[closed]OJ vs Zimmerman

Tipster19

I think it's impossible to be able to tell truth from fiction in this day and age. You used to be able to trust the media, but I find it increasingly more difficult to trust anyone anymore.

These are the alleged facts that I heard:

1. Eyewitnesses describing color of clothing to back that Martin was on top of Zimmerman.

2. Lacerations on Zimmerman's head (front and back), broken nose, and bruising.

3. No marks on Zimmerman's hands, bruises and marking on Martin's hands and knuckles.

4. Recorded audio of screaming and yelling coming from the site of the fight. Nobody knows who it was exactly, but apparently other eyewitnesses said they had heard Zimmerman yelling.

I also heard that when Martin's parents heard the yelling on the audio, they could not decipher it as their sons. It wasn't until someone got in their ear that they decided that it was their son's voice. I don't know how true that is, but there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies in this case.

Did Trayvon have the right to defend himself against a wacko with a gun??

Zimmerman deserved to have the crap beat out of him because he went after an innocent person with a gun. Was he a cop? Was he officially deputized to act as a neighborhood watchman? No. He was a jagoff with a gun looking for a chance to use it. He disobeyed the 911 operator and went after Trayvon convinced he was a criminal.

Now put yourself in Trayvon's position for a minute. Some a**hole with a gun comes after you. Wouldn't you fight back if you couldn't run away? Zimmerman is guilty as sin. He only got off because the NRA bought him the best lawyers they could get. Plus it's Florida.

PTR

Reading the headlines, and listening to the talking heads pushing agendas instead of watching the trial. I watched this entire trial from opening to closing arguments.

It was dispicable how little evidence the DA had. This trial was to show how racist George zimmerman and how race was at the forefront. It wasn't. What it actually showed is a witchunt. There was no blatant racist remarks by George zimmerman, the only blatant racist remarks where by Trayvon martin (calling Zimmerman a cracker) but nobody talks about Trayvon and his friend Rachel being racists.

Race was totally blown out of proportion in this trial, the prosecutors had no evidence in their case and actually you could argue the DEFENSE actually proved George zimmerman not just not guilty but innocent.

Did you know George Zimmerman has mentored young black kids in the past? What a racist.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Fat guy? Yes. Bullet? No.

As to the rest of your feeble attempt to discredit me...

I was pointing out that Zimmerman had no uniform or credential he could have presented as having any capacity as a security person. Actually, real neighborhood watch participants are trained to call the police first, not act as armed vigilantes.

He was just some racist a**hole looking to bag himself a darkie. He went after someone with no evidence other than skin color.

I'll tell you what, KD. I'll come after you with a gun. And when you offer resistance, I'll claim that my life was in danger and blow your brains out. Sound fair?

PTR

Oh....so Zimmerman was SHOOTING AT HIM from behind??? Martin's choices were to continue dodging bullets or attack? Gee, I'm kinda surprised none of that came out at the trial. Thanks for providing a great example of the simpleton mentality of this country; swallowing hook, line and sinker the media fed bullsh--. And even worse, not caring that you are regurgitating falsehoods and ignorance because you can't break out of your precious pre-conceived notions.

Just like Martin could have ended this by simply walking inside his home and forgetting about it, Zimmerman could have listened to the 911 dispatcher and not pursued him any longer. A jury, that knows a lot more about the case than any of us, found him innocent. However, the fact remains that he could have avoided this outcome and a 17 year old kid would be alive today. I hope people reflect on this and are reminded that there is a difference between legality and morality.

I don't think anyone has suggested that Zimmerman acted intelligently or responsibly that night, but that does not make him a murderer. Simple fact is Martin got pissed off that he was being followed and decided to beat the crap out of the guy and it cost him his life. Being a hot head is a bad idea in today's world.

Edited by KD in CT

Fair enough. But I'm tired of people saying "poor Martin," when he was even more culpable in this situation than Zimmerman was. There's a HUGE difference between following someone in your neighborhood (who was darting between bushes instead of taking the main road, which does look suspicious) and punching someone, breaking their nose, and then getting on top of them and "ground and pounding" them on the sidewalk.

Good point. I'm kind of tired of people celebrating like somebody "won" in this scenario.

Good point. I'm kind of tired of people celebrating like somebody "won" in this scenario.

The American justice system won -- because if Zimmerman was convicted based on mob rule, we'd be in big trouble.

But I agree with you that no individual "won."

The American justice system won -- because if Zimmerman was convicted based on mob rule, we'd be in big trouble.

But I agree with you that no individual "won."

The American people won because Zimmerman was not convicted based on mob/media rule. Anyone who can't see that is beyond hope.

And I've yet to see anyone 'celebrating' so don't understand where posters are coming up with that notion. I'm sure a diligent web search could come up with a handful of idiots, but I keep seeing this comment as though thousands of white or Hispanic (or "white Hispanic") people are dancing in the streets. Seems like another strawman in a case that's already had more than its share.

The problem with this entire case is the stupid florida law that allows people to shoot/kill if they feel like their life is in danger.

As for the case and Promos view, did anyone every say/prove that GZ had his gun out or was pointing it a TM while following him and approaching him? Was the gun in a holster or somewhere on him and he didn't take it out until he was being beaten/attacked? If your going to say that this guy was just looking to go out and shoot the kid, its harder to prove that if the thing is still in a holster or on him and not being pointed at him until he was on the ground being attacked.

The problem with this entire case is the stupid florida law that allows people to shoot/kill if they feel like their life is in danger.

Why is that a stupid law? If you're getting pummeled and think you're going to die, you should just lay back and take it like a man?

As for the case and Promos view, did anyone every say/prove that GZ had his gun out or was pointing it a TM while following him and approaching him? Was the gun in a holster or somewhere on him and he didn't take it out until he was being beaten/attacked? If your going to say that this guy was just looking to go out and shoot the kid, its harder to prove that if the thing is still in a holster or on him and not being pointed at him until he was on the ground being attacked.

I don't believe I heard any witnesses say the gun was drawn at all -- and if TM really had seen GZ with his gun out, and he managed to get to his house, why would he circle back and follow GM back? So the evidence suggests that the gun was holstered the entire time.

According to the "experts" that were brought forth in the trial, the gunshot wound, distance of the shot and ballastic evidence was consistent with Zimmerman shooting him while Martin was on top of him.

The prosecution couldn't refute this either.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

A 17 year old went to the store to get some skittles & ice tea & ended up dead. And as hard as it is for some of you to imagine, I feel whoever did this regardless of the race should be punished.

Question: if Martin stood his ground and shot Zimmerman with a legal gun, how many of you would be defending him?