[OT] Will some gun owners never learn?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mark had an old .22 rifle in back of one of the closets and the kids found it and took it out," Clark said.

If you're gonna have guns in the house, buy a gun safe. Also teach your children about gun safety. My father did both of these.

If you're gonna have guns in the house, buy a gun safe. Also teach your children about gun safety. My father did both of these.

201546[/snapback]

Or at least get a gun lock. They give these out FREE in the lobbies of police departments. You just walk right in, look around or ask, and take some. They won't even arrest you for it.

Idiots like this who give responsible gun owners a bad name, and give gun-grabbers (from both parties now...) a talking point.

But then again, if you need it for "self defense", having it unloaded won't do much good, now will it?

:w00t:

201574[/snapback]

Honestly, how many of us live somewhere where it is prudent to keep a loaded fire arm handy? And sure, sh-- happens everywhere, but the chance of you needing that loaded firearm vs. the chance your kid will find it? It's just not worth it. :w00t:

Honestly, how many of us live somewhere where it is prudent to keep a loaded fire arm handy?  And sure, sh-- happens everywhere, but the chance of you needing that loaded firearm vs. the chance your kid will find it?  It's just not worth it.  :w00t:

201605[/snapback]

I agree 100%, but just give this thread a while, and the gun nuts will give you some funny stats of how many people's lives have been saved by guns...

"Their father is Deputy District Attorney Mark A. Sacha."

when they say "teen" is he 13 or 16?

sad stuff

rifles are diffrent than handguns. rifles are for hunting, handguns are for home protection.

why would you NOT have a rifle in a safe????

why would you leave it loaded, or keep the bullets out unlocked????

but a handgun in a safe with the bullets in another room in a locked place, just turns that hand gun in to an expensive paper weight....

so i dont know what to do about gun laws.... :w00t:

All for gun safety - I won't accept the handing over of a firearm unless the action is open and the muzzle is safely pointed, but some laws have unintended consequences.

Children pitchforked to death, below.

http://www.tsra.com/Lott26.htm

201618[/snapback]

Oh, come on, how often does THAT happen?!?! And who's to say that if the father's gun didn't have a lock on it, one of the kids wouldn't have already shot someone with it.

I'm all for the right to bear arms, but gun safety has to be first and foremost to those gun owners.

Oh, come on, how often does THAT happen?!?!  And who's to say that if the father's gun didn't have a lock on it, one of the kids wouldn't have already shot someone with it.

I'm all for the right to bear arms, but gun safety has to be first and foremost to those gun owners.

201647[/snapback]

Tens of thousands of crimes are prevented each year by people having tha ability to defend themselves.

If your concern is tragic, accidental death, support the reduction of the National speed limit to 20 mph. Much much larger saving of life.

Ban buckets of water. We have a kid's bike helmet law here. But more kids die simply walking on the pavement and falling down. Ban childhood walking.

I'm kind of torn on the issue of gun control.  On one hand I don't want to see the right to bear arms taken away, but on the other let's face it, a lot of people are too stupid to have a firearm.

201623[/snapback]

I am not torn at all. Responsible people should be allowed to own a gun.

I AM ignorant of proper gun handling and use, which is why I do not have one.

201657[/snapback]

In that case, isn't is safe to assume that EVERY single case where someone is killed accidentally with a gun involes an irresponsible gun handler?

Your idea is great, if only it was the way things are. Unfortunatly, not everyone who is ignorant of proper gun use refrains from buying one. And not every person that owns a gun is responsible. Oh, but they took a class, that's right... :doh: I took a full high school semester of driving class, as did thousands of others - good thing no one speeds or blows red lights.. :D

201657[/snapback]

Well that's my issue too. The rights of the responsible gun owners should not be taken away, but at the same time there are far too many IDIOTS that own guns and you see situations like this one because of it.

Tens of thousands of crimes are prevented each year by people having tha ability to defend themselves.

If your concern is tragic, accidental death, support the reduction of the National speed limit to 20 mph. Much much larger saving of life.

Ban buckets of water. We have a kid's bike helmet law here. But more kids die simply walking on the pavement and falling down. Ban childhood walking.

201656[/snapback]

Why is it a bad thing for a gun owner to store his weapons in a safe manner...in such a way that children are not able to gain access to them. Explain to me why THAT is so ridiculous.

And quite frankly, since you brought up the driving example...if I were to go out in my car and blow a redlight and kill someone because I was talking on my cell phone or chaning the CD, I would most certainly be charged with vehicular manslaughter. I didn't mean to kill someone, but I because I did I have to bear resonsibility for my actions. Just as a gun owner should bear responsibility for the use (by anyone) of his firearms.

I agree 100%, but just give this thread a while, and the gun nuts will give you some funny stats of how many people's lives have been saved by guns...

201611[/snapback]

Ah, so the stats are "funny" and the people who use them are "nuts" compared to your worldly opinion based on emotion.

Yesterday in America, over 200,000,000 guns (many of them loaded) didn't kill anyone.