Has anyone seen (or own) the Nike Elite jersey?

Has anyone on here seen or own a Nike Elite jersey ($250 retail)? I'm looking at a new jersey and want to know what its like with all the "paneling" and such that Nike touts. I've seen the Game ($100 retail) and the Limited ($135 retail) jerseys in stores, so i know what those are like, but have yet to see/feel/try on one of the Elite jerseys.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ramius

I THINK I've seen them. At least people have told me they are. But people lie, so I can't be sure they were real, or generics, or Chinese knockoffs.

I personally hate everything about them. The material, the patches.

I THINK I've seen them. At least people have told me they are. But people lie, so I can't be sure they were real, or generics, or Chinese knockoffs.

I personally hate everything about them. The material, the patches.

I feel the exact opposite. I have seen them once. I went to the preseason redskins game and this smoking hot girl had one on. She was telling me about it then her boyfriend came up and started problems. But from what I saw and felt(lol) it was very nice it has a lot more stretchy fabric(spandex?) than the reeboks did. Also they are more form fitting than the reeboks. In comparison to the cheaper models the material is much better just overall better quality and looks better

I feel the exact opposite. I have seen them once. I went to the preseason redskins game and this smoking hot girl had one on. She was telling me about it then her boyfriend came up and started problems. But from what I saw and felt(lol) it was very nice it has a lot more stretchy fabric(spandex?) than the reeboks did. Also they are more form fitting than the reeboks. In comparison to the cheaper models the material is much better just overall better quality and looks better

Pics??...of the smoking hot girl.

:)

Has anyone on here seen or own a Nike Elite jersey ($250 retail)? I'm looking at a new jersey and want to know what its like with all the "paneling" and such that Nike touts. I've seen the Game ($100 retail) and the Limited ($135 retail) jerseys in stores, so i know what those are like, but have yet to see/feel/try on one of the Elite jerseys. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I was curious about them so I bought one of the Chinese knockoffs. (Don’t care what some may think about that…not going to drop $250 or even $100 on a jersey that’s not made in this country but that’s a topic for a different thread) After I got it, I did some research to see how close to being accurate it really is. Comparing to what was on Nike’s website, it appears to be spot on with the way it’s tailored although I can’t vouch for the actual materials used having not seen the real deal in person. It does have the combo of panels and mesh and is made out of spandex type materials. FWIW, the Game version I also got with it is made out of the exact same materials as the one I compared it to side by side in a local store. From what I’ve heard and seen with the knockoffs, the materials are typically correct but the colors and sizing may not be.

So with all that being said, I’m not a fan of the Elite and like the Game version much better. Maybe it’s because the Game version looks more like every other jersey I’ve ever had. The Elite just don’t look right with regular clothes to me. The panel on the front kind of makes it look like your wearing a bib. Assuming you plan on buying the real deal, I would save your money and pass on the Elite…or at least wait until you can try one on to see what it looks like on you as opposed to buying one online.

Hope this helps.

I was curious about them so I bought one of the Chinese knockoffs. (Don’t care what some may think about that…not going to drop $250 or even $100 on a jersey that’s not made in this country but that’s a topic for a different thread) After I got it, I did some research to see how close to being accurate it really is. Comparing to what was on Nike’s website, it appears to be spot on with the way it’s tailored although I can’t vouch for the actual materials used having not seen the real deal in person. It does have the combo of panels and mesh and is made out of spandex type materials. FWIW, the Game version I also got with it is made out of the exact same materials as the one I compared it to side by side in a local store. From what I’ve heard and seen with the knockoffs, the materials are typically correct but the colors and sizing may not be.

So with all that being said, I’m not a fan of the Elite and like the Game version much better. Maybe it’s because the Game version looks more like every other jersey I’ve ever had. The Elite just don’t look right with regular clothes to me. The panel on the front kind of makes it look like your wearing a bib. Assuming you plan on buying the real deal, I would save your money and pass on the Elite…or at least wait until you can try one on to see what it looks like on you as opposed to buying one online.

Hope this helps.

Good advice. And the bolded has been discussed here in many, many threads before :)

Ramius -- my $.02, don't waste your money on an Elite. The "sweat patch" on the stomach is just not something the everyday fan needs. I think the Game versions are really sharp and well made.

I'm out of the jersey business since Nike took over. I bought a $100 Mario Jersey when they came out. I hate the way it fits and is tailored. I don't like the material either. The first 2 I got the numbers started coming off after one washing. I followed the instructions to the letter. I've traded those in and am now on number 3. I haven't washed it yet, but when I do if the numbers start to come off I'm going to just wear it anyway to show the world the crap product Nike is putting out.

And no way I'm going to spend $135 for sewn on numbers. The Reebock iron on number Flutie jersey I have still has numbers after probably 50 or so washings.

Nike is ruining football uniforms as we knew them.

IMHO of course.

I'm out of the jersey business since Nike took over. I bought a $100 Mario Jersey when they came out. I hate the way it fits and is tailored. I don't like the material either. The first 2 I got the numbers started coming off after one washing. I followed the instructions to the letter. I've traded those in and am now on number 3. I haven't washed it yet, but when I do if the numbers start to come off I'm going to just wear it anyway to show the world the crap product Nike is putting out.

And no way I'm going to spend $135 for sewn on numbers. The Reebock iron on number Flutie jersey I have still has numbers after probably 50 or so washings.

IMHO of course.

Funny you put it that way...I look at it differently. If I'm already spending $100, the differences between that jersey and the Game version are well worth an extra $35. It's not just the numbers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input! Check your PM.

Funny you put it that way...I look at it differently. If I'm already spending $100, the differences between that jersey and the Game version are well worth an extra $35. It's not just the numbers.

Thanks for the input eball. To me, the differences between the $100 and $135 are stark, especially when you have them side-by-side in the store.

Edited by Ramius

IMHO of course.

agree with you 100%