Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

There it is! Brady and Tebow co-conspirators! Lock 'em up! :flirt:

Exactly. What Brady really was saying was code for "we know Hernandez is going to execute someone within the next 2 years."

Did anyone really believe the "totally duped" thing?

doc why didn't you speak up sooner? Lives could have been saved.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doc why didn't you speak up sooner? Lives could have been saved.

When I wrote that, I said to myself "that sounds like something WEO would say. Except when it doesn't involve the Pats."

Exactly. What Brady really was saying was code for "we know Hernandez is going to execute someone within the next 2 years."

its funny, because fitz couldve said the same thing about stevie or marshawn for instance.... but clearly its a sign that they had a guy into killing folks. could be - but it seems like quite the jump created only by hindsight.

he was a handful, no one denied that. even the pats simply said (meshing the quotes together a little) "we thought he was trying, he had a hard time following through on things, but we didnt think that he was on THIS path"

Edited by NoSaint

When I wrote that, I said to myself "that sounds like something WEO would say. Except when it doesn't involve the Pats."

No doubt.

Anyway, I am assuming you were vocally agaisnt the Da'rick Rogers signign by the Bills. Or when he inevitably starts murdering people, you will say the Bills were duped?

its funny, because fitz couldve said the same thing about stevie or marshawn for instance.... but clearly its a sign that they had a guy into killing folks. could be - but it seems like quite the jump created only by hindsight.

he was a handful, no one denied that. even the pats simply said (meshing the quotes together a little) "we thought he was trying, he had a hard time following through on things, but we didnt think that he was on THIS path"

You're not supposed to say this kind of thing here. If you don't hate, you are not a fan (or, if you are a fan, you are a "weird" one).

No doubt.

Deep down, you know it's the same snarky comment you'd make about ANY other team not named the Patriots. But since you've spend the better part of a decade apologizing for them, you can't stop now.

Anyway, I am assuming you were vocally agaisnt the Da'rick Rogers signign by the Bills. Or when he inevitably starts murdering people, you will say the Bills were duped?

Why, is/was Rogers a thug? Did the Bills spend a pick on him, much less multi-millions?

Edited by Doc

Da'rick wasn't investigated for a shooting nor did he punch a bouncer.

You're not supposed to say this kind of thing here. If you don't hate, you are not a fan (or, if you are a fan, you are a "weird" one).

The fact that you only criticize the Bills and defend their opponents makes you weird.

More likely, you're not a Bills fan… that would explain pretty much everything.

Show me an example of when someone predicted another human being was gonna commit a murder.

You can't because it doesn't happen, at least not publicly.

On the other hand, Hernandez had given signs that he might be a violent person with anger-management problems.

The whole "no one could have predicted that he was gonna murder someone" is pointless.

Panini does not stick with Hernandez

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22809121/trading-card-company-removes-500k-aaron-hernandez-stickers

Now, as Hernandez languishes (l
ose
vigor
and
vitality)
in a 7-by-10 foot jail cell while he awaits trial, Panini, a trading card and memorabilia company, is trying to scrub itself clean of any Hernandez presence in its products.

As ESPN reports, the company “painstakingly removed” 500,000 Hernandez stickers from its sticker books. To replace that spot in the book, the company has produced one million Tim Tebow stickers.

Now we know why Biilicheat signed Tebow - he wanted to ensure the sticker was replaced with another Patriot* even if it takes 2 Tebows to make one Hernandez.

Panini does not stick with Hernandez

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22809121/trading-card-company-removes-500k-aaron-hernandez-stickers

Now, as Hernandez languishes (l
ose
vigor
and
vitality)
in a 7-by-10 foot jail cell while he awaits trial, Panini, a trading card and memorabilia company, is trying to scrub itself clean of any Hernandez presence in its products.

As ESPN reports, the company “painstakingly removed” 500,000 Hernandez stickers from its sticker books. To replace that spot in the book, the company has produced one million Tim Tebow stickers.

Now we know why Biilicheat signed Tebow - he wanted to ensure the sticker was replaced with another Patriot* even if it takes 2 Tebows to make one Hernandez.

But this is confirmation tebow will be taking the TEs spot, correct?

But this is confirmation tebow will be taking the TEs spot, correct?

Seems confirmation he will be taking half of TE spot. Real funny if he gets cut and company needs to add twice as many replacement stickers.

Da'rick wasn't investigated for a shooting nor did he punch a bouncer.

The fact that you only criticize the Bills and defend their opponents makes you weird.

More likely, you're not a Bills fan… that would explain pretty much everything.

Show me an example of when someone predicted another human being was gonna commit a murder.

You can't because it doesn't happen, at least not publicly.

On the other hand, Hernandez had given signs that he might be a violent person with anger-management problems.

The whole "no one could have predicted that he was gonna murder someone" is pointless.

Rogers was thrown off the Tenn team for serial drug test failures, which was the rap on AH at the combine (not that he was investigated for a shooting).

My criticism of the Bills is performance related and well founded in fact and is voiced by countless others here. I would like nothing more than for them to be a perennial playoff contender. give credit where it is due. You are always willing to accept and reward mediocrity because you feel you have to, as a real fan. We are just different in this regard. Just accept it.

Defending other teams and disagreeing over the facts of an issue are 2 different things. You have already shouted loudly that you cannot and will not ever be objective about any other team or non-Bills item (hence your Manziel screed) when you declared that a true Bills fan must hate all things not the Buffalo Bills.

If you need to believe I am not a Bills fan for your thoughts to make sense to you, I don't really care. Most of your posts are well reasoned out and persuasive--except when it comes to something like this. Questioning my (or anyone else's) "fanhood" is really a white flag, the ultimate nonargument, and I would expect more from a guy like you.

Peace.

Rogers was thrown off the Tenn team for serial drug test failures, which was the rap on AH at the combine (not that he was investigated for a shooting).

Fair enough, but not everyone with a drug failure on their record is a potentially violent person. We haven't seen any reports that suggest that Rogers is - and there had been some reports that AH was.

I do think it's somewhere in-between as regards the Pats. They likely knew that AH could snap, do something stupid, etc. I think killing someone (and doing so in a calculated way) is a brand of darkness that they surely didn't think he had in him, or they simply wouldn't have drafted him. To believe otherwise is pretty nuts.

Fair enough, but not everyone with a drug failure on their record is a potentially violent person. We haven't seen any reports that suggest that Rogers is - and there had been some reports that AH was.

I do think it's somewhere in-between as regards the Pats. They likely knew that AH could snap, do something stupid, etc. I think killing someone (and doing so in a calculated way) is a brand of darkness that they surely didn't think he had in him, or they simply wouldn't have drafted him. To believe otherwise is pretty nuts.

I made that point about 50 pages ago. As for the pats, no doubt they were willing to roll the dice in the draft on this guy. He went 2 seasons without significant known problems and they were satisfied he was safe to extend him. They guessed wrong.

Those saying they should have known he was capable of this type of atrocity when they extended him have already declared themselves to be motivated only by "hating". I say it's reasonable accept the risk they took back then. Any other conclusion by these suddenly prescient posters here is made very recently and only in hindsight. Therefore, they are totally unconvincing.

My criticism of the Bills is performance related and well founded in fact and is voiced by countless others here. I would like nothing more than for them to be a perennial playoff contender. give credit where it is due. You are always willing to accept and reward mediocrity because you feel you have to, as a real fan. We are just different in this regard. Just accept it.

Defending other teams and disagreeing over the facts of an issue are 2 different things. You have already shouted loudly that you cannot and will not ever be objective about any other team or non-Bills item (hence your Manziel screed) when you declared that a true Bills fan must hate all things not the Buffalo Bills.

If you need to believe I am not a Bills fan for your thoughts to make sense to you, I don't really care. Most of your posts are well reasoned out and persuasive--except when it comes to something like this. Questioning my (or anyone else's) "fanhood" is really a white flag, the ultimate nonargument, and I would expect more from a guy like you.

Peace.

1) The rap on Hernandez was "all of the above," not just some failed drug tests as you are asserting in your latest defense of the Patriots. For some reason you're ignoring conversations from earlier in this thread which established that Urban Meyer and NFL teams knew about Hernandez' possible involvement in a shooting and the punching of the bouncer incident before he was drafted. The failed drug tests were only a part of the overall assessment which caused over one-third of NFL teams to take him off their draft boards (according to Jason Whitlock). Meyer knew about these things and only a stupid or naive person would think that Belichick didn't.

2) I am often critical of the team, just not in an extreme and unbalanced way like yourself. There are posters here who are fairly negative who are much more fair than you are. Badolbeelz, JohnC, Sisyphus, just to name 3. All of them are excellent and intelligent posters who happen to be pretty critical of the team. All of them are much more objective than you are. I accept that you and I are different but also I find that you prescribe to some very strange opinions, unlike others I've seen on this board.

3) My recent points about being a Bills fan is another example of one of your misdiagnoses.

My point was and is that it's perfectly natural and acceptable for a fan of any sports team to have a strong, unconditional, love of their team and a dislike for their opponents. Furthermore the fact that that fan's team sucks does not preempt or disqualify that fan from making fun of an opponent, talking trash about an opponent, or taking pleasure in bad things that happen to an opponent.

To hear some people on this board including yourself, Bills fans can't talk about Aaron Hernandez in a negative way because New England is better than us. But according to you I'm the one who's lacking objectivity.

4) True to form, only you could call my topic on Johnny Manziel "a screed" (while eagerly participating in it) and then accuse me of an inability to be objective about the Bills. According to your logic, not only do I hate every other team in the NFL and talk poorly about their players but apparently I hate all the NCAA teams and their players too.

Your attempt to make a link between what you allege to be my lack of objectivity and Johnny Manziel is incredible. It's almost like an LSD-induced free association. For the record, my posts on Johnny Manziel have nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills.

:)

My posts on Manziel have been fair and objective. I have asked pertinent questions. I've made reasonable statements.

You on the other hand have decided that Manziel's done nothing wrong.

Tell that to the Mannings. Tell that to the campers who he was going to instruct, who attended the camp to see him. Tell that to people who think that a person who was kicked out of an instructor's role due to drinking shouldn't be drinking the very next day. Tell that to the other dozen or so college QBs who were able to wake up in the morning and meet with the high schoolers who look up to them.

Then tell me again that Johnny did nothing wrong.

As far as you being a Bills fan, everyone on this board at one time or another shares something about himself and his relationship to the Bills be it an anecdote or a general feeling.

If you are a fan, it's based on a pathology which hasn't yet been discovered.

1) The rap on Hernandez was "all of the above," not just some failed drug tests as you are asserting in your latest defense of the Patriots. For some reason you're ignoring conversations from earlier in this thread which established that Urban Meyer and NFL teams knew about Hernandez' possible involvement in a shooting and the punching of the bouncer incident before he was drafted. The failed drug tests were only a part of the overall assessment which caused over one-third of NFL teams to take him off their draft boards (according to Jason Whitlock). Meyer knew about these things and only a stupid or naive person would think that Belichick didn't.

2) I am often critical of the team, just not in an extreme and unbalanced way like yourself. There are posters here who are fairly negative who are much more fair than you are. Badolbeelz, JohnC, Sisyphus, just to name 3. All of them are excellent and intelligent posters who happen to be pretty critical of the team. All of them are much more objective than you are. I accept that you and I are different but also I find that you prescribe to some very strange opinions, unlike others I've seen on this board.

3) My recent points about being a Bills fan is another example of one of your misdiagnoses.

My point was and is that it's perfectly natural and acceptable for a fan of any sports team to have a strong, unconditional, love of their team and a dislike for their opponents. Furthermore the fact that that fan's team sucks does not preempt or disqualify that fan from making fun of an opponent, talking trash about an opponent, or taking pleasure in bad things that happen to an opponent.

To hear some people on this board including yourself, Bills fans can't talk about Aaron Hernandez in a negative way because New England is better than us. But according to you I'm the one who's lacking objectivity.

4) True to form, only you could call my topic on Johnny Manziel "a screed" (while eagerly participating in it) and then accuse me of an inability to be objective about the Bills. According to your logic, not only do I hate every other team in the NFL and talk poorly about their players but apparently I hate all the NCAA teams and their players too.

Your attempt to make a link between what you allege to be my lack of objectivity and Johnny Manziel is incredible. It's almost like an LSD-induced free association. For the record, my posts on Johnny Manziel have nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills.

:)

My posts on Manziel have been fair and objective. I have asked pertinent questions. I've made reasonable statements.

You on the other hand have decided that Manziel's done nothing wrong.

Tell that to the Mannings. Tell that to the campers who he was going to instruct, who attended the camp to see him. Tell that to people who think that a person who was kicked out of an instructor's role due to drinking shouldn't be drinking the very next day. Tell that to the other dozen or so college QBs who were able to wake up in the morning and meet with the high schoolers who look up to them.

Then tell me again that Johnny did nothing wrong.

As far as you being a Bills fan, everyone on this board at one time or another shares something about himself and his relationship to the Bills be it an anecdote or a general feeling.

If you are a fan, it's based on a pathology which hasn't yet been discovered.

You guys are obsessd with one another. Give it up already. Jeez.