The Feds are collecting all Verizon Phone Call Records

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy has gonads, and is doing what he feels is right for the country.

The British newspaper has identified the source as 29-year-old Edward Snowden, who worked for defense contractor Booz Allen Hamilton and was a former technical assistant for the CIA.

The Washington Post followed the Guardian announcement by saying Snowden was the source for its surveillance stories that followed.

Snowden told The Post from Hong Kong, where he has been staying, that he now intends to ask for asylum from "any countries that believe in free speech and oppose the victimization of global privacy.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2VlRuzhtZ

He actually sounds like kind-of an idiot. A disillusioned idealist, who substituted one pollyanna vision for another. Still took guts, though.

And the true irony is that, if the NSA's programs were truly invasive or any good, he'd never have made it to Hong Kong. He'd have been arrested the moment he leaked anything, as the NSA would have picked it up.

He actually sounds like kind-of an idiot. A disillusioned idealist, who substituted one pollyanna vision for another. Still took guts, though.

And the true irony is that, if the NSA's programs were truly invasive or any good, he'd never have made it to Hong Kong. He'd have been arrested the moment he leaked anything, as the NSA would have picked it up.

That and just like the gov works - it will all be too late by the time they piece the information together. In hindsight the government will have every piece of information to figure it out - in foresight they will not see the two ton brick headed right at them. In hindsight - of course, the best part will be, when the politicians get their mitts on the scapegoat to throw under the bus.

Snowden told The Post from Hong Kong, where he has been staying, that he now intends to ask for asylum from "any countries that believe in free speech and oppose the victimization of global privacy.”

I wonder if that includes the Chinese government, since he's right there and all...

So.... are you calling him a traitor instead of a whistleblower?

And "everything he knows" huh? You really think the Chinese need pointers on how to eavesdrop on and suppress it's people?

I'm not calling him anything. And if I'm the Chinese, of course I want to question him on how everything works. They already know how to spy on their own people, now they'll want to know how to keep the US from spying on them.

Dianne Feinstein:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) [...] called the program "the most significant thing I have heard in my 12 years" in the Senate and suggested that the president may have broken the law by authorizing surveillance without proper warrants.

"How can I go out, how can any member of this body go out, and say that under the Patriot Act we protect the rights of American citizens if, in fact, the president is not going to be bound by the law?" she asked.

Also Dianne Feinstein:

Senator Dianne Feinstein, [...] a defender of the phone and Internet surveillance programs that have come into public view in recent days, said on Sunday that she would consider holding hearings about them.

“I’m open to doing a hearing every month, if that’s necessary,” she said on the ABC program “This Week.”

But, she added: “Here’s the rub: The instances where this has produced good — has disrupted plots, prevented terrorist attacks, is all classified, that’s what’s so hard about this.”

Take one goddamn guess which is from 2005, and which is from 2013.

Edited by DC Tom

"The former technical assistant at the CIA, who had been working at the NSA as an employee of contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, said he had become disenchanted with President Barack Obama. Snowden said that Obama had continued the overly intrusive surveillance policies of George W. Bush, Obama's predecessor."

He is spot on. Should have been nipped in the bud years ago.

"The former technical assistant at the CIA, who had been working at the NSA as an employee of contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, said he had become disenchanted with President Barack Obama. Snowden said that Obama had continued the overly intrusive surveillance policies of George W. Bush, Obama's predecessor."

He is spot on. Should have been nipped in the bud years ago.

Help me out here again. Is it ok here to quote something without linking it?

Chicago Trib. What are you the board copywrite police now?

What are you talking about? I just was asking for your help. Most boards frown on quoting someone or something without providing a link. If it's ok to do that here then that's one thing, but if it isn't, that's another thing. I'd be curious to see what was left out of that article.

What are you talking about? I just was asking for your help. Most boards frown on quoting someone or something without providing a link. If it's ok to do that here then that's one thing, but if it isn't, that's another thing. I'd be curious to see what was left out of that article.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/chi-edward-snowden-nsa-leaks-20130610/

Now you are almost getting as squirrley as that poster 3rdnlng (that is long not inning)

Now you are almost getting as squirrley as that poster 3rdnlng (that is long not inning)

It's obvious that it's 3rdandlong, it doesn't even look like 3rdinning. Why would you insult my intelligence? Any idiot can see that! If 3rdnlng is squirrley I'll take care of him. My brother says he regularily kicks his ass, along with some idiots named OC and AC.

It's obvious that it's 3rdandlong, it doesn't even look like 3rdinning. Why would you insult my intelligence? Any idiot can see that! If 3rdnlng is squirrley I'll take care of him. My brother says he regularily kicks his ass, along with some idiots named OC and AC.

Hey, fine with me... LoL Just watch those squirrels.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/chi-edward-snowden-nsa-leaks-20130610/'>http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/chi-edward-snowden-nsa-leaks-20130610/

Now who is butt hurt? Why bring my name into your retard fight?

And your link does suck.

Don't run him off just yet. This could be entertaining.

I'd love to see a brawl between Pasta Joe and Pizza Joe.

Let's call Pasta Joe.

HILLARY!!!

Edited by meazza