With the #X pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select....

He was my other thought. I think that they may have something with Gragg (at least I hope).

My dream would be Clowney but I just don't think that they will be picking in the top 3. There really is no chance of obtaining him after that (IMO).

I believe it would take a lot for the Bills NOT to be drafting in the top 3. Boy, chances are good Bills fans are in for a big big letdown this year. They needed (I guess) to make all the changes they made in the off season, but Kollege coaches or rookie QBs never fare well their first season. We have BOTH this year. We play AFC North and NFC South. We are all fanatics, but this cannot possible go remotely well. From WR to LB to QB to coaches to front office, the Bills look like a freakin' expansion team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it would take a lot for the Bills NOT to be drafting in the top 3. Boy, chances are good Bills fans are in for a big big letdown this year. They needed (I guess) to make all the changes they made in the off season, but Kollege coaches or rookie QBs never fare well their first season. We have BOTH this year. We play AFC North and NFC South. We are all fanatics, but this cannot possible go remotely well. From WR to LB to QB to coaches to front office, the Bills look like a freakin' expansion team.

Last season the Bills started a second string QB, no offense Fitz. The WR situation could not be worse than last year. LB, again couldn't be worse than last year. I am sick of writting this, the Bills had no head coach! Gailey by his own admission did not pay attention to the defense. I believe that by definition a head coach is involved in all facets of the game. They still managed to win six.

They pick a CB or LB some where between 15 and 20.

They are a lot more talented than the Jets, Jags, Raiders, Cards, Chargers and at least as good as the Browns and Lions. With talent and better coaching (can't be worse especially on the defensive side) it is easy to see how they won't be in the top 3. The bills have been bad forever but it has been rare that they have picked in the top 3.

I will play along. I think that I answered this a few months ago but may have changed my mind (or may not have b/c I dont remember what I posted). I am saying that the Bills pick 10th and select Bradley Roby - CB from The Ohio State University

p.s. this thread is a microcosm for this board. 13 posts in and not one person answered the OP's question. They just criticized him for asking.

You know the saying, "There are no stupid questions."

That's just what you tell a stupid person after they ask a stupid question to make them feel better. And they fall for it because they're stupid.

What I would like the Bills to do is draft a QB. An elite prospect with decent physical tools, good to great accuracy, and a penchant for quickly and accurately processing large quantities of on-field information. What the Bills will do is draft a non-QB. The strongest possibilities are DL and CB.

I think the Bills could do worse than to look at all the teams likely to finish LAST - Oakland, Jacksonville, Jets, etc. - and begin looking at ways to maneuver trades for draft positions in next year's draft, BEFORE the season is underway. Why? Because there will be some Once-In-a-Lifetime talent available next year at the top of the draft. Who here wouldn't go nuts if we could land Clowney? He looks like the next coming of Bruce Smith. I just happen to think its easier to make moves now, while teams still believe they can climb out of the bottom, than when the certainty is there of having X player with the first, or second, or third pick. Besides Clowney, there will be great QB options, and other stellar defensive players available. Now's the time to stock up on draft picks for next year.

You know the saying, "There are no stupid questions."

That's just what you tell a stupid person after they ask a stupid question to make them feel better. And they fall for it because they're stupid.

This is an actual topic. There will be a 2014 draft. The Bills will have a 1st round pick no matter what. It is not a stupid question. Are you stupid for posting a response with no meaning? No. You are simply an ignorant person who just wasted about 5 minutes of your time wording a statement that can remain unsaid.

Hope you have a great day.

I think the Bills could do worse than to look at all the teams likely to finish LAST - Oakland, Jacksonville, Jets, etc. - and begin looking at ways to maneuver trades for draft positions in next year's draft, BEFORE the season is underway. Why? Because there will be some Once-In-a-Lifetime talent available next year at the top of the draft. Who here wouldn't go nuts if we could land Clowney? He looks like the next coming of Bruce Smith. I just happen to think its easier to make moves now, while teams still believe they can climb out of the bottom, than when the certainty is there of having X player with the first, or second, or third pick. Besides Clowney, there will be great QB options, and other stellar defensive players available. Now's the time to stock up on draft picks for next year.

I am with you. I don't think that they will be bad enough on there own to get Clowney but if they get some ammo maybe? Say the Bears think that they are close and give us a 1 for Byrd (possible but not likely). What if they go 7-9 and pick 11 and the Bills have the 7th pick? Is 7,11 and maybe a 2nd enough to get Clowney?? It may be and he is one of those once in a generation talents that you do that for.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This is an actual topic. There will be a 2014 draft. The Bills will have a 1st round pick no matter what. It is not a stupid question. Are you stupid for posting a response with no meaning? No. You are simply an ignorant person who just wasted about 5 minutes of your time wording a statement that can remain unsaid.

Hope you have a great day.

Chill out man.

34 posts in and you are already name calling....

Geez. There is a lot of sarcasm, humor, fake humor, wannabe funnies. If you dont find the humor in his post, you can either read the next one, answer the op post question, block the "annoying" poster, or do nothing. Name call shouldnt be an option. At least not for his post on stupid questions. It's not like he busted a kanye "George Bush doesnt like black people"

Ps. I too think it's too early for these draft posts. So what do I normally do? I just dont post here. Sigh.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that if the Bills want a once-in-a-generation talent at DE, they need to get serious, and stop Clowneying around.

On a more serious note, I too would favor acquiring the first round picks you described. Trading away Byrd seems like a good place to start.

When it comes to Byrd, the worst-case scenario is losing him--either this year or next--with no draft picks to show for it. The best-case scenario probably consists of trading him away for more than he's worth--such as a first round pick from a team likely to pick in the top-5. Because of the importance of the situation, one could almost say that

. Edited by Edwards' Arm