Sanchez throws three picks in OTA, Rex not happy

Rubes

I simply said he has historically done well against the Bills. He has. And they're beaten us. A lot.

Sanchez has not done historically well against the Bills..... he has played great to above average in 3 strait games. The JETS as a whole have beaten us a lot in the past decade, but it has little to do with Sanchez. Pennington could have stayed and done just as well(assuming his shoulder didn't break yet again).

The numbers do not lie, Sanchez has not actually done that well against the Bills. He has had good games here and there but he has also had bad ones. His average is pedestrian at best. Again this is his average, this is what he has done in 7 starts, good and bad:

15/28 (53.5%)

181 yds

1.57 TDS

1.28 Int

What part of this screams "historically" good to you? And if you are going to say to throw out the fist game, you might as well throw out the best and worst performance in each stat and consider them flukes ie 4 TDs vs 0 TD and 266 yds vs 104. You know what, screw it, i'll do it for you:

yds

119/104/161/230/180/266/205

td

0/1/2/1/4/3/0

int

5/0/0/1/1/1/1

179 yds

1.4 TDs

.8 INT

This is only slightly better than before and still hard worth even mentioning. Numbers do not lie, Sanchez doesn't actually do much in his games against us.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-iterate ... I didn't say Sanchez beat the Bills. I said he performed at his best against the Bills, and generally did very well against the BIlls.

Regardless, bring on the wildcat and let's get back into the playoffs. Go Bills!

Do you know what the word reiterate means?

It doesn't mean say something ridiculous, and then spend 3 pages walking it back one step at time. :lol:

Look, you were off base, and now, you've scaled it back to "performed his best against the Bills". I don't think there's anything wrong with that statement.

Sanchez has not done historically well against the Bills..... he has played great to above average in 3 strait games. The JETS as a whole have beaten us a lot in the past decade, but it has little to do with Sanchez. Pennington could have stayed and done just as well(assuming his shoulder didn't break yet again).

The numbers do not lie, Sanchez has not actually done that well against the Bills. He has had good games here and there but he has also had bad ones. His average is pedestrian at best. Again this is his average, this is what he has done in 7 starts, good and bad:

15/28 (53.5%)

181 yds

1.57 TDS

1.28 Int

What part of this screams "historically" good to you? And if you are going to say to throw out the fist game, you might as well throw out the best and worst performance in each stat and consider them flukes ie 4 TDs vs 0 TD and 266 yds vs 104. You know what, screw it, i'll do it for you:

yds

119/104/161/230/180/266/205

td

0/1/2/1/4/3/0

int

5/0/0/1/1/1/1

179 yds

1.4 TDs

.8 INT

This is only slightly better than before and still hard worth even mentioning. Numbers do not lie, Sanchez doesn't actually do much in his games against us.

I would like to thank you for playing along and looking up all of these statistics. Sanchez sucks. He's only been decent a couple times against the Bills and the main reason the Jets even won the vast majority of their games the past 4 years is because of their run game and their defense.

You didn't think I was serious, did you?

Let's sit back now, and enjoy watching the Jets implode and enjoy it even more when Geno Smith ends up miraculously being worse than Dirty Sanchez.

Go Bills!!!!

Fitzpatrick couldn't even orchestrate a comeback against the friggin' Titans. He also had a great O-line, which Romo never has had. I would take Romo throwing left-handed over Fitzpatrick on his best day. Any given Sunday.

I actually agree with Fig here. I would take Romo over Fitz every day of the week. Sorry. Choke artist? Sure. Able to throw the ball a whole lot better? Hell yes he can.

I respectfully disagree. The Jets got to those AFC Championship games on Thomas Jones' legs and Mark Sanchez' arm and game management. Sure, Revis got a few turnovers, but he didn't put points on the board. You need points to win the game.

Absolute Troll

When Sanchez gets cut next offseason and floats around as a backup for a few years before finally retiring, maybe you'll understand how bad of a QB he is.

Fact of the matter is football isn't like the NBA where you can attribute a high percentage of wins and losses to the play of one or two players. Sanchez was an average QB who's gotten progressively worse, not coincidentally as the rest of the team has gotten worse.

It's ok to admit you're either trolling or wrong.

I would like to thank you for playing along and looking up all of these statistics. Sanchez sucks. He's only been decent a couple times against the Bills and the main reason the Jets even won the vast majority of their games the past 4 years is because of their run game and their defense.

You didn't think I was serious, did you?

Let's sit back now, and enjoy watching the Jets implode and enjoy it even more when Geno Smith ends up miraculously being worse than Dirty Sanchez.

Go Bills!!!!

Ha. You got me. Might as well made me click on that Peter Pan link! I'm taking a lap!

You know what, I think I am becoming a Sanchez fan. I want thim to start. I love when he starts against us because he plays awful, but this guy has been ground up, in the freezer, thawed, burned, trashed and left at the dumpster for Jack...and still he's in there. It makes you appreciate his athletic prowess.

You know what, I think I am becoming a Sanchez fan. I want thim to start. I love when he starts against us because he plays awful, but this guy has been ground up, in the freezer, thawed, burned, trashed and left at the dumpster for Jack...and still he's in there. It makes you appreciate his athletic prowess.

Plus they wasted a 5th overall draft pick on him, and the Jets GM gave him a 8+ million dollar guaranteed salary for this season or he would have already been a goner... just like Tebow. :lol:

Gotta love it that the Jets are this crappy with him at QB. They took a team that went to the AFC Championship game in 2009 with rookie Sanchez at QB, with 393 attempts passing vs 607 yards attempts rushing. Look at those numbers, over 200 more attempts rushing.

Then in 2010 in Sanchez's 2nd year they went 525 attempts passing vs 534 rushing, and again went to the AFC Championship game.

In 2011 they go 8-8 and totally forgot what got them into the playoffs the last two years. It wasn't the great QB play. It was a dominating defense and ball control by running the ball. 547 attempts passing vs 443 attempts rushing.

Changing the OC from a man who had called the offensive plays for the playoffs teams to a man who had never been an OC in ex Dolphin HC Tony Sparano in 2012 was very Jauronesque, and completely stupid. Not to mention the defense thoroughly fell on its face in 2011-2012 being 20th in points allowed both years.

The GM Mike Tannenbaum was a failure and fired at the end of the 2012 season, although he is still getting paid thru 2014.. :lol:

The new Jets GM John Idzik... http://www.usatoday....-idzik/2325085/

Edited by FeartheLosing

You're not serious, right? . . .

And thanks for stirring up the spirits and stoking the flames of the curse: We are still paying the price for not starting him in that play-off game. A curse that started on the last play of that game, and continues to this day. With the draft EJ, I thought maybe, just maybe, the supernatural forces had finally let it go. But no, you had to bring it up again with an inflammatory statement like "he is the armpit of NFL QBs and certainly not better than Sanchez," come on, have some common sense here, for the good of Bills-Nation, please!

Oh if only we let Flutie start a playoff game. Oh wait, we did.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1998/playoffs/news/1999/01/02/miami_buffalo/?mobile=no

PTR

Fact of the matter is football isn't like the NBA where you can attribute a high percentage of wins and losses to the play of one or two players.

You, sir, are a heretic and should be burned at the stake.

I'm sorry, but this guy's career is on lifeline, and all he will be remember for historically is BUTT FUMBLE.

We're not allowed to say things like that because apparently the Jets own us and therefore we have no right to anything but the highest respect for the Jets.