Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Hernandez and maybe no Gronk to start the season has got to impact the NE offense. Amendola is just not as good as Welker IMO.

i'm actually hoping that this has a very direct impact and goes hand in hand with the "brady on his @$$" thread. i have an extreme amount of sports hate for the patsies, and i want to see these b!@#$es get slapped!

So I'd like to ask again, do the Patriots get a 'Get out of Jail Free Card' for his salary against the cap? I'd hope that it is dead money on their cap or they have to 'cut' him.

No idea what the rule is, but they should absolutely have to eat the bullet on this cap hit. While I admittedly was one of the last to know that AH was a red-flagged thug coming out of college, everyone in the business knew, including the Patriots*. If the NFL wants to avoid this type of publicity, they'd do well to ensure that teams who give big money to thugs are accountable for that money if the teams cuts the thug because he was arrested for any reason.

A real pass rush would be nice instead of seeing Brady stand back in the pocket with enough time to finish his manicure.

Yes and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over guaranteed just about every game also.

So, one would assume that the Pats spoke to Hernandez directly and he told them something otherwise they wouldn't take this step. How long until Hoody's subpeona arrives?

i wouldnt assume that at all. in fact id say its incredibly unlikely.