking for a chance to use it. He disobeyed the 911 operator and went after Trayvon convinced he was a criminal.

Now put yourself in Trayvon's position for a minute. Some a**hole with a gun comes after you. Wouldn't you fight back if you couldn't run away? Zimmerman is guilty as sin. He only got off because the NRA bought him the best lawyers they could get. Plus it's Florida.

PTR

Zimmerman deserved to have the crap beat out of him because he went after an innocent person with a gun. Was he a cop? Was he officially deputized to act as a neighborhood watchman? No. He was a jagoff with a gun looking for a chance to use it. He disobeyed the 911 operator and went after Trayvon convinced he was a criminal.

Now put yourself in Trayvon's position for a minute. Some a**hole with a gun comes after you. Wouldn't you fight back if you couldn't run away? Zimmerman is guilty as sin. He only got off because the NRA bought him the best lawyers they could get. Plus it's Florida.

PTR

Couldn't have said it better myself. A 17 year old is dead because Zimmerman didn't like someone that looked like him walking around his neighborhood at night. Anyone that doesn't think Martin's race played a big role in Zimmerman's actions are deluding themselves. It is sickening to read the reactions of a bunch of racist idiots that have been celebrating someone being acquitted of murdering another person. It wasn't right when black people did it after the OJ trial and it's not right today.

PTR

Why couldn't he have run away? An athletic 17 year old couldn't outrun a fat guy?

Once they saw each other, both went looking for a fight and both found one. Happens all the time when two dirtbags cross paths. This time one of them died.

It's the childish foot stomping by people like you that makes this case a national embarrassment. I didn't realize neighborhood watch people had to be "officially deputized"' and OMG, "disobeying a 911 operator"! That certainly sounds like a good reason to convict someone of murder. And I love the rational that following another person not only justifies assault, but that the person being assaulted is no longer allowed to act in their own defense.

Why couldn't he have run away? An athletic 17 year old couldn't outrun a fat guy?

Fat guy? Yes. Bullet? No.

As to the rest of your feeble attempt to discredit me...

I was pointing out that Zimmerman had no uniform or credential he could have presented as having any capacity as a security person. Actually, real neighborhood watch participants are trained to call the police first, not act as armed vigilantes.

He was just some racist a**hole looking to bag himself a darkie. He went after someone with no evidence other than skin color.

I'll tell you what, KD. I'll come after you with a gun. And when you offer resistance, I'll claim that my life was in danger and blow your brains out. Sound fair?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I was pointing out that Zimmerman had no uniform or credential he could have presented as having any capacity as a security person. Actually, real neighborhood watch participants are trained to call the police first, not act as armed vigilantes.

He was just some racist a**hole looking to bag himself a darkie. He went after someone with no evidence other than skin color.

I'll tell you what, KD. I'll come after you with a gun. And when you offer resistance, I'll claim that my life was in danger and blow your brains out. Sound fair?

PTR

Welcome to the typical regurgitation from the "for profit" media. Turn off your !@#$ing television, drone.

This "case" has "Duke Lacrosse" written all over it. It's a microcosm of everything that's wrong with America and that has nothing to do with the outcome.

PTR

Did you watch the trial at all? Everything you said did not happen. Those six jurors spent sixteen hours going over the evidence. Are you saying you know more about the facts than they do?

Welcome to the typical regurgitation from the "for profit" media. Turn off your !@#$ing television, drone.

This "case" has "Duke Lacrosse" written all over it. It's a microcosm of everything that's wrong with America and that has nothing to do with the outcome.

I agree 100%. I don't understand how someone who hasn't been paying attention to the trial can state opinions as if they are facts.

Did you watch the trial at all? Everything you said did not happen. Those six jurors spent sixteen hours going over the evidence. Are you saying you know more about the facts than they do?

I agree 100%. I don't understand how someone who hasn't been paying attention to the trial can state opinions as if they are facts.

I understand your sentiment, but do you really not understand it? This is what the internet is all about. It doesn't matter the topic, people read headlines and think they know everything there is to know.

I understand your sentiment, but do you really not understand it? This is what the internet is all about. It doesn't matter the topic, people read headlines and think they know everything there is to know.

Oh I know. It still bugs me when people come to conclusions with out even looking into it. Talking heads prevail in this day and age.

PTR

You obviously didn't watch the trial at all.

FACT: Trayvon Martin was only a few yards away from his home when he turned around and went back to find Zimmerman. This was evidence that the PROSECUTION'S WITNESS said

FACT: The only non-gunshot injury Trayvon Martin had was on his fists -- consistent with punching someone. No other wounds were found to indicate that Zimmerman was fighting Trayvon and in fact, another witness SAW Martin on top of Zimmerman "ground and pounding" him.

FACT: It's not illegal to follow someone around in a public place. If you're being followed and decide to pummel that person, you're at fault.

And it's even more fun when you realize that those sites can manipulate those headlines however they want to get a reaction.

You obviously didn't watch the trial at all.

FACT: Trayvon Martin was only a few yards away from his home when he turned around and went back to find Zimmerman. This was evidence that the PROSECUTION'S WITNESS said

FACT: The only non-gunshot injury Trayvon Martin had was on his fists -- consistent with punching someone. No other wounds were found to indicate that Zimmerman was fighting Trayvon and in fact, another witness SAW Martin on top of Zimmerman "ground and pounding" him.

FACT: It's not illegal to follow someone around in a public place. If you're being followed and decide to pummel that person, you're at fault.

Just like Martin could have ended this by simply walking inside his home and forgetting about it, Zimmerman could have listened to the 911 dispatcher and not pursued him any longer. A jury, that knows a lot more about the case than any of us, found him innocent. However, the fact remains that he could have avoided this outcome and a 17 year old kid would be alive today. I hope people reflect on this and are reminded that there is a difference between legality and morality.

Just like Martin could have ended this by simply walking inside his home and forgetting about it, Zimmerman could have listened to the 911 dispatcher and not pursued him any longer. A jury, that knows a lot more about the case than any of us, found him innocent. However, the fact remains that he could have avoided this outcome and a 17 year old kid would be alive today. I hope people reflect on this and are reminded that there is a difference between legality and morality.

Fair enough. But I'm tired of people saying "poor Martin," when he was even more culpable in this situation than Zimmerman was. There's a HUGE difference between following someone in your neighborhood (who was darting between bushes instead of taking the main road, which does look suspicious) and punching someone, breaking their nose, and then getting on top of them and "ground and pounding" them on the sidewalk.

PTR

Reading the headlines, and listening to the talking heads pushing agendas instead of watching the trial. I watched this entire trial from opening to closing arguments.

It was dispicable how little evidence the AD had. This trial was to show how racist George zimmerman was. What it actually showed is a witchunt. There was no blatant racist remarks by George zimmerman, the only blatant racist remarks where by Trayvon martin (calling Zimmerman a cracker) but nobody talks about Trayvon and his friend Rachel being racists.

Race was totally blown out of proportion in this trial, the prosecutors had no evidence in their case and actually you could argue the DEFENSE actually proved George zimmerman not just not guilty but innocent.

Did you know George Zimmerman has mentored young black kids in the past? What a racist.