Bills over/under win total

6.5 ......man those vegas guys are good.

We have Miami and the jets in our division...and a supposedly easy schedule(altho u never know who is good from year to year).

We really look like a 6-10 or 7-9 team.

Big ??s 1.does darius show up? 2.EJ?? 3.Marrone?? 4.Mario??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, how can this be...you are talking about what may or may not happen when no games have been played? You generally don't decide who does or does not make the playoffs before games have been played. I mean that is the logic you have been trying to hammer home isn't it? :w00t: Priceless

Alpha, alpha. alpha...I'm just commenting on what I see, our past record, our inability to keep better players, and giving my best guess. I'm sure not saying that we'll win the superbowl or even that we will have gthe Defensive and Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Alpha, alpha. alpha...I'm just commenting on what I see, our past record, our inability to keep better players, and giving my best guess. I'm sure not saying that we'll win the superbowl or even that we will have gthe Defensive and Offensive Rookie of the Year.

The team's past record bears absolutely no relevance to this year's team. New coaching staff, new schemes on both sides of the ball, new QB -- it's like comparing apples to oranges. Personally, I don't know how anyone could reasonably project how this year's team will perform at this stage of the process.

The team's past record bears absolutely no relevance to this year's team. New coaching staff, new schemes on both sides of the ball, new QB -- it's like comparing apples to oranges. Personally, I don't know how anyone could reasonably project how this year's team will perform at this stage of the process.

I agree. I'm guessing, not predicting. My guess is based on the fact that we have one less starter on the offensive line, no proven second receiver, questionable special teams, arrokie quarterback, and a lot of rookies together with a poor linebacking corps and our major defensive star (Mario) seemingly recovering from an injury and more than a little unstable. Maybe the rookies are the offensive and defensive players of the year and will fill all of our needs and inspire the other 18 or so same starters as gave us so few wins last season into spectacular performances. I suspect that won't happen..but we can always hope.

According to Bovada Las Vegas the over/under win total for the Buffalo Bills is 6 1/2. Right about where I thought it would be and a difficult bet. Let's take off the homer glasses and have some good debate on over or under that number. I say that the beat (jets, dolphins, jags, panthers, a game that they shouldn't win, KC and Cincy)...I guess that I am taking 7-9

I think it's premature with FA players still available, and being pre-training camp yet, but with little going on no harm in trying to predict the upcoming season.

I think 5 wins is reasonable expectations giving all the change, new faces, and a lot of young players. I like what I hear, but haven't seen a darn thing yet! Go Bills....

that's the perfect line for them.

improved attacking defense.

improved QB play especially on long throws and mobility ( i'm assuming EJ Manuel will be starting)

much harder schedule.

equals 6-10

We have no idea what their schedule will be like until the season is actually at least half way thru...last year we were supposed to have one of the,easiest schedules but it turned out to be one of the harder ones...last season's records mean little to nothing in judging how a team will perform the following year

Not punting from the opponents 35 yard line should get us a few more wins. I think 9 and 7.

Not to change the subject but is there anything more frustrating for a fan (or more of a death sentence for a coach) than punting from the 30-35 yard line? I never see winning teams do that.

that's the perfect line for them.

improved attacking defense.

improved QB play especially on long throws and mobility ( i'm assuming EJ Manuel will be starting)

much harder schedule.

equals 6-10

You have the team improving on Defense and QB play and yet have them at the same tally as last season. Just doesn't add up. You can never predict on the next years schedule based on current standings as teams change dramatically.

Last year we played 6 games in the AFC East, we will be playing the same 6 games in 2013. We went 2-4 last season with wins against Jets and Dolphins. We are more likely to go 3-3 with split with every one or possibly winning both games against the Jets and losing both to the Pats.

2012 - Wins were against KC, Cleveland, Arizona, Jax and lost close games to Titans, Colts and Rams.

2013 - We have winnable games against Carolina, Cleveland, Bengals, KC, TBay, JAX

If they really improve their run defense and QB play, I could see them winning 8-9 games instead of 6 from last year and that would be progress as a result of the improvement in talent and execution.

I would like to take the over but it seems we may be relying on too many rookies to contribute right away.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious as to what number constitutes "too many." Pettine recently called Alonso the "most NFL-ready" LB he has ever coached. Similar things have been said of Robert Woods at WR. Along both lines the starters and rotation are veterans.

I believe if guys are coming from major college programs, the learning curve is much less steep than it used to be. The biggest question will be at QB. If Manuel starts, it will be because the staff believes he's ready (and he outplays Kolb at camp).

In any event, I'm not using the fact that several rookies will be in the lineup as evidence the win total will suffer -- since theoretically, those rookies are in there because they're better than the players they've replaced. It's all about how well the coaches get them prepared.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious as to what number constitutes "too many." Pettine recently called Alonso the "most NFL-ready" LB he has ever coached. Similar things have been said of Robert Woods at WR. Along both lines the starters and rotation are veterans.

I believe if guys are coming from major college programs, the learning curve is much less steep than it used to be. The biggest question will be at QB. If Manuel starts, it will be because the staff believes he's ready (and he outplays Kolb at camp).

In any event, I'm not using the fact that several rookies will be in the lineup as evidence the win total will suffer -- since theoretically, those rookies are in there because they're better than the players they've replaced. It's all about how well the coaches get them prepared.

I agree on the top picks . It's just that many rookies hit the so-called "wall" and are not used to the long season and maybe won't be as consistent as a 3-4 year vet. I love the moves and am very optimistic as usual but maybe more cautious this year.

Another thread was throwing around a number of 4.5 which seemed low to me.

This number seems much more realistic.

Still far to many unknowns to make any kind of an educated guess at this point. Including but not limited to:

- How much of the Jets D was due to Pettine and how much was Sexy Rexy.

- Who will be the starting QB. If EJ, how quick will he adjust to the NFL.

- How well will Marrone's offense, which quite frankly did not set the world on fire at Syracuse, translate to the NFL.

Anyone taking that bet now is either a gambler in every sense of the word, or is suffering from a kool-aid or negative-nancy overdose.

This year is a complete unknown, but with all the unknowns at Coach, QB, etc. you cannot expect more than 6 wins when you are in rebuilding mode (again).

This year is a complete unknown, but with all the unknowns at Coach, QB, etc. you cannot expect more than 6 wins when you are in rebuilding mode (again).

That is what they said about the Colts. However, if the ball bounces your way a little, you can end up with 11 wins. The key is having a QB whom the team believes.

You're equating unknown with lesser performance. What if unknown equals greater performance? I think we just all need to admit unknown = unknown, which is why it's pretty silly to be predicting win totals at this juncture.

Just based on last year, and our current roster of unknowns, my expectations are much lower than 6.5 wins.

BUT

If it truly was just bad coaching, and our current QBs turn the ball over less. Then 6+ wins might be a possibility. I'd really love to see a winning record for once, or even a playoff spot.