I can't in good conscience bring my family to a game

And I don't know about you but to me these guys would stick out like a 'sore thumb' at the stadium. I can't invision a group of al Queda guys tailgating in the stadium lot before the game not attracting some attention..

I know. Those beards, turbans, robes, sandals, AK-47's and bombs strapped to their chests would be a dead giveaway. :rolleyes:

Durka......Durka!!

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are an infinite number of opinions along the continuum of concern when going to an NFL game. OP's is one of them and deserves a hearing and consideration...then choose whether or not to make a decision based on it. OP deserves a hearing, not ridicule.

He deserves ridicule for confusing his paranoia with objective risk analysis, and for confusing the words "bare" and "bear".

Are we really not reading the OP as a parody and just angry at the new nfl measures.... Making jokes about if its so risky that all THAT is required then something absolutely TERRIFYING just MUST be right around the corner, so count him out - tongue firmly in cheek.

That said, certainly not the direction I thought was coming when clicking the thread. I would've bet heavy on it being about drunks, especially with the dead fan potential lawsuit popping up this week.

I took it as sarcasm. But, I might be wrong.

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being killed in a terrorist attack.

If 'you' (the NSA) are monitoring my post here please take this suggestion under consideration as a good first step.

I can't invision a group of al Queda guys tailgating in the stadium lot before the game not attracting some attention..

These sentences jumped out at me.

The first two seem a bit ironic to me. It's funny that we should be more paranoid of our government than terrorists.

The last one is possibly not true. I'm sure the terrorists in several incidents did a very good acting job before their moments of infamy.

As far as the OPs original intent, I'm taking him at face value considering the context of all of his other posts.

I assume OP was being sarcastic, but for those who actually are concerned about this, if terrorists detonate an explosive device at 1 NFL game next year, and you go to 1 NFL game next year, there is less than a .4% chance you will be at that game (not including playoffs).

That doesn't count for the fact that there will be 2430 baseball games played throughout the year as well (not including playoffs). And even if you're in the stadium when the bomb goes off, unless they're somehow able to wire the whole stadium to explode, the chances of you being injured are fairly small.

In light of the numbers, I find myself unable to get worried about the situation. No matter how hard I try I just can't get worried.

I assume OP was being sarcastic, but for those who actually are concerned about this, if terrorists detonate an explosive device at 1 NFL game next year, and you go to 1 NFL game next year, there is less than a .4% chance you will be at that game (not including playoffs).

That doesn't count for the fact that there will be 2430 baseball games played throughout the year as well (not including playoffs). And even if you're in the stadium when the bomb goes off, unless they're somehow able to wire the whole stadium to explode, the chances of you being injured are fairly small.

In light of the numbers, I find myself unable to get worried about the situation. No matter how hard I try I just can't get worried.

Excellent use of common sense

No, you are paranoid. If you want to live your life in fear that is your choice but to not go to a game because someone may bring a bomb is ridiculous. My sister lives in Boston close to marathon bombing. Should she stay in her home forever for fear of another incident?

The stupidest thing about the Boston Marathon bombing is that now the Buffalo Marathon and every other marathon story starts with "increased security" as if somehow terrorists are after runners now!

I have a 3 day weekend scheduled in NYC with my wife and son this summer. My wife voiced a little concern about safety (this was shortly after the Boston bombing). I simply told her three things - 1. If we don't go, we've let the terrorists win. 2. If something does happen, we're all going down together. 3. We're going.

The stupidest thing about the Boston Marathon bombing is that now the Buffalo Marathon and every other marathon story starts with "increased security" as if somehow terrorists are after runners now!

The local news the day of or day after the bombing was interviewing runners and asking if they were concerned about any of the local races being affected. Some stated they were not going to ever run in an organized race again because of the fear of it being a target. I was like "come on!". You're comparing a race that might get a few hundred people to the Boston Marathon?

I have a 3 day weekend scheduled in NYC with my wife and son this summer. My wife voiced a little concern about safety (this was shortly after the Boston bombing). I simply told her three things - 1. If we don't go, we've let the terrorists win. 2. If something does happen, we're all going down together. 3. We're going.

:thumbsup:

Look on the bright side - - if BOTH the stadium and the team get blown up, we probably get a new stadium (can't move the team and let the terrorists win) AND some extra draft picks to restock the team!

If it's gotta happen, can we at least make it a Pats game?

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Look on the bright side - - if BOTH the stadium and the team get blown up, we probably get a new stadium (can't move the team and let the terrorists win) AND some extra draft picks to restock the team!

Plus, we won't lose many good players, since it'll no doubt be a rebuilding year...

The local news the day of or day after the bombing was interviewing runners and asking if they were concerned about any of the local races being affected. Some stated they were not going to ever run in an organized race again because of the fear of it being a target. I was like "come on!". You're comparing a race that might get a few hundred people to the Boston Marathon?

Exactly - how stupid!!

http://boards.buffal...amily-to-a-game

I am just gonna use what some of these people thought of this on the other forums.

So the OP started the exact same topic on a different message board?

Not to be mean but there was something about his early neediness that made me put him on ignore very early on.

Sorry to be a dick.

Get in early and get out before the end of the game. You could be killed on the way to the game. A plane could drop out of the sky on your house. You could have a stroke tonight in your sleep tonight.. You never know.

Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 regarding terrorists and stadiums. You're in more danger driving to the stadium than being at the stadium.

"Sum Of All Fears" also, both the book and movie, involve a stadium being bombed.