Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

Like I said, there are always ways around it. Most wouldn't bother. When crayonz/performer comes around with a fake ID, you block him. Not that hard. Instead of policing behavior, you police posters. Seems a much easier solution to raise the humanity.

Keep Jim in Anchorage from calling people faggots (maybe). Keep posters in this thread from saying defamatory things.

There's already a warning point system in place to do this that the Mods can make use of. There's always going to be a certain level of poor taste and inappropriate comments in a web forum.

If you're looking for "humanity", it's probably best to not look to a football oriented fan forum as your source.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often wonder if posters realize the people talked about read the threads. We all have the luxury of posting anonymously these hurtful things in a thread about his health.

I'm sure SDS has considered it, but I'd be all for the Facebook account posting here, meaning all posts go up with your name (as set in your Facebook account...no Facebook, no posting) attached. Could you still be an anonymous douche? I suppose. But maybe it would make people more human.

Probably stop the "hey Jim Kelly might have a health problem isn't that awful?" "Oh really, he's a drunk woman beating turd eating double murdering leech thief philanderer etc,"

Absolutely not. Some never have and will never have facebook accounts. Some CANNOT for their jobs do not allow it. In my case as most old timers know I used to post as G. Host which is actually my name but I changed it because someone at work (yes a Pats* fan) was making issues for me at work. This no longer applies but see no reason to change back now.

I hope Jim Kelly is doing well and hope someday the anonymous posters with personnel issues get their name and reputation dragged thru media and board mud some day.

This thread is really sad. Are there really so many self-centered and inconsiderate people on this board? TBD is far from a brotherhood of Bills fans. It's more like a meat grinder of cynics that attack and disparage at any opportunity. I wonder if you could actually start anything as a thread and not have disparaging or cynical comments show up as part of it.

This thread is really sad. Are there really so many self-centered and inconsiderate people on this board? TBD is far from a brotherhood of Bills fans. It's more like a meat grinder of cynics that attack and disparage at any opportunity. I wonder if you could actually start anything as a thread and not have disparaging or cynical comments show up as part of it.

It's very sad, Vince. Once I see a thread deteriorate I just try to ignore it. Some people are just miserable and some do it for attention.

Well, much as in life, the aholes are a vast minority on this thread.

I have to agree with most of the recent posts, there is not a thing in the world that can be posted about on this board that would not turn negative at one point.

'Get well Jim' turns in to 'Jim's a woman beater' in this thread.

'Marone gets in Rogers ear' turns in to 'Marone puts on show for attention' in another after Marone spoke to Da'Rick for showing up a team mate.

I am an optimist by nature, and I can't imagine what it's like to be so negative.

He's not an ass. Jim Kelly is a loud mouth jerk who should move on with his life.

You know, I've met Jim three times. The first, back about '86, he was a loud-mouthed jerk.

The second, about '94, he was polite, but standoffish.

The third, in 2000, he was friendly and downright humble.

People do change and grow. Maybe not YOU...

Like I said, there are always ways around it. Most wouldn't bother. When crayonz/performer comes around with a fake ID, you block him. Not that hard. Instead of policing behavior, you police posters. Seems a much easier solution to raise the humanity.

Your suggestion of course is not foolproof but certainly the spirit and intent is a good one.

I hope Jim Kelly is doing well and hope someday the anonymous posters with personnel issues get their name and reputation dragged thru media and board mud some day.

I would settle for them growing up and having some perspective and a sense of fairness.

This whole JK thing is a very sad commentary regarding Bills fans!!!

And with some of the posters you know what to expect from them.

Well, much as in life, the aholes are a vast minority on this thread.

This is true. One bad apple (or a few in this case)…

Anyways, hope Jimbo is gonna be alright.