Players seem to be really taking to this new coaching staff and believ

I don't know if the players are just blowing smoke. I don't think however, that what is going on with this franchise is the same old same old. The most significant event is Ralph Wilson giving up control. I am not trying to disparage Wilson. He played an important role in the formation and continuation of the NFL. Ralph Wilson was never considered to be a good owner, until Bill Polian came along and I'm not trying to toot Polian's horn. Polian did manage to get himself fired. He also managed to put together the right players and coaches to win. Ralph Wilson decisions pre Polian and post Polian were not good. It was a parade of bad hires. I've said this before, if Ralph were in charge Nix would still be the GM and Lovie Smith would be the coach, because that is his M. O.

I have no idea if Doug Whaley will be a good GM. I have no idea if Doug Marrone can be a good head coach in the NFL. I am however more optimistic about these guys and the rest of the staff than I ever was about Nix, Gailey or Levi, Jauron or Donahoe and anybody. I just think this is different, maybe the players do too.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stupid. Is it your contention that the people of Boston, from 1919 till 2003, were easily gullible? Sports fans everywhere are the same. They want to feel good about their team. It's got nothing whatsoever to do with "the people of Buffalo".

Why stop at 2003? They think the Patriots don't cheat, and the refs are out to screw them. My contention is that they're still easily gullible.

Thanks DC. You made my point for me. Fans of clubs that don't win are the same everywhere. It's not, as some posters would make it out to be, the "gullible people of Buffalo".

The people of Boston had good reason to be gullible. Their pay roll was among the highest in the league and typically had one of the best rosters in the league. Can you say the same for the Bills?

This comparison is stupid.

If that comparison isn't convenient for you, how about Chicago baseball fans? Or Clippers fans? Or countless other fans of countless other teams that have struggled? All gullible?

There has been a significant shift in thinking and action around the Bills FO towards the end of last season when the wheels had fallen off Chan was pouting and tempers were high among the fan base. And i can well imagine, much farther up the flagpole than just us.

These new guys came out of the gate with a plan and are executing. For better or worse i dont think many can deny this is a different feel .

I do agree we just dont know till the games are played and then how quickly the coaching staff learns and " adjusts " to adversity.

But because i am fan , gullible or whatever , i am stoked about not only What has been happening but the details of How.

We shall see if it translates to the players .

Oh yes. of course..

Go Bills !

There has been a significant shift in thinking and action around the Bills FO towards the end of last season when the wheels had fallen off Chan was pouting and tempers were high among the fan base. And i can well imagine, much farther up the flagpole than just us.

These new guys came out of the gate with a plan and are executing. For better or worse i dont think many can deny this is a different feel .

I do agree we just dont know till the games are played and then how quickly the coaching staff learns and " adjusts " to adversity.

But because i am fan , gullible or whatever , i am stoked about not only What has been happening but the details of How.

We shall see if it translates to the players .

Oh yes. of course..

Go Bills !

if nothing else, the players and coaches are all excited, as they should be. the last month or so of last season was brutal to listen to any of the players speak, most notably chan and fitz. they had to feel like the end was closing in on them rapidly and both sounded utterly defeated. i felt really bad for them as both seemed like solid human beings and i wished them success, but it wasn't to be. so now, as an optimistic bills fan, i am fully on board with everything going on. but the excitement and philosophical direction around OBD feels much different than the past couple regime changes. maybe it is because there was a pretty thorough shake up from top to bottom, and with a lot of the players, coaches, and even the gm, we have not seen them fail. any way you look at it, hope is not a bad thing, and certainly nothing that we should be ashamed of.

if nothing else, the players and coaches are all excited, as they should be. the last month or so of last season was brutal to listen to any of the players speak, most notably chan and fitz. they had to feel like the end was closing in on them rapidly and both sounded utterly defeated. i felt really bad for them as both seemed like solid human beings and i wished them success, but it wasn't to be. so now, as an optimistic bills fan, i am fully on board with everything going on. but the excitement and philosophical direction around OBD feels much different than the past couple regime changes. maybe it is because there was a pretty thorough shake up from top to bottom, and with a lot of the players, coaches, and even the gm, we have not seen them fail. any way you look at it, hope is not a bad thing, and certainly nothing that we should be ashamed of.

Well stated .

I recall when they released Donald Jones and that other guy. .

We had No recievers left. A "what the heck" moment for me. As it turns out they had a plan.

Then Joe D the O line coach not staying on bothered me

A move like letting Levitre walk mighta been smart ? and Sheppard for Hughes ?? or resigning McKelvinator for some #2 ???cash are on my wait and see list

I am looking forward to how these moves or NOT moves pan out

Well stated .

I recall when they released Donald Jones and that other guy. .

We had No recievers left. A "what the heck" moment for me. As it turns out they had a plan.

Then Joe D the O line coach not staying on bothered me

A move like letting Levitre walk mighta been smart ? and Sheppard for Hughes ?? or resigning McKelvinator for some #2 ???cash are on my wait and see list

I am looking forward to how these moves or NOT moves pan out

i was a bit puzzled with the nelson and jones non moves for a moment, then i thought about it, and it seemed that they were a couple udfas that did ok in their roles. but this staff seemingly wanted more than that, or at least different. and now that we've seen the players they brought in from the draft (and rogers) they seem to be going after players with a bit higher upside. bigger risk maybe, but definitely more upside.

as far as letting levitre walk, it was just a matter of value. he is a solid vet that you can count on, a good player, but i don't think he was elite. nor do i think that the staff values the guard position as a position that merits spending that kind of money (he did get borderline ridiculous money).

and i thought coach d did a really good job and would have wanted to see him come back, but i also understand the new coach wanting to fill out his staff with his own guys. also, coach marrone being a former o lineman and o line coach eased my worries over that a bit.

shep for hughes...i see that as two teams swapping guys that were not ideal fits for their clubs and trying a change of scenery.

i am also very anxious to see how this all plays out.

Edited by swnybillsfan