fwiw - Ravens sportswriter assessment of 2013 Bills

merlin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2 out of 10? Ouch!

Granted, no one really knows what to expect out of the Bills this season and the author is likely correct that we'll still be feeling our way in week 4. But, so will they IMO. Has any team had more defections this off season than Bmore? Critical elements of their success the last few seasons are elsewhere now, so everybody will see how well Ozzie has been planning for this eventuality. Personally, I wasn't all that taken with them. Their 'Great' defense was built on legend that didn't really exist lately and even WE scored at will against them a couple years back.

Perhaps in the Nation's eyes, this will be a 2out of 10. But I like our chances of winning, nonetheless.

Remember last year when Bills were getting hyped? Yea I am glad people are hating, CJ has plenty of wood on that fire. This defense finally is looking fresh and not outdated old players who are just here to grab some pay.

someone should inform him that our rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie qb, and rookie WRs all add up to no one having tape on us, and not a group of guys that may have growing pains.

Edited by NoSaint

We likely aren't going to be contenders, in terms of making the playoffs. But the lack of press that CJ Spiller gets, one of the most electrifying backs in the NFL, as well as Jackson, who could start on most teams, is bizarre. I also have to think this defense has to be better Week 1, even with a new scheme. Also, I believe the Ravens have unloaded much of their talent in the offseason.

I expect the Bills to come into their own by the fourth week. Should be a close game.

someone should inform him that our rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie qb, and rookie WRs all add up to no one having tape on us, and not a group of guys that may have growing pains.

Under the circumstances, the article is a fair assessment. Typically when a team changes their HC, OC, DC and QB, there are growing pains. I hope the 2013 Bills are an exception but if I were a Ravens sportswriter, I wouldn't see a lot of reasons to predict that the Bills will be a strong opponent this year.

To me, personally, change = hope.

This is the kind of stuff I would love to see in the Buffalo News. Bring some new information to the table about how the Bills match up with each of the years opponents. Report on the team from all sorts of different angles and inform the local reader.

I gave up on Buffalo News but it seems that every Bills article was pretty much they suck, they are moving to Toronto/LA, they are capitalist pigs.

I don't agree with this statement though: "and Williams had just 10.5 sacks."

Only 10.5? Since when was that considered a low number? Especially when the team as a whole only had 36.

This is the kind of stuff I would love to see in the Buffalo News. Bring some new information to the table about how the Bills match up with each of the years opponents. Report on the team from all sorts of different angles and inform the local reader.

I gave up on Buffalo News but it seems that every Bills article was pretty much they suck, they are moving to Toronto/LA, they are capitalist pigs.

Agreed. The Buffalo News continues to tread water like the local teams it covers.

As for the writer's assessment - I just hope this year's Bills play physical football against physical teams like the Ravens. They don't have to win. I just want them to show some gonads for a change.

While I agree that the Bills will have lots of question marks, assuming a 2 out of 10 degree of difficulty is probably a bit optimistic from the Baltimore side. They too have a number of question marks, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. I believe that the Bills will be competitive, although predictions on how many games they will win are almost impossible at this point. I would at least give them half a chance to win.

I wouldn't set my watch for how many wins & losses we might have just yet, thing being that we had such a mess last year that we might be better than advertised. I also wouldn't count EJ out because he can run well, so going the other direction with the ball might gain us much needed yardage at critical times. That and the fact CJ is probably going to run crazy makes me think we might do well, if the coaches call a reasonably sound game.