Who's moving their franchise now?

If true, that explains for me why the Houston Texans are the Texans and not the Oilers, why the Baltimore is no

longer the Colts, etc..So f'ing dumb, if I was an Oiler fan, I would be pissed. I can't think of any other modern day

NFL team that just died like the Oilers did. Then they trot them back out as the Oiler/Titans in Tennessee, give

me a break.

I think its safe to say Baltimore didn't go with the Baltimore Colts again because of the Indianapolis Colts, but if the rule exists, it does seem pointless.

Really? You don't need a rule. The owner of the team, not the city, owns the name. When he moves the team, the name goes with him.

Really? You don't need a rule. The owner of the team, not the city, owns the name. When he moves the team, the name goes with him.

I know enough about trademarks and copyrights to know that I don't know anything about trademarks and copyrights.

Having said that, if the Houston Oilers move to Tennessee, then change their name, does that prevent a new Houston team from using the same name 3 years later?

Edited by Grimace

I know enough about trademarks and copyrights to know that I don't know anything about trademarks and copyrights.

Having said that, if the Houston Oilers move to Tennessee, then change their name, does that prevent a new Houston team from using the same name 3 years later?

Considering the fact that the Houston Oilers Inc still own the 'Houston Oilers' and the trademark is still 'live' then yes, that will prevent a new Houston team from using the same name 3 years later.

LA and all of Southern California seems to be a place where people end up from somewhere else. Hell even the teams are from somewhere else most of the time...Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders... I suspect TV viewership may be just fine if they show the best game of the week.

In the end it will be corporate dollars or lack of that will decide the Bills' and Buffalo's fate.

I know the NFL likes ratings but no team survives in LA, why go through this again? It isn't going to be supported well and will fold in maybe 10 years.

So if the Rams were not to move back to Los Angeles, where else would they go?

Not anymore, it all changed when the Browns moved to Baltimore.

But if the Rams do go back to LA, I could see the NFL letting them use Rams since that was what they were known as before.