Bills scheduling woes

No one can reasonably dispute that having more time to rest and prepare is an advantage. What some are saying is that the Bills shouldn't whine about it because they've sucked for so long/all by themselves. :rolleyes:

Well now that's just plain silly.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very confident that in other years when the schedule was in our favor you didn't complain.

Hahaha, that's wonderful! You know an argument has gone on too long and everyone's out of something to say when someone pulls the old, "you don't complain when you unfairly benefit" canard. Well done.

So this thread is over now, but it was fun while it lasted. Kudos to SJBF for the post of the thread -- wonderful Q&A, really got to the heart of it. Kudos to everyone else for participating, and best wishes to everyone.

The question is irrelevant. Both teams get 2 weeks off before the SB. Also, the best teams do get a week off at the start of the playoffs (it's called a "bye")---is that fair??

The question IS relevant. Both teams get EQUAL time off before the SB game because it's FAIR and right. The do not let one team have an extra week off to rest and prepare, thanks for helpiong me prove my point. I'm asking a simple question about an extra week being more advantageous or not to a team. The answer is YES. And earning (yes I said EARNING) a first round bye (after being the best for the entire season) is ok in my book. Besides, the team with the time off only gets to rest during the extra week, they don't earn extra prep time because they don't know who they'll be playing and have to wait until the weekend before to see who wins.

Check out this scenario: if two teams finished first and second in a division with 10-6 and 9-7 records, but the team with the 10-6 record won a game (after its bye week) against the 9-7 team (not coming off a bye week), thus giving them the Division. Now, if that happens every few years, then ok, but in the case of "some" NFL teams, they get that advantage EVERY year. All I have been stating is that "advantage" should be spread around equally.

To those talking about the Bills lack of winning as being the cause... WTH are you smoking... so you're stating we should always get screwed until we start winning...? That's like throwing water on someone that's drowning... Hell I'm not whining about it, I just want the "equality" in the NFL to actually be equal. Again... if this happens occaisionally, then that's the breaks, but when you do some digging, the past scheduling facts show the Bills haven't recieved their equal share of the bye week scheduling advantage.

Chris Brown did a good job laying out the facts. The only cure is to win. The weaker you are, the more the NFL dumps on you. That is a known fact. The victors get the spoils and I have no problem with that.

The question IS relevant. Both teams get EQUAL time off before the SB game because it's FAIR and right. The do not let one team have an extra week off to rest and prepare, thanks for helpiong me prove my point. I'm asking a simple question about an extra week being more advantageous or not to a team. The answer is YES. And earning (yes I said EARNING) a first round bye (after being the best for the entire season) is ok in my book. Besides, the team with the time off only gets to rest during the extra week, they don't earn extra prep time because they don't know who they'll be playing and have to wait until the weekend before to see who wins.

No, it's not relevant--and disproves our point. Why should the best teams in the conferences get a week of to prepare for an inferior opponent (record-wise)? And it happens every year! Why not give the 9-7 team that just squeaks into the playoffs and extra week to rest for their next (and better) opponent (they can certainly be preparing for either team they will likely face)? Wouldn't that be more fair? Would should the best team coming off a bye face the worst team--in the playoffs?

Why is all of this "OK in (your) book", but an extra week of rest and preparation to play the Bills is horribly unfair back in week 7 or 8?

All Divisional teams should have their bye week at the same time, followed by a game against one of their Divisional foes. End of story.

There should be no bye week. End of story.

I need clarification; when did the story end?

Hard for the team to complain when they happily put themselves at yet another scheduling disadvantage by adding an extra away game every year in exchange for a handsome pot of cash...

Have to agree. And how many of those "home" games have we won? Oy vey..