Bush More Popular Than Obama

If only McCain hadn't picked Palin Obama wouldn't have seen the office.

Pretty sure the economy falling off a cliff had more to do with that election than Palin...

Edited by SameOldBills

Pretty sure the economy falling off a cliff had more to do with that election than Palin...

Agree. No Republican could have won the '08 election. Bush left under terrible economic conditions and spent 8 years managing wars. His presidency was among the least productive ever IMO. He didn't address debt, deficit (spending) or immigration. Of course he had no help from the House or Senate.

Hilary remains bitter I'm sure as this election was a sure thing for whoever was the Democrat nominee.

Both Obama and Bush deserve to have toilet numbers in terms of approval rating but in true American fashion, party loyalty and cluelessness among voters trumps common sense and math.

One thing's for sure, this country desperately needs a President with a no bull leadership style, a capable administration of high integrity and an agenda built on mostly conservative values. Simpleton tax and spend Liberals can't fix anything.

One thing's for sure, this country desperately needs a President with a no bull leadership style, a capable administration of high integrity and an agenda built on mostly conservative values. Simpleton tax and spend Liberals can't fix anything.

Vote for me and you get most of that, plus the added entertainment of watching me call Congress "idiots" and "morons" in my State of the Union addresses. :w00t:

Jebus, your approval rating would be absolute dog****! No finesse.

Damn, I spent the time to open this thread and find it's just some godless nothing sputing schit? Maybe I need NSA to do some prescouting for me?

Vote for me and you get most of that, plus the added entertainment of watching me call Congress "idiots" and "morons" in my State of the Union addresses. :w00t:

you've got my vote, especially if as president, you are also your own secretary of state.

Jebus, your approval rating would be absolute dog****! No finesse.

didn't McCain call it 'straight talk'?

you've got my vote, especially if as president, you are also your own secretary of state.

I thought I'd make JtSP Secretary of State. Birddog at HHS. ...lybob at HUD, EII at Education, and conner can be the White House chief of staff.

But GG for Treasury, and Darin for DoD. Because you never go full retard.

Agree. No Republican could have won the '08 election. Bush left under terrible economic conditions and spent 8 years managing wars. His presidency was among the least productive ever IMO. He didn't address debt, deficit (spending) or immigration. Of course he had no help from the House or Senate.

Hilary remains bitter I'm sure as this election was a sure thing for whoever was the Democrat nominee.

Both Obama and Bush deserve to have toilet numbers in terms of approval rating but in true American fashion, party loyalty and cluelessness among voters trumps common sense and math.

I thought that Palin was the nail in the coffin that secured the office for Obama. The republican party tried to steal all of the Hillary votes by adding her and she was a complete moron. McCain had the war hero angle to grab the older generation, had the straight shooter reputation to grab the middle class, and had you know experience as a politician at the highest levels. Obama had the younger generation that for the first time threw an f-you to the establishment (and actually voted) and the "minority" vote that he carried. I know anti-Bush sentiment was strong but even McCain supporters couldn't bring themselves to vote for Palin.

Damn, I spent the time to open this thread and find it's just some godless nothing sputing schit? Maybe I need NSA to do some prescouting for me?

I really got under your skin lately, huh? How's your "I'm not just another partisan lemming" list coming??? :lol:

Sorry to have wasted you obviously valuable time.

didn't McCain call it 'straight talk'?

How'd that work out for him?

I really got under your skin lately, huh? How's your "I'm not just another partisan lemming" list coming??? :lol:

Sorry to have wasted you obviously valuable time.

Was I working on that as a list? My memory just isn't what it used to be. Anyway, just so you know, I'm keeping you in my prayers. :devil:

in the long run, pretty well.....he has a hell of a lot less people that hate him as a senator than would hate him if he had won the election. that's got to count for something, right?

The perils of grandstanding:

Judge: Obama sex assault comments ‘unlawful command influence.’

Two defendants in military sexual assault cases cannot be punitively discharged, if found guilty, because of “unlawful command influence” derived from comments made by President Barack Obama, a judge ruled in a Hawaii military court this week.

Navy Judge Cmdr. Marcus Fulton ruled during pretrial hearings in two sexual assault cases — U.S. vs. Johnson and U.S. vs. Fuentes — that comments made by Obama as commander in chief would unduly influence any potential sentencing, according to a court documents obtained by Stars and Stripes.

On Wednesday and Thursday, Fulton approved the pretrial defense motions, which used as evidence comments that Obama made about sexual assault at a May 7 news conference.

“The bottom line is: I have no tolerance for this,” Obama said, according to an NBC News story submitted as evidence by defense attorneys in the sexual assault cases.

‘I expect consequences,” Obama added. “So I don’t just want more speeches or awareness programs or training, but ultimately folks look the other way. If we find out somebody’s engaging in this, they’ve got to be held accountable — prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged. Period.”

The judge’s pretrial ruling means that if either defendant is found guilty, whether by a jury or a military judge, they cannot receive a bad conduct discharge or a dishonorable discharge.

So what about his comments on the Zimmerman trial? . . .

UPDATE: Yes, yes, I know that there’s no such thing as unlawful command influence in the civilian legal system. I’m just noting his tendency to politicize criminal cases.

ANOTHER UPDATE: A reader emails:

Isn’t it interesting that here, in a case in which he is in the chain of command, he spoke out forcefully and, evidently, too pointedly. Contrast that with the Gosnell case, in which he had no part in the executive hierarchy but dodged answering questions with the invented excuse, “I can’t comment on it because it’s an active trial.”

I’m a Fed, so please don’t use my name.

Yes, consistency is not his strong suit. But, to be fair, no one has ever really demanded it of him.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/170774/

Should we expect threads supporting Chris Christie going forward?

Or, did I read too much into this?

Edit: It's just a question. Due to the recent level of reading comprehension on display here, I deem it necessary to clarify that this question does not equal "OCinBuffalo supports/doesn't Chris Christie". I don't want to be reading that I am a Christie Lover/Hater, or that I was wrong about him, a year from now, because I asked a F'ing question, or correctly identified a set of characteristics that would seem to exclude all others but him.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Edit: It's just a question. Due to the recent level of reading comprehension on display here, I deem it necessary to clarify that this question does not equal "OCinBuffalo supports/doesn't Chris Christie". I don't want to be reading that I am a Christie Lover/Hater, or that I was wrong about him, a year from now, because I asked a F'ing question, or correctly identified a set of characteristics that would seem to exclude all others but him.

So you're completely ambivalent about Christie. Nice to see you don't care about our nation's leadership.

So you're completely ambivalent about Christie. Nice to see you don't care about our nation's leadership.

:lol:

Nice. But, given the reading comprehension problem: you do realize that this is going to fly right over the heads of many here, right?

I'd be happy with Christie as the next president but it's too soon for me to narrow down to a single choice. No doubt though that he has ruffled Republican and Conservative feathers since October of last year. There are others I'd prefer to him, one of which is Jim Demint who's probably not running.

Obama will have soaring popularity numbers among the liberal crowd and low information voters after he leaves office IMO, and he'll be everywhere to feed his craving for attention.