Got My First Ever Pedicure Tonight

Gugny

Wow. I never knew how delightful they are. Cute Asian girl sitting in front of me my feet between her legs. Leather chair massaging my back and neck. Cute Asian girl massaging my feet and legs ... Including with hot oil.

< Insert needle sliding across the entire album sound effect here >

Sitting next to my wife trying to pretend I'm able to listen to a word she's saying.

The Asian girl was very cute. My wife has been bugging me for years to do this with her. We had some rare time alone yesterday and she suggested it. So I caved. Of course, as my luck would have it, my son's teacher walked in and all I could hear was "you've got to be kidding me!" She whipped out the cell phone and snapped pics. This after my wife assured me that men were always in there getting their feet done. The place was mobbed and I was the only guy in the joint who wasn't an employee.

Eh ... It put a smile on my wife's face, so that made it worth it to me.

Next time I'm going for the clear coat!

EDIT: just a typo fix

Edited by Fig Newtons

Wow. I never knew how delightful they are. Cute Asian girl sitting in front of me my feet between her legs. Leather chair massaging my back and neck. Cute Asian girl massaging my feet and legs ... Including with hot oil.

Sitting next to my wife trying to pretend I'm able to listen to a word she's saying.

If you sign up for Living Social you can get a killer deal on a bikini wax.

If you sign up for Living Social you can get a killer deal on a bikini wax.

Yeah, the line has been drawn with the pedicure. There will be no waxing. Ever.

Yeah, the line has been drawn with the pedicure. There will be no waxing. Ever.

Don't feel too bad, Gug. I myself once dabbled briefly in metrosexuality (not in Nam, of course). Several years ago, around the time boys started wearing their sister's jeans and using copious amounts of hair gel and discussing thread counts, my siblings decided that I hadn't acclimated to the new fashion trends in a timely manner and when visiting over christmas decided to have an intervention. Since they were paying I went along, and against my objections I acquiesced to their demands to dress me in pants from Express for [gay] Men.

Like you, however, I had to draw a line in the sand; across this line YOU DO NOT! That line was not getting highlights in my hair or going to the tanning bed. My sister was really pissed that I thwarted their intervention plan, but at least I escaped with some of my pride still intact.

Don't feel too bad, Gug. I myself once dabbled briefly in metrosexuality (not in Nam, of course). Several years ago, around the time boys started wearing their sister's jeans and using copious amounts of hair gel and discussing thread counts, my siblings decided that I hadn't acclimated to the new fashion trends in a timely manner and when visiting over christmas decided to have an intervention. Since they were paying I went along, and against my objections I acquiesced to their demands to dress me in pants from Express for [gay] Men.

Like you, however, I had to draw a line in the sand; across this line YOU DO NOT! That line was not getting highlights in my hair or going to the tanning bed. My sister was really pissed that I thwarted their intervention plan, but at least I escaped with some of my pride still intact.

Just remember that when you finally make that long-contemplated purchase that you can call it a satchel.

The only Satchel this guy's gonna sport is a Satchel Paige baseball card.

(Proceeds from said card will go toward more pedicures and running away with the cute Asian girl)

Pics?

Now that you've had you pedicure, when are you going to start re-decorating your house?

Now that you've had you pedicure, when are you going to start re-decorating your house?

That started 5 years ago, when we bought it. I figure I'll be done by 2030.

I will have you know I am among the most manly men around...

I get pedicures about once a year. I need one now. With hay season over, my feet drying out with the warm conditions and cracking from sweating/cooling it is good to have done.

I am hoping you have already had a massage. A real one. I have a woman who gives a 75 minute massage - but ends up going 90 minutes for like $50. I found her asking around, avoiding that Twitter coupon deal stuff. If you've not got that, try that.

If you have tried that, I urge you to try a gentlemans facial. (Now, for all the little kids here - take your time to make your gay jokes. I will help... "Yeah? A gentleman giving me a facial? No thanks")... Ok, still with me? Seriously, maybe once every blue moon year I get one. It's been a few years now, but when my body just feels worn out and my face feels like a sponge of goo and sweat and mess I get one. They peel all the junk off, pop your black heads - which is really cool, and leave your face just feeling better.

I use this, Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask Clear Pore, http://tinyurl.com/lfx4arj It works very well.

That started 5 years ago, when we bought it. I figure I'll be done by 2030.

Sounds like us.

I get pedicures about once a year. I need one now. With hay season over, my feet drying out with the warm conditions and cracking from sweating/cooling it is good to have done.

I am hoping you have already had a massage. A real one. I have a woman who gives a 75 minute massage - but ends up going 90 minutes for like $50. I found her asking around, avoiding that Twitter coupon deal stuff. If you've not got that, try that.

If you have tried that, I urge you to try a gentlemans facial. (Now, for all the little kids here - take your time to make your gay jokes. I will help... "Yeah? A gentleman giving me a facial? No thanks")... Ok, still with me? Seriously, maybe once every blue moon year I get one. It's been a few years now, but when my body just feels worn out and my face feels like a sponge of goo and sweat and mess I get one. They peel all the junk off, pop your black heads - which is really cool, and leave your face just feeling better.

I use this, Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask Clear Pore, http://tinyurl.com/lfx4arj It works very well.

I use Neutrogena products too!

My parents bought their house in 1972. They finished remodeling it about 4-5 years ago.

I hope for their sake that they used some timeless design elements.

So you do this just before driving the sheep herd up to the mountain pastures?

The place where I got my pedicure also does facials. They do not offer massages, so that'll be some research. There used to be a guy who would, as people sit at the foot-drying station, just walk up and give random shoulder massages. I guess the state came down on the establishment, saying they couldn't pay him to give the shoulder rubs unless he was a licensed masseuse. So I missed out on that.

The leg massage felt incredible. She pushed the pressure points kinda hard, but in the end it felt great.

I can see doing this a couple times/year, as I battle foot dryness year-round (cracked heels, etc.). I'll look into the facial next time.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I checked my email and had a Groupon for a massage (exactly what you said to avoid). Just thought it was ironic. Don't cha think?

Edited by Fig Newtons

The place where I got my pedicure also does facials. They do not offer massages, so that'll be some research. There used to be a guy who would, as people sit at the foot-drying station, just walk up and give random shoulder massages. I guess the state came down on the establishment, saying they couldn't pay him to give the shoulder rubs unless he was a licensed masseuse. So I missed out on that.

The leg massage felt incredible. She pushed the pressure points kinda hard, but in the end it felt great.

I can see doing this a couple times/year, as I battle foot dryness year-round (cracked heels, etc.). I'll look into the facial next time.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I checked my email and had a Groupon for a massage (exactly what you said to avoid). Just thought it was ironic. Don't cha think?

Its not that youbshould avoid them. I just find the better experiences come once you find someone who does it privately. Usually they practice with a big company and do it on the side as well