When does training camp start?

KRT88

May be yet another thing taken away with bargain with NFLPA,

Coincidentally, found this quote in John Claytons mail bag this week.

Head coaches coming from college have an advantage dealing with the new limits on offseason preparation for their teams. The new offseason program must be wrapped up in nine weeks. Coaches have only 10 organized team activity days, a three-day rookie minicamp and a three-day mandatory veteran minicamp.

Plus, any new coach hired after the previous season is allowed to have a voluntary minicamp.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9334985/nfl-mailbag-ex-college-coaches-edge-shortened-offseason

This will be my 15th or 16th consecutive traing camp I will attend(I've lost track) but everyone of them started in the same time period. For the Bills, it's always 6 weeks and 2 or 3 days before the first regular season game. So check the calender and work backwards. I don't know why they don't announce it when they publish the schedule because it never changes (unless they have the hall of fame game).

Can you give me the dates for the 1973 training camp?

Thanks.

Without googling it (great links, BTW), I vaguely recall it was later than usual as Rich Stadium was a little behind in final construction. I clearly recall you had to leave the day before the pre-season opener vs. Washington, if you wanted to be in your seat in time to see the opening kickoff returned for a TD -by the Skins..

Thank you for your service.

You're going to hell.

I'm laughing at work and no one knows why...I don't think I could even begin to explain it....I cherish you, my anonymous internet companions...