Players seem to be really taking to this new coaching staff and believ

Mario Williams called the new coaching staff "phenomenal".

Eric Wood said they "are great and really hands on."

Stevie Johnson said "He is so amped up to play in this offense he can't wait".

The players don't just seem to be just paying lip service to the new coaching staff, they seem to be genuinely excited and buying in 110%. IMHO, the new attitude, ideas and way this coaching staff is going about things is going to make the biggest adjustment in how they play on Sundays...the players are going to truly believe they are going to win games and not just hoping they don't get put in bad positions like last year.

I am really excited for this season to start. Marrone just seems to have a commanding presence about him that you are drawn to. He is the type of coach that players will want to run through a wall for and will never want to disappoint. When you have that kind of buy-in from players, you become much better than your talent level says you are...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine yourself standing in front of 80 plus grown men, more than half of which are just about millionares, all of whom have been playing football for just about their entire lives, and you're trying to talk motivation, excitement with them. You're trying to convince these guys that you want them all to be excited and upbeat while they go through their practices, and preparation for the season.

Now, there are a few ways these men can take what you're saying. They can think, "Who is this guy? He's trying to get me to act like I'm super psyched to go out and do what I've been doing since I was 7 years old!" It would seem like it COULD be a tough sell, trying to get everyone to actually SHOW excitement, once it's been asked of you.

Yet, there is a certain honesty that can break through the doubters, and the pessimists - the charm and appeal of football is that every year it's a clean slate, and every year it's a chance for these men to find a way to work together in such a way that they can defy the odds and make a run at a championship. If that is really what they all have as a goal, then that is the common ground to start on. And, if that is their collective goal, then it cannot be achieved in a single step - it's got to happen step by step, beginning in these OTA's, and carrying through till the end of the season. The mindset has to start NOW. If Marrone and Co. can get everyone on the same page and keep it that simple, they can get everyone to buy in, because there's no reason, in the end, for any of them to not give it a try.

The older guys know what it's like to lose, and they must feel as though opportunity might not knock again. And, the younger guys have no bad habits or contrary points of reference - which is another reason, I think, that the Bills are going so young - it's easier to get the young guys to buy into all of it.

Oh please...the players said the same things about Gailey, Williams, Mularkey, and Jauron... Can we wait until the games are played? Do you think Tom Brady will be scared or fooled by Rex Ryan's understudy? Will anyone fear an offense more simple than Florida State's which is run by a guy actually named Jimbo???

Look at last year's comments at this time. There were fools buying T-Shirts that read "Yes We Chan." 'Wanny" was considered the next coming. Than of course there was the signing of "Super Mario," the next Bruce Smith-he was going to make Brady have nightmares!! Instead he was contemplating suicide before a NE game.

Now we have this great college genius, the guy who sent shivers up and down the great Big East conference. Keep drinking the Kool Aid-Brandon has some easy marks in WNY.

Look at last year's comments at this time. There were fools buying T-Shirts that read "Yes We Chan." 'Wanny" was considered the next coming. Than of course there was the signing of "Super Mario," the next Bruce Smith-he was going to make Brady have nightmares!! Instead he was contemplating suicide before a NE game.

Now we have this great college genius, the guy who sent shivers up and down the great Big East conference. Keep drinking the Kool Aid-Brandon has some easy marks in WNY.

Obviously, this poster is overly enthusiastic, but I love how everything in 'brandon's marketing. The guy must be some sort of magical sailor marketer. He just hires someone and all of the sudden he's buying advertising declaring everything is fantastic.

So if whomever Russy hired was going to be kool-aid...then he should have hired no one? Your logic seems to be that of a woman going through menopause.

so is it wrong to be optimistic and support the team we love, and it's players, or just plain stupid? i'm confused, can you help me out here?

so is it wrong to be optimistic and support the team we love, and it's players, or just plain stupid? i'm confused, can you help me out here?

According to some, the only right way is to hate everything about the team, find something wrong with everything, get excited about nothing, and then talk down to the people that do get excited and have a positive outlook.

Edited by biglukes

Mario Williams called the new coaching staff "phenomenal".

Eric Wood said they "are great and really hands on."

Stevie Johnson said "He is so amped up to play in this offense he can't wait".

The players don't just seem to be just paying lip service to the new coaching staff, they seem to be genuinely excited and buying in 110%. IMHO, the new attitude, ideas and way this coaching staff is going about things is going to make the biggest adjustment in how they play on Sundays...the players are going to truly believe they are going to win games and not just hoping they don't get put in bad positions like last year.

I am really excited for this season to start. Marrone just seems to have a commanding presence about him that you are drawn to. He is the type of coach that players will want to run through a wall for and will never want to disappoint. When you have that kind of buy-in from players, you become much better than your talent level says you are...

believing might be one of the early steps. The guy marrone does have strong presence i feel and is more likely to hold players accountable than Gailey and Co were. i can see good things coming from him. in time. if we dont freak out and call for his head too soon

Just plain stupid.

Really...I've been hearing the same song and dance for 13 years. I'm tired. And I don't give a **** how well the coaches coach in the off-season. So just shut up and show me the !@#$ing baby.

Edit: In fact...put that on a damn t-shirt. "Buffalo Bills 2013-2014: Shut up and show me the baby." I bet it'll sell.

Edited by DC Tom

Just plain stupid.

Really...I've been hearing the same song and dance for 13 years. I'm tired. And I don't give a **** how well the coaches coach in the off-season. So just shut up and show me the !@#$ing baby.

Edit: In fact...put that on a damn t-shirt. "Buffalo Bills 2013-2014: Shut up and show me the baby." I bet it'll sell.

And I suppose this entitles you and those like you to to pee on on everyone else's corn flakes. I fart in your general direction! Put that on a T-shirt!

Edited by BuffaloBob

And I suppose this entitles you and those like to to pee on on everyone else's corn flakes. I fart in your general direction! Put that on a T-shirt!

No. It does entitle me to gleefully chortle at you, though. :devil:

Mostly, I marvel at how people can hear the SAME thing every year for more than a decade, but think "Oh, but this time it's different." It's not any sense of superiority that motivates my snickering, as much as a sense of wonder at the vaguely delusional annual triumph of hope over any remotely sane reckoning of reality.

Yes. You shouldn't love a football team because they're named for your hometown and thus rob all their residents.

And every player is filled with hope in the offseason. This means nothing.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix