Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

I hope the guy is OK, but please stop with the "he is the greatest" comments. If you were unlucky enough to run into "Jimbo" at a bar in his playing days you would realize how much of a jerk he was. His post career has been a complete mess. Take a look at the success of other past QBs that were his contemporaries. Obviously Marino and Elway had more brains than Jimbo. His whole ownership thing with the Bills is a complete joke. Hope the best for his health, but please just fade away and find something to do other than the Bills. Bruce Smith did it right-just go away.

The only time I have been around Jim Kelly was at a wedding reception a few years ago. The guests were very respectful of his privacy and only a few people approached him the whole night. At the end of the evening I crossed paths with him -- as we were both helping to carry wedding presents to the bride's and groom's van. Seemed like a very nice guy, especially considering the groom was a friend of his brothers and he still made time to attend. Personally, I'll never tire of seeing him involved with the Bills.

Edited by MichFan

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you wouldn't like for Jim to fiind a new buyer to keep the Bills in Buffalo ??

I'd prefer an owner independent of Jim decide that. I'm still a bit hazy on what he brings to a group, or why he's away someone into either purchase or staying.

So you wouldn't like for Jim to fiind a new buyer to keep the Bills in Buffalo ??

Please explain why people think that jim kelly's presence has anything to do with new owners buying the Bills and keeping them in WNY? If someone is willing to take the risk and buy the Bills and keep them in this small market its not going to have anything to do with Jim Kelly. SAeems like he is just interested in getting a position with the team like John Elway has with Denver.

Frank Reich was a true role model and a man of God. While Kelly was out choking women in bars Reich was a great team mate and man.

So your opinion of Kelly is based on something that happened 25 years ago? And you leave no room for him to have matured, changed, improved as a man?

Boy, you really are something aren't you?

Please explain why people think that jim kelly's presence has anything to do with new owners buying the Bills and keeping them in WNY? If someone is willing to take the risk and buy the Bills and keep them in this small market its not going to have anything to do with Jim Kelly. SAeems like he is just interested in getting a position with the team like John Elway has with Denver.

You were the one that mentioned his "ownership thing"...doesn't exactly give you room to chastise someone else for responding to it.

Thanks, but why the hatred? Again, just posting my opinion, isn't that allowed?

Sure it's allowed...and if your opinion exposes you as an ass, expect to be called out on it.

Frank Reich was a true role model and a man of God. While Kelly was out choking women in bars Reich was a great team mate and man.

Please. You've never choked a woman?

But seriously, comparing Kelly to Reich is like apples and oranges. We know at that point of their lives they represented two extreme opposite ends of the spectrum. Not a fair comparison.