Chargers get rid of wingtip collars

Wow, very interesting. If true, it's hard to imagine jersey sales being very brisk once the season starts. Who wants to buy a non-throwback jersey that doesn't match what you see on the field every week?

Hate to say it, but most jersey buyers won't realize there's a difference (or care). It's a minority who pay attention to the intricate details as much as several of us do.

Hate to say it, but most jersey buyers won't realize there's a difference (or care). It's a minority who pay attention to the intricate details as much as several of us do.

I disagree. Something subtle like 2 stripes on the sleeve instead of 3, or a ridge of red & blue around the collar instead of just white, sure. (Or the differences between official jerseys and DHGate knockoffs.) But I don't think it's possible to look at someone wearing the Nike jerseys and not see that collar. It's a major prominent feature right beneath the person's face. I feel like to not notice it, you would have to be unable to tell the difference between a t-shirt and a polo shirt.

Fluffhead, I'm usually with ya- especially considering I'll be seeing my 50th phish show this summer- but if you're going to tell me that you're cool with the Oregon uniform charade vs. the nice traditional uniforms they used to wear when Tony Graziani took them to the Rose Bowl, or when you watch a game between two traditional teams and one of them is wearing black (when their colors have nothing to with black) and the logo on one side of the helmet is three times the size of the logo on the other side and it's all glittery- if you're cool with that, then we'll have to agree to disagree. The Jaguars are the first team to go in that direction with their new multi-colored helmet that changes color depending on the sun or some s***. Call me crazy but I like the Green Bay Packers uniforms. Or the Chiefs. Or the Steelers. Or the Colts. I'm on that side of the fence and I wish the Bills would try and stay on that side of the fence as well.

Could not have said it better myself.

The weekly changing uniform for the Oregon Ducks is stupid. I also hate the so-called military style uniforms with the hard-shell helmet look.

I love the traditional looking uniforms, please keep it that way.

Bills are you listening: Get rid of those wretched -- wretched! -- toilet seat collars. They look like someone peeping their head up through a toilet seat.

See my post above. Nike pretty much confirmed Bills will lose the collars this year.

Edited by Jukester

And their marketing teams have no say in product development. In other words, the company will do what the company will do, popularity and feasibility be damned.

That makes me like Nike more. It's not about pandering to focus groups. They are innovating and doing what they want to do.

Personally, I like what they do at Oregon with the different unis, and I like the new Bills unis too. Wouldnt mind getting rid of the white collar, but if thats the biggest complaint, so be it.

I've seen plenty of conflicting info regarding the rules on jersey changes and tweaks. I mostly chalked up these latest "rumors" to be just that, since I feel like it doesn't make a lot of sense to tweak a jersey that's only been out one year (regardless of the league policies).

However, I just went to the Nike site to check out the Elite ( on-field) jerseys and, lo and behold:

TIME OUT

WE CAN’T FIND THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

THESE POPULAR PRODUCTS MIGHT INTEREST YOU

http://store.nike.co...8qlZ9phZ9g6Zbhl