League alters stadium bag policy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see it, the seat cushion ban is the biggest gaffe here. Seat cushions provide such a large impact with minimal inconvenience. Especially in wet conditions, keeps your butt dry.

I'm not a big seat cushion guy (hate carrying stuff), but when the entire upper deck seating still consists of metal benches in a cold weather city, I tend to agree with this.

I am upset with the seat cushion ban. I have a serious back problem that needs a support. I can get all the doctors notes etc, but the policy doesn't seem to accomodate that. I think they are crossing the ADA (American Disabilities Act) line on that one, and somebody will straighten them up on that one. I will try nice first, though.

I renew my seasons annually after they expire so (long story, missed a season due to job situation and lost seniority so screw it) I end up moving a lot but this year I haven't renewed and this certainly doesn't make me run to the phone to call and order em. Games have become a pain to be honest. The lines suck, this doesn't make it any better by any stretch because everyone will just use the clear bags, still requiring handling by these rent-a-cops. The crowd seems to get worse and more annoying every year. $9 crap beers (in Boston a few years ago I got a Sam Adams for $7!). The NFL really just wants your money, they want to minimize anything you can "sneak" in so they can sell you more. This war and terror (aka: epic fail) has been used as a fear tactic to strip everyone of their rights and liberties even when we want to enjoy a football game on Sunday. The Culture of Fear is a alive and profitable. And I don't carry anything in, I'm just getting sick of the greedy NFL... from this to the desire to a team in London, it's all just a game of follow the money. I enjoy the Bills, but as I age, it becomes less important and less worth it, particularly when it becomes just like real life... a reminder of greed and control and loss of privacy. So I was 50/50 on seats this year, this drops it for me. And if games don't sell out, and they won't, I'm OK with it. I no longer feel obligated to support this team or league and I think that sentiment is becoming pervasive among many fans who find it easier to watch the league at home, even if your team isn't on or is blacked out. I hope the feds step in and end some of the perks the NFL gets, like the blackouts that rob taxpayers who support these stadia from seeing games because they can't afford a seat... or in strong markets (ie not Bflo) can't get a seat.

You have no rights in an NFL venue, they can do just about anything they want- you make a choice to buy a ticket and go in... if you don't like, like I don't stay home or go to a sports bar to watch the game (I guess unless you are blacked out)....

I am upset with the seat cushion ban. I have a serious back problem that needs a support. I can get all the doctors notes etc, but the policy doesn't seem to accomodate that. I think they are crossing the ADA (American Disabilities Act) line on that one, and somebody will straighten them up on that one. I will try nice first, though.

I got a back problem too. It's called No azz er lack of padding of the gluteus maximus!

http://www.nfl.com/allclear#question13

If I have certain items that I need to bring into the stadium for medical reasons and they won’t fit in the clear bag, what do I do?

There will be a separate entrance to allow screening of these bags and medically necessary items.

The NFL has explained that seat cushions are prohibited because of the possibility that they will be used to conceal an explosive device.

Yeah, because no person with a functioning brain can FEEL/SQUEEZE a seat cushion (in about 5 secs) to see that it is indeed FULL of FOAM, and not filled with C4, wires, etc. What a$$es the NFL "brain trust" are.

Also, I'm sure it's "for our own good", same story as the NSA reading your e-mails & listening to your phone calls & monitoring your social messages. LOL

And if games don't sell out, and they won't, I'm OK with it. I no longer feel obligated to support this team or league and I think that sentiment is becoming pervasive among many fans who find it easier to watch the league at home, even if your team isn't on or is blacked out. I hope the feds step in and end some of the perks the NFL gets, like the blackouts that rob taxpayers who support these stadia from seeing games because they can't afford a seat... or in strong markets (ie not Bflo) can't get a seat.

It's not just football. Major pro sports have all become very, very expensive, as well as a PITA (traffic, parking, high prices for food/drink, unruly/dickhead fans, etc). Have you watched any NASCAR races lately and seen the LOADS of empty seats when they go to the blimp shot?

Can you imagine killing yourself to show displeasure in your team?

Now there's a true fan.

No a true fan puts bag over head of one of the drunk assh0les and goes to court and proves it is justifiable homicide.

Sorry I do not have that much guts.

This sucks. I wonder if they took cold weather teams into consideration. I have worn cold weather clothes before that had to be taken off as well as extra blankets and hats I didn't wear but glad I had with me. So much for always being a boy scout and going to the game "being prepared".

It's not just football. Major pro sports have all become very, very expensive, as well as a PITA (traffic, parking, high prices for food/drink, unruly/dickhead fans, etc). Have you watched any NASCAR races lately and seen the LOADS of empty seats when they go to the blimp shot?

Empty seats at Nascar events is because the races have become boring. Unlike the NFL, @ a Nacar event you can bring in a cooler and your own food, seat cushion, and when you have run out of supplies, you can get a gate pass for reentry after you restocked at your car. I have only seen one fight at a NASCAR event. At the Ralph, I have lost track!

Empty seats at Nascar events is because the races have become boring. Unlike the NFL, @ a Nacar event you can bring in a cooler and your own food, seat cushion, and when you have run out of supplies, you can get a gate pass for reentry after you restocked at your car. I have only seen one fight at a NASCAR event. At the Ralph, I have lost track!

So choice is between boring and fights......