The Realization of Getting Old

ajzepp

I use toenail clippers. Skin tags are small and at the base they are very thin and easy to snip off.

For the bleeding, just get some kleenex or toilet paper and put pressure on it. It'll probably take a few minutes so be prepared to wait awhile before it stops.

I have some small ones, but I have a huge one on my temple that is disgusting looking. I'm kind of afraid of !@#$ing that one up.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some small ones, but I have a huge one on my temple that is disgusting looking. I'm kind of afraid of !@#$ing that one up.

Dermatologist has some freeze spray that will take it off blood-free in a few days.

I use toenail clippers. Skin tags are small and at the base they are very thin and easy to snip off.

For the bleeding, just get some kleenex or toilet paper and put pressure on it. It'll probably take a few minutes so be prepared to wait awhile before it stops.

I hope you dip those bad boys in rubbing alcohol ....

from the shoulders down im about 30..6 1 204 and no body fat. from the neck up a wreck--balding,couple of cervical spine surgeries.

at 55 the main difference I notice from 30 is the energy level. if I don't work out I have no energy.

Don't work out, no energy. Work out, no energy left, to tired to do anything else :doh:

Quit talking about snipping off your skin tags! *puke* lol

What do you normally do? Shave 'em clean off?

• 2 weeks later...

so I had what i thought was a pretty sudden skin tag on monday into tuesday...i noticed it on the back of my nexk on monday but i was dealing with a pretty wicked hangover so i was pre-occupied...i notice it again on tuesday but again just kind of dismiss it to being a skin tag...in the pharmacy with my son, he says 'you have a bump on your neck' i say yeah, its just a old age thing...he then replies, 'it has legs'...son of a B word, its a tick buried in the back of my neck, so i start trying to see if i can get it out easily...start using my nails a couple minutes in it comes loose, i bring my hand around expecting to see a part of a tick, instead its the whole damn thing, and not a drop of blood had been consumed, judging by the tiny size of it...i start laughing with the thought that my bender on sunday must have made my blood to high in alcohol to have attracted the tick to begin feasting.....i've been chuckling about it for almost a full day....

so I had what i thought was a pretty sudden skin tag on monday into tuesday...i noticed it on the back of my nexk on monday but i was dealing with a pretty wicked hangover so i was pre-occupied...i notice it again on tuesday but again just kind of dismiss it to being a skin tag...in the pharmacy with my son, he says 'you have a bump on your neck' i say yeah, its just a old age thing...he then replies, 'it has legs'...son of a B word, its a tick buried in the back of my neck, so i start trying to see if i can get it out easily...start using my nails a couple minutes in it comes loose, i bring my hand around expecting to see a part of a tick, instead its the whole damn thing, and not a drop of blood had been consumed, judging by the tiny size of it...i start laughing with the thought that my bender on sunday must have made my blood to high in alcohol to have attracted the tick to begin feasting.....i've been chuckling about it for almost a full day....

LOL, dang, you shold have taken some pics of that bad boy for Lana!

I hate those things...I often end up having to fry one off my dog...amazing how they can burrow in like that.

I suppose we don't know what kind of tick it was but with deer ticks you're supposed to apply heat so the tick "voluntarily" leaves.

Deer ticks carry Lyme disease. It is extremely important to safely remove the tick with its head still attached to its body, and then dispose of it; you have to kill it… To remove a tick safely you need some petroleum jelly (Vaseline), a rag, some peroxide, and matches or a cigarette lighter.

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-remove-deer-tick-6267092.html

Lyme Disease is no joke. One of the main symptoms is that you basically feel like you have chronic fatigue syndrome.

Please heed this advice if ever this happens again.

LOL, dang, you shold have taken some pics of that bad boy for Lana!

I hate those things...I often end up having to fry one off my dog...amazing how they can burrow in like that.

*cringes* uh, no thanks. *Puke* There's a reason you are the nurse and I'm not. Lol

My knees! The shock absorbers are done from playing tennis

Yeah - the knees will go. Mine went early from years of playing hoops for hours on end (although a large part is probably just genetic) - I'm 43 and have had both knees replaced (at 41 and 42).

As if having knee replacements didn't make me feel old enough, when I went to physical therapy I worked with a woman there who was wearing a name tag that said her name was Jennifer Grey so I made a crack about "nobody putting baby in a corner' - she just looked at me like she had heard it before but didn't really get the reference, so I had to explain it. It was then that I realized that this girl wasn't even born when Dirty Dancing came out - she had no clue who Jennifer Grey was besides some woman on Dancing with the Stars - then I felt REALLY old.....