Overrated Owner and Organization

1. They have more ex-Patriot Patriot boosters on ESPN and NFL Network that any other team. Example Health Evans, Willie McGinest, Teddy Bruski. Everytime I watch football analysis shows on those networks, one of those three, sometimes two at the same time, are making some Patriots are the greatest comments. Makes me sick. Then there's Peter King, the unashamed flaming Patriot booster/principle writer for SI. With those four, there is more Patriot propaganda thrown our way than anything we get from any other team. The latest was Evan's rant that Tebow will become great under Bilichick. Enough already with crap like "the Patriot way". How well has that defensive genious Belichick done over the past six years drafting corners and safetys? He's known those positions were week for sometime and has drafted a bunch. But most have failed. Yet failure and Belichick are never mentioned in the same sentence. Fire those ex-Patriots and get some honest unbiased analysts on those shows.

While I agree the Cheatriots*** are a perennially strong team in a large media market, these are very good, legit points and part of the reason they are so insufferable.

Theres good reason for that :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lNkyS9dBnM

Great head coaches tend to find great QB's.

So I would be surprised all all to see the Patriots keep winning without Tom Brady. Rememeber the year the lost him for 15 games, and still went 11-5.

With a team that went 18-1 the prior year, so that seems to show that Brady alone may be worth 5 or more wins a year. Extrapolate that to their more recent seasons and you get 8-8 or 7-9 without him....

With a team that went 18-1 the prior year, so that seems to show that Brady alone may be worth 5 or more wins a year. Extrapolate that to their more recent seasons and you get 8-8 or 7-9 without him....

The thing i dont understand about the Patriots is that they are hanging their proverbial Hat on Brady. No GM worth his salt would not have a rebuild on his mind .

If Brady is worth 5 more wins , and i think he is all of that , what happens when he goes down for the season or reaches his NFL end decisively ?

The Pats really appear to be riding this horse to the bitter end . From where i stand, it looks like ..when senorita Brady is done suddenly,.. Patriots dynasty.. el finito .

any thoughts ?

sjbf i would never ever mock you. probably never. okay sometimes

To infinity and beyond

go bills

Edited by 3rdand12

Kinda like 2008 when the Brady-less Patriots proceeded to go 11-5 with Matt Cassel quarterbacking them?

Kinda like 2008 when the Brady-less Patriots proceeded to go 11-5 with Matt Cassel quarterbacking them?

That's what I was referencing in my post. Remember that the 2007 team was 18-1, so Brady may be good for up to 7 wins on his own, 5 in the regular season. Extrapolate that to the 12-4 team last year and you get 7-9. Imperfect methodology here? Yes, but you get the point.....

I plead guilty to being a Patriot hater, but with that disclaimer, I still think Kraft and his Patriots organization is overrated. Kraft gets all of this positive publicity from the media, and I just don't see it. We don't praise a guy who buys a winning lottery ticket for being a financial genius; and drafting a QB in the 6th round and having him turn out to be a Hall of Famer is akin to buying a winning lottery ticket - just luck. Before and/ or without Brady, Kraft's team was a mediocrity.

And spare me the talk of Kraft the great humanitarian. Ever go to a Patriots game? Despite the fact that Kraft has more money than his children's children's children will ever be able to spend, he sticks it to the average fan by charging absolute top dollar from everything from parking to concessions. Not because he needs the money, but just because he can. So spare us the talk of the great and generous Robert Kraft.

I don't think Kraft deserves credit for picking a HOF QB in the 6th Round. However, it is what he has done in the decade since winning the lottery that deserves the credit. He has astutely managed the Salary cap, including not being pushed to make Brady the highest paid QB in the league. Along with Belichek they have made decisions (some of them cold) that are best for the team. The Patriots are the hottest ticket in town and for that Kraft deserves praise for having turned that franchise around.

Pats won the lottery and there is no doubt about it. You pick and eventual HOFer in the first round, you drafted well, you get one in the sixth, and you won the lottery.

Coming out Brady had less physical talent than losman, Trenty, and a long list of others. It was his own internal drive, passionate personal commitment to winning, moxie and tireless work to be the best that made him succeed.

It's like joe Montana where a very average physical specimen had all the intangibles to make him elite nfl qb. No one, no one saw the raw materials in Brady as a prospect, to develop him into what he is today, and bellicheck can try but any credit he tries to claim can be refuted handily with the numerous examples of underachieving qb's in his wake of various nfl coaching roles.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Belichick was predominantly a defensive coach for the vast majority of his NFL career. It's only been in the last 10 years that he's slowly made the shift towards coaching the offense.

I don't think Brady would be Brady without Belichick just as I don't think Montana would have been Montana without Bill Walsh.

In both cases there was a synergy between player and coach IMO.

Belichick was predominantly a defensive coach for the vast majority of his NFL career. It's only been in the last 10 years that he's slowly made the shift towards coaching the offense.

I don't think Brady would be Brady without Belichick just as I don't think Montana would have been Montana without Bill Walsh.

Well, Belichick is a defensive coach and has been his entire career. He never coached an offense. He has nothing to do with Brady's greatness, just as Marv Levy had zero to do with Kelly's greatness.

And by the way, defensive genius Belichick has had some of the worst NFL defenses in the ast several years.

I disagree.

Belichick's time in Cleveland is typically misunderstood and misrepresented.

I think Belichick is just as instrumental in the Cheatriots*** success as Brady is.

But the point is about Kraft and his guidance of the team. In fact Kraft gave up a first round pick in order to pry Belichick away from the Jets.

Explain how belecheat's time with the Browns is misunderstood and misrepresented. Seems to me he was fired.

Um, actually no, I completely disagree with you. The union of Brady and Belichek was the cause for Brady's rise to greatness. There's no doubt in my mind Brady would not have succeeded anywhere other than New England. There's a reason he was a sixth round draft pick. Yeah, he had fire, and is intelligent, but without Belichek and his system/mindset, Brady would have flamed out with any other team.

Totally disagree.. to say Brady is a product of a system is utter folly

Well, Belichick is a defensive coach and has been his entire career. He never coached an offense. He has nothing to do with Brady's greatness, just as Marv Levy had zero to do with Kelly's greatness.

And by the way, defensive genius Belichick has had some of the worst NFL defenses in the ast several years.

So are you saying I'm lying or just misinformed?

:)

Belichick might have become famous in the 1980s for his Super Bowl-winning defenses, but within the New York Giants' offices, he was renowned for spotting plays run by the 49ers and Redskins, tailoring them to New York's personnel and suggesting them to offensive coordinator Ron Erhardt. In his spare time, he put together an offensive playbook, borrowing and tweaking plays from other teams, and inventing his own.

"Philosophically, I knew what I wanted to do if I ever got a chance to be a head coach," he said.

When that chance arrived, he was ready. At various times as the Cleveland Browns' head coach, Belichick called the offensive plays. And that's the side of the ball with which he's been heavily involved in New England.

It's partly due to necessity. Quarterbacks coach Dick Rehbein died in 2001, and then-offensive coordinator Charlie Weis almost died due to gastric bypass surgery complications in 2002. But it's mostly because Belichick knows offense. He's met with his quarterbacks privately at least three times a week for nine years. That's why, after Josh McDaniels left New England to coach the Denver Broncos, Tom Brady said, "As long as we have Belichick, I always think that we're going to be just fine."

With assistants constantly leaving the Pats for other teams, Belichick takes it upon himself to sharpen New England's edge. Half of his offensive playbook is different now than when he arrived in 2000. That's why he visits Nick Saban in Alabama once a year to talk defense, then Urban Meyer in Florida to chat offense. Last year, Belichick was eager to learn about the Gators' "empty" pass protections; afterward, he adjusted them to his team.

For instance, in a victory over the Miami Dolphins last season, the Patriots ran the shotgun 80 times, using only five blockers on 19 snaps.

"He's a defensive mind," Meyer says, "who's adapted the offensive game."

http://sports.espn.g...seth&id=4443119

This is one of many stories out there on the subject. Belichick has been the Cheatriots*** OC and play caller for years now. He's designed and installed the offenses New England runs and is solely responsible for the Two Tight End attack which is their base offense and is starting to be emulated league-wide. He's also been the play caller for most of the past 8 years dating to 2005 when Charlie Weiss left the team.

In that 2005 season the team hired no replacement for Weis and had no OC by title. The following season Belichick named his protege, Josh McDaniels (who was a DEFENSIVE COACH on the team for 3 seasons) his "Offensive Coordinator."

When McDaniels left to become Denver's Head Coach, Belichick didn't bother naming an offensive coordinator for 2009 or for the 2010 season. In 2011 Belichick named Bill O'Brien as his offensive coordinator. In 2012 McDaniels returned to the team and was given the offensive coordinator title.

Close followers of the NFL and the Cheatriots know that Belichick is the offensive coordinator for his team and has been for years.

I hate the Cheatriots*** as much as the next guy but don't let your hatred get in the way of the truth (good disclaimer though).

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Explain how belecheat's time with the Browns is misunderstood and misrepresented. Seems to me he was fired.

A guy is fired so that automatically invalidates the remainder of his career? Is that your position?

If you care to know what my opinion is based on, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xEU2xcJOFw

To say he was fired so he's overrated as a coach is a gross oversimplification. There's a reason that most NFL people consider him the greatest coach of his generation.

Again I hate the Cheatriots*** but not to the point where I'll disregard the truth.

A guy is fired so that automatically invalidates the remainder of his career? Is that your position?

If you care to know what my opinion is based on, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xEU2xcJOFw

To say he was fired so he's overrated as a coach is a gross oversimplification. There's a reason that most NFL people consider him the greatest coach of his generation.

Again I hate the Cheatriots*** but not to the point where I'll disregard the truth.

You're going to explain to me your position by trying to torture me with a 45 minute video of Belicheat? LOL ....Can't you explain your position in a brief paragraph or two? Belichick's firing in Cleveland was aptly called "the reign of error" by one of Cleveland's sports writers. How can Belichick be so good in New England and so bad in Cleveland? In my humble opinion, it's Tom Brady. Belichick did nothing of consequence until Brady took over. Also, don't discount the cheating that Belichick was a part of that influenced the outcome of superbowls and quite possibly other important games. I cannot in all honestly say a guy who blantantly cheated is the best coach of all time. How many superbowls have they won since the cheating? None!! I could easily argue Chuck Knoll, Don Schula, Tom Landry , Vince Lonbardi and others as the best coach of all time. A cheater will never get my vote. Sorry he get's yours. Would you say Barry Bonds is the best baseball player of all time? Probably not after the cheating. Take Brady from the Pats, and Belechick is just another coach. I do admit he made adjustments after being fired. he did learn and adjust. I think his failures in Cleveland also is a reason he resorted to cheating. He was so afraid of failure, he cheated.

Edited by first_and_ten

You're going to explain to me your position by trying to torture me with a 45 minute video of Belicheat? LOL ....Can't you explain your position in a brief paragraph or two? Belichick's firing in Cleveland was aptly called "the reign of error" by one Cleveland's sports writers. How can Belichick be so good in New England and so bad in Cleveland? In my humble opinion, it's Tom Brady. Belichick did nothing of consequence until Brady took over. Also, don't discount the cheating that Belichick was a part of that influenced the outcome of superbowls and quite possibly othe important games. I cannot in all honestly say a guy who blantantly cheated is the best coach of all time. How many superbowls have they won since the cheating? None!! I could easily argue Chuck Knoll, Don Schula, Tom Landry , Vince lonbardi and others as the best coach of all time. A cheater will never get my vote. Sorry he get's yours. Would you say Barry Bonds is the best baseball player of all time? Probably not after the cheating. Take Brady from the Pats, and Belechick is just another coach. I do admit he made adjustments after being fired. he did learn and adjust. I think his failures in Cleveland also is a reason he resorted to cheating. He was so sfraid of failure, he cheated.

Where to start?

1) You invalidated Belichick's entire career in one sentence so I'm supposed to devote paragraphs in refuting you? I had already put more work into my posts than you did.

2) I never said "greatest of all time." I said that he's considered by most to be the greatest of his generation. I never compared him to Lombardi, Landry, etc.

3) The Cleveland sports writers would of course call it the" Reign of Error." Belichick's standing with the media hasn't changed at all. It's not about his popularity with the media, it's about his football team's performance.

4) Upon close examination of his time in Cleveland if you're honest you'll find that he did a good coaching job there and that his "failure" there is overstated. If you want to disagree that's fine.

5) Yes Belichick is a cheater and as I already mentioned, I hate him and his team. That said I don't completely dismiss his entire body of work due to that reason. Rather, I attempt to account for that in evaluating his work.

6) I'm not gonna attempt to play psychologist here. I don't know what his motivations are but I think Belichick is a bad person and an excellent coach.

7) Again, I don't think Tom Brady has the same success he's had without his association with Belichick.

Where to start?

1) You invalidated Belichick's entire career in one sentence so I'm supposed to devote paragraphs in refuting you? I had already put more work into my posts than you did.

2) I never said "greatest of all time." I said that he's considered by most to be the greatest of his generation. I never compared him to Lombardi, Landry, etc.

3) The Cleveland sports writers would of course call it the" Reign of Error." Belichick's standing with the media hasn't changed at all. It's not about his popularity with the media, it's about his football team's performance.

4) Upon close examination of his time in Cleveland if you're honest you'll find that he did a good coaching job there and that his "failure" there is overstated. If you want to disagree that's fine.

5) Yes Belichick is a cheater and as I already mentioned, I hate him and his team. That said I don't completely dismiss his entire body of work due to that reason. Rather, I attempt to account for that in evaluating his work.

6) I'm not gonna attempt to play psychologist here. I don't know what his motivations are but I think Belichick is a bad person and an excellent coach.

7) Again, I don't think Tom Brady has the same success he's had without his association with Belichick.

This is so obvious it's scary

I plead guilty to being a Patriot hater, but with that disclaimer, I still think Kraft and his Patriots organization is overrated. Kraft gets all of this positive publicity from the media, and I just don't see it. We don't praise a guy who buys a winning lottery ticket for being a financial genius; and drafting a QB in the 6th round and having him turn out to be a Hall of Famer is akin to buying a winning lottery ticket - just luck. Before and/ or without Brady, Kraft's team was a mediocrity.

And spare me the talk of Kraft the great humanitarian. Ever go to a Patriots game? Despite the fact that Kraft has more money than his children's children's children will ever be able to spend, he sticks it to the average fan by charging absolute top dollar from everything from parking to concessions. Not because he needs the money, but just because he can. So spare us the talk of the great and generous Robert Kraft.

Nine times out of ten, when a fan of a team that sucks calls a successful team, "overrated," it really just means, "Damn, I'm jealous that that other team is so good when my team sucks so bad!"

This is one of the nine.

Where to start?

You must have missed the LOL. I clearly knew you wouldn't devote paragraphs to refuting me. Throwing a Belichick video up there doesn't exactly refute things. You say many condider him the greatest coach of his generation. Does this include you, or do you just think he's a very good coach? Because, after the cheating he has not won a superbowl. Do the coaches who have won superbowls without the cheating in his generation deserve to be called better coaches? Think about it. Do the patriots win those superbowls without cheating? The NFL would have us all believe the cheating doesn't really matter. Burn the tapes and hope everyone forgets so that the good name of the NFL is not smeared by a cheat. They suspend Payton for a year for what he did because it hurts the integrity of the game. I would say what Belicheat did was far worse. Yet he seems to get a pass. When the reporter offered that ststement about Belechick's time in cleveland, it was about the team's performance. If losing in Cleveland is called a good coaching job, maybe the Bills should have kept Dick Jauron. If he had Brady in Cleveland, I'm sure he would have won there too. You take the cheating in account as part of his work. He should have been thrown out of the league. He stole superbowls from more deserving teams. And clearly Belichick doesn't have near the success without his association with Brady

Edited by first_and_ten

You must have missed the LOL. I clearly knew you wouldn't devote paragraphs to refuting me. Throwing a Belichick video up there doesn't exactly refute things. You say many condider him the greatest coach of his generation. Does this include you, or do you just think he's a very good coach? Because, after the cheating he has not won a superbowl. Do the coaches who have won superbowls without the cheating in his generation deserve to be called better coaches? Think about it. Do the patriots win those superbowls without cheating? The NFL would have us all believe the cheating doesn't really matter. Burn the tapes and hope everyone forgets so that the good name of the NFL is not smeared by a cheat. They suspend Payton for a year for what he did because it hurts the integrity of the game. I would say what Belicheat did was far worse. Yet he seems to get a pass. When the reporter offered that ststement about Belechick's time in cleveland, it was about the team's performance. If losing in Cleveland is called a good coaching job, maybe the Bills should have kept Dick Jauron. If he had Brady in Cleveland, I'm sure he would have won there too. You take the cheating in account as part of his work. He should have been thrown out of the league. He stole superbowls from more deserving teams. And clearly Belichick doesn't have near the success without his association with Brady

This has gotten a bit blown out of proportion.

My point from the start is that I believe that Belichick has been very instrumental in Brady's development and that Brady wouldn't be the player he is today without Belichick.

On numerous occasions I've cited the cheating and lack of Super Bowl victories since the cheating was exposed as serious tarnish on Belichick's reputation because the margin between victory and defeat is typically much thinner than most people believe, IMO.

Pats won the lottery and there is no doubt about it. You pick and eventual HOFer in the first round, you drafted well, you get one in the sixth, and you won the lottery.

Coming out Brady had less physical talent than losman, Trenty, and a long list of others. It was his own internal drive, passionate personal commitment to winning, moxie and tireless work to be the best that made him succeed.

It's like joe Montana where a very average physical specimen had all the intangibles to make him elite nfl qb. No one, no one saw the raw materials in Brady as a prospect, to develop him into what he is today, and bellicheck can try but any credit he tries to claim can be refuted handily with the numerous examples of underachieving qb's in his wake of various nfl coaching roles.

So Brady was a HOFer in the 6th round? The logic is baffling. They picked a guy with questionable ability and brought out the best in him. Why wouldn't they get credit for that?

Montana, a guy who had a legendary college career was also an "underachieving QB"? He fell to the 3rd round because scouts downplayed his physical attributes.

Patriots last were Champions February 6, 2005

Since then, both the Steelers and Giants have won the Super Bowl twice.

The Patriots are a very good team year in and year out, but they have long since passed the Dynasty stage.

and the media continues to over-rate them, yes.

Having ESPN down the street contributes to this..........................

Bristol is closer to NYC than Boston.

1. They have more ex-Patriot Patriot boosters on ESPN and NFL Network that any other team. Example Health Evans, Willie McGinest, Teddy Bruski. Everytime I watch football analysis shows on those networks, one of those three, sometimes two at the same time, are making some Patriots are the greatest comments. Makes me sick. Then there's Peter King, the unashamed flaming Patriot booster/principle writer for SI. With those four, there is more Patriot propaganda thrown our way than anything we get from any other team. The latest was Evan's rant that Tebow will become great under Bilichick. Enough already with crap like "the Patriot way". How well has that defensive genious Belichick done over the past six years drafting corners and safetys? He's known those positions were week for sometime and has drafted a bunch. But most have failed. Yet failure and Belichick are never mentioned in the same sentence. Fire those ex-Patriots and get some honest unbiased analysts on those shows.

2. Yes, I do.

"Health Evans"?? Evans played on 4 different teams in his career. Can you link me to one instance where he made you sick with "the Patriots are the best" comments? Or McGinest?

And Bruschi's most famous quote about the pats was him going off on Ocho Cinco after OC said he was "in awe" of Brady.

If those 3 make you sick, you must be absolutely dying over the Cowboys' Jimmy Johnson, Daryl Johnston, Irvin, Emmit Smith, Troy Aikman...

So Brady was a HOFer in the 6th round? The logic is baffling. They picked a guy with questionable ability and brought out the best in him. Why wouldn't they get credit for that?

Sorry it's baffling. Most people seem to grasp it pretty quickly. Brady was a winning lottery ticket. There were zero people outside of the Brady household that ever imagined him doing anything other than potentially making a Roster.

And New Englend gets all the credit there is for randomly buying that winning lottery ticket and managing not to cut him the first year.

If this was about NE's ability to develop QBs and not the fact that Brady was stacked with all the intangibles and desire that it took to get where he is, then Mallet, a MUCH better collegiate prospect should beat out Brady for an even better career or become a slam dunk first round draft pick trade candidate any time now. He's been "under development" a lot longer then Tommy boy was.

There is no Magical secret potion or script to develop scrubs into HOF QB's. Maybe Brady's success is as much as 10% Belicheck, 90% Brady. Even that seems a discredit to Tommy, who's existence immensely annoys me, just not enough to fallaciously claim him a subordinate to his own success.

This all sounds very petty. The Patriots are an excellent organization, from top to bottom, with excellent mgmt, marketing, coaching, and players that win. They are the winningest team in the NFL in the last 13 years.

With that said I want to destroy them on opening day. I've been praying in church after family etc, and ask God this year, let my Bills kill the Pats this year. Every once in awhile I start to daydream maybe this team pulls a Jim Harbaugh turnaround like the 49ers in one year.

Now an overrated organization is the Cowboys. I am so sick of hearing on NFL Radio about the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is a bloviating ass, who is not smart enough to know he needs to fire himself, and pick up a real GM. If he stuck to the marketing end of the organization, his team would be in much better shape. And he hates organizations like the Bills as he hates the revenue sharing.

Not nearly as petty as Kraft feeling the need to say "I don't answer to Tom Brady", publicly. If a "leader" has to go around reminding people who is in charge: he ain't.

Frankly I don't see much difference between Kraft and Jones, in terms of football acumen. The only real difference is: one has a HOF QB, the other has an ESPN-hyped clown(only slightly better than Sanchez, another ESPN-hyped clown), who is only considered "good" because there's a lot of Cowboy fans in 7 states that want to hear that.

Or, you can go here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php get an account, like a certain message board troll who will remain nameless has, and ask "what do you guys think about the Patriot Way". The responses will range from apoplectic to hilarious. However NOBODY in Chiefs Nation thinks that the Patriots organization, is anything but a QB.

They should know, as they've hired, and then fired, multiple people from that organization, including their GM. Thus, to them, the Patriot Way is a joke.

Also, I wouldn't call Belechick's body of work in the draft, for the last 8 years: "excellent". I would call it the opposite of excellent, with some maybes at the end of that time frame. Just imagine if we had drafted DBs as many times as they have over the same amount of time. There are posters on this board that would literally go nuts. (Of course, the fact that they've drafted DB so many times, and still won, is something to consider as well)

These are the inconvenient facts that you will never hear ESPN or NFL Network talk about, because it is not in their financial interest to do so.

Sorry it's baffling. Most people seem to grasp it pretty quickly. Brady was a winning lottery ticket. There were zero people outside of the Brady household that ever imagined him doing anything other than potentially making a Roster.

And New Englend gets all the credit there is for randomly buying that winning lottery ticket and managing not to cut him the first year.

If this was about NE's ability to develop QBs and not the fact that Brady was stacked with all the intangibles and desire that it took to get where he is, then Mallet, a MUCH better collegiate prospect should beat out Brady for an even better career or become a slam dunk first round draft pick trade candidate any time now. He's been "under development" a lot longer then Tommy boy was.

There is no Magical secret potion or script to develop scrubs into HOF QB's. Maybe Brady's success is as much as 10% Belicheck, 90% Brady. Even that seems a discredit to Tommy, who's existence immensely annoys me, just not enough to fallaciously claim him a subordinate to his own success.

There is no logic at all in your Mallett analogy. Anyway, yeah, Brady is a very bright guy who had unforseen talent, but your inference that when Bledsoe went down that BB just looked down the bench, pointed at Brady and, presto!--unwrapped a HOF caliber QB is laughable.

Here's a simple question, would Brady been a HOF QB if picked by the Bills in round 6?

There is no logic at all in your Mallett analogy. Anyway, yeah, Brady is a very bright guy who had unforseen talent, but your inference that when Bledsoe went down that BB just looked down the bench, pointed at Brady and, presto!--unwrapped a HOF caliber QB is laughable.

Here's a simple question, would Brady been a HOF QB if picked by the Bills in round 6?

Well since we are being honest, now you have baffled me. I don't know the answer to your simple question; in a parallel universe would a surely first ballot hall of famer have had a commensurate career if drafted by the Bills? I'll add he certainly might have.

I suppose you know the right answer or have some Analytics model than can provide a high confidence projection?

One additional fact may be instructive. The Krafts have also owned the MLS New England Revolution since their inception in 1995. There the Krafts have not found their Belichick or Brady. The Revolution’s aggregate record is 194-231-102. They have had 6 winning seasons in 17 years and have never won the MLS Championship. Perhaps post-Belichick/Brady the Patriots will revert to similar mediocrity.

Well since we are being honest, now you have baffled me. I don't know the answer to your simple question; in a parallel universe would a surely first ballot hall of famer have had a commensurate career if drafted by the Bills? I'll add he certainly might have.

I suppose you know the right answer or have some Analytics model than can provide a high confidence projection?

The answer is an opinion, obviously, and it is intuitive, not baffling. During Brady's tenure, the Bills have employed Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, and Gailey as HC. You can pretend you don't know how to answer this question if it helps your argument hold weight with you, but you aren't very convincing.

Just give me your opinion, that's all.

Brady wasn't that great his first few years. He became great over time. And he did it within the culture of belichick (and Krafts) team. NE made Brady. Few other teams would have done anything with him. Least of all the Bills, who were stumbling through one awful HC after another during this time.

You can't be serious. Did you say Brady wasn't that great his first few years? His completion percentage in his first full year was higher than his career average. Oh and he won a championship. Obviously QB's get better over time but your statement is ridiculous.

So exactly what is the "culture of Belichick" that developed him? BIll's whopping 36-44 head coaching record at Cleveland? His last season there and his first one in NE he went 5-11. And that was WITH pro bowl QB Drew Bledsoe. Man that culture was really something.

You said "Few other teams would have done anything with him". You mean throw him into the game because your franchise QB just sheared a blood vessel in his chest. Yeah that's real genius strategic planning. Here you go Tom, good luck.

Their defense was ranked 24th in the league that year too. What a culture. He's done a great job with the defense lately too, as you can tell by their bottom of the league rankings.

Yeah Brady didn't do anything. Its was all Kraft and Belichick.

The answer is an opinion, obviously, and it is intuitive, not baffling. During Brady's tenure, the Bills have employed Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, and Gailey as HC. You can pretend you don't know how to answer this question if it helps your argument hold weight with you, but you aren't very convincing.

Just give me your opinion, that's all.

I can see we are not advancing.

Brady was going to succeed no matter where he landed, because he has the fire and drive to do so and worked relentlessly to perfect his game in and off season. Bellicheck is a good coach too and yes together there are synergies that were complimentary. Would they have been independently successful? I think Brady more than Belicheck, but its conjecture. All the coaches at this level are pretty good, relentless workahaulics and super detail oriented.

The Pats were incredibly lucky and not at all aware of what they had in the 6th round pick they stumbled in to. And yes I think Brady would be Canton bound in any number of different scenario's coaching, team and otherwise, maybe even buffalo, who may not have cycle through so many coaches had a franchise QB succeeded Kelly earlier.

You can't be serious. Did you say Brady wasn't that great his first few years? His completion percentage in his first full year was higher than his career average. Oh and he won a championship. Obviously QB's get better over time but your statement is ridiculous.

So exactly what is the "culture of Belichick" that developed him? BIll's whopping 36-44 head coaching record at Cleveland? His last season there and his first one in NE he went 5-11. And that was WITH pro bowl QB Drew Bledsoe. Man that culture was really something.

You said "Few other teams would have done anything with him". You mean throw him into the game because your franchise QB just sheared a blood vessel in his chest. Yeah that's real genius strategic planning. Here you go Tom, good luck.

Their defense was ranked 24th in the league that year too. What a culture. He's done a great job with the defense lately too, as you can tell by their bottom of the league rankings.

Yeah Brady didn't do anything. Its was all Kraft and Belichick.

Completion percentage is nice. And yes, the pats won the SB his first year. He threw for over 25 TDs (mediocre benchmark) twice in his first 6 years as a starter. He didn't cross 4000 yards until his 5th year starting. Solid numbers but not "great".

Countering your theme of selecting stats that seem to prop up your argument, in 2011 the pats offense was ranked 6th in points allowed--which is obviously all that mattered except in your fantasy league. In fact, the pats D has ranked in the top 10 in fewest points allowed in 8 of Brady's 11 seasons as a starter--including 5 out of his last 6.

I never said Brady didn't do anything. I said he benefitted from his association with BB. Are you going to claim he would have done just as well on the Bills during the past 11 seasons?

"you can't be serious".