I'm glad now that we didn't sign Darrius Heyward-Bey

Or any other veterans that were capable to "take the top off of a defense". Nothing personal against him, I don't even know much about him really other than him getting cracked by the Steelers' Ryan Mundy. It's understandable that he could be apprehensive after that monster hit but I like what the Bills are trying to accomplish, going after tough minded fast guys like Marquise Goodwin and others like Da'rick Rogers. I for one is hoping that this is going to be a cultural change difference for us for years to come. Also I'd like to take this time to congratulate Doug Whaley on his new promotion. Could this be the beginning of exciting times to be a Bills' fan?! I sure hope so!

Go Bills!

When it comes to FA WRs history suggests that you are better off growing your own.

That guy Meachum that everyone was slobbering over last year will probably wind up getting cut in San Diego.

To be fair, he was always a bum

When it comes to FA WRs history suggests that you are better off growing your own.

That guy Meachum that everyone was slobbering over last year will probably wind up getting cut in San Diego.

I never understood what the Bills saw in him, outside of his speed. I'm glad San Diego came in and "stole" him away from them.

I never understood what the Bills saw in him, outside of his speed. I'm glad San Diego came in and "stole" him away from them.

Yeah and same for Jerome Simpson who may well be cut loose by Minny.

Will be interesting to see how the Finns make out this year.

Or any other veterans that were capable to "take the top off of a defense". Nothing personal against him, I don't even know much about him really other than him getting cracked by the Steelers' Ryan Mundy. It's understandable that he could be apprehensive after that monster hit but I like what the Bills are trying to accomplish, going after tough minded fast guys like Marquise Goodwin and others like Da'rick Rogers. I for one is hoping that this is going to be a cultural change difference for us for years to come. Also I'd like to take this time to congratulate Doug Whaley on his new promotion. Could this be the beginning of exciting times to be a Bills' fan?! I sure hope so!

Go Bills!

There is not a single WR of the 8 contenders for a WR slot on this team right now that I would trade straight up for DHB...seriously.

Stevie - Hell no

Woods - Hell no

Goodwin - Hell no

Graham - Hell no

Rogers - Hell no

Smith - No

Easley - No

Kaufman - No

I think every guy on this roster has more upside than DHB, even Easley and Kaufman. I am glad we didnt sign some scrub vet, we got some serious youth and speed through the draft and UDFA that can ball. I don't see any way we dont keep at least 6 WR's.

My 6 are (in no particular order): SJ, Woods, Goodwin, TJ, Rogers, Easley...with Brad Smith being a surprise cut and Kaufman being signed to the PS. Easley can play ST and is cheaper than Smith. Smith has a lot of speed, but so do our other guys and they are more natural route runners IMO than Smith and several will be cheaper options too. Not a lot of people have any faith in Easley, but the FO and staff made some nice comments about him early on this off season and I think he will be a surprise player at camp. He also fits the profile better than Smith of a being a bigger guy who can be open when he is not.

Either way, the first 5 guys are locks for this roster assuming none of them (I am talking to you Rogers) does something stupid to get cut. The final spot will be a battle for Easley, Smith, and Kaufman...I can honestly see any one of these 3 guys making it, but I think cost is what will be Smith's nail in the coffin here, especially since him having speed is no longer a commodity that lacks in the rest of the group.

I was legit concerned before the draft on the lack of wideouts on this team......I didn't want to even THINK of going into the season with Brad Smith as a contender for a starting spot......and Marcus Easley just cant stay healthy

Then we passed up on DHB even though it was pretty obvious Stevie and him were buddies.......

As it turns out the bills have their own plan. Let me preface this by saying I LOVE Stevie Johnson.....he is a legit good wide receiver......his routes are excellent...he makes plays. HOWEVER I truly believe that Robert Woods has a chance to overtake him as the number 1 option on this team.....he is basically Stevie Johnson with reliable hands all the time....RObert Woods does NOT drop passes.

The groin issues with Stevie have made it prudent that we need to start taking pressure off of him....and I think Stevie Johnson would be better served as the 1a to Robert Woods 1 on this team.

I really like what the bills have done

There is not a single WR of the 8 contenders for a WR slot on this team right now that I would trade straight up for DHB...seriously.

Stevie - Hell no

Woods - Hell no

Goodwin - Hell no

Graham - Hell no

Rogers - Hell no

Smith - No

Easley - No

Kaufman - No

I think every guy on this roster has more upside than DHB, even Easley and Kaufman. I am glad we didnt sign some scrub vet, we got some serious youth and speed through the draft and UDFA that can ball. I don't see any way we dont keep at least 6 WR's.

My 6 are (in no particular order): SJ, Woods, Goodwin, TJ, Rogers, Easley...with Brad Smith being a surprise cut and Kaufman being signed to the PS. Easley can play ST and is cheaper than Smith. Smith has a lot of speed, but so do our other guys and they are more natural route runners IMO than Smith and several will be cheaper options too. Not a lot of people have any faith in Easley, but the FO and staff made some nice comments about him early on this off season and I think he will be a surprise player at camp. He also fits the profile better than Smith of a being a bigger guy who can be open when he is not.

Either way, the first 5 guys are locks for this roster assuming none of them (I am talking to you Rogers) does something stupid to get cut. The final spot will be a battle for Easley, Smith, and Kaufman...I can honestly see any one of these 3 guys making it, but I think cost is what will be Smith's nail in the coffin here, especially since him having speed is no longer a commodity that lacks in the rest of the group.

C'mon, how can you say you wouldn't take DHB over Graham or Brad Smith. I'm iffy on Goodwin since we haven't seen what he can do but DHB is pretty much a more experienced version of him. Everyone is seriously undervaluing him right now. He's not a great wide receiver but he is a pretty solid speedster and probably around what Lee Evans was. I would take Stevie and Woods over him for sure as well as Rogers for now, but DHB is a better receiver than everyone else on the roster.

C'mon, how can you say you wouldn't take DHB over Graham or Brad Smith. I'm iffy on Goodwin since we haven't seen what he can do but DHB is pretty much a more experienced version of him. Everyone is seriously undervaluing him right now. He's not a great wide receiver but he is a pretty solid speedster and probably around what Lee Evans was. I would take Stevie and Woods over him for sure as well as Rogers for now, but DHB is a better receiver than everyone else on the roster.

It is TJ Grahams SECOND YEAR in the league for Christ sake.....why is everyone so down on him.

He was constantly open last year and had a QB that couldn't get him the ball

It is TJ Grahams SECOND YEAR in the league for Christ sake.....why is everyone so down on him.

I hope TJ is motivated to come out and play well. I did see him open a few times. I don't even think Fitz saw him, if he did, he rarely threw it his way.

WR will be the second most interesting position battle in camp. Chans o and the west coast o seem like they could be quite different. West coast WRs tend to run full speed to space where chans o was more like a basketball offense. Add in a stable of QBs that can hit deep and really every wr is starting at ground zero. It's also easy to understand why Nelson wouldn't fit into the new offense and was sent packing, even jones to a degree.

Dont be surprised if Stevie is not the most productive wr at years end.

Not down on him, I just think that DHB is a better wide receiver. I'd like to give Graham another two years to see how he plays out but right now I'd rather have DHB.

WR will be the second most interesting position battle in camp. Chans o and the west coast o seem like they could be quite different. West coast WRs tend to run full speed to space where chans o was more like a basketball offense. Add in a stable of QBs that can hit deep and really every wr is starting at ground zero. It's also easy to understand why Nelson wouldn't fit into the new offense and was sent packing, even jones to a degree.

Dont be surprised if Stevie is not the most productive wr at years end.

There is a misconception that Stevie is slow.....he and his 4.4 speed is not. What needs to improve though his is drops and key times.....

If that doesn't get fixed I see Robert Woods overtaking him quickly

Stevie - Hell no

Woods - Hell no

Goodwin - Hell no

Graham - Hell no

Rogers - Hell no

Smith - No

Easley - No

Kaufman - No

I'd trade Easley for DHB in a heartbeat. One could be a great #3 based on his actual production thus far. The other is making a living on promise and size for the fourth straight year. I respect you as a poster but don't get where you're coming from on this one. Easley love is really hilarious around here. It's not even like the guy has straight up owned a preseason. If I said that Troup is the next Warren Sapp just waiting for the opportunity people would rightly think I'm nuts.

I'm also very glad. Because DHB can't catch with his hands.

I would like to never hear Marcus Easley's name again, though. Has there ever been a player that's been hyped for so long despite doing absolutely nothing on a team with garbage WR depth his entire career.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix

I'm also very glad. Because DHB can't catch with his hands.

I would like to never hear Marcus Easley's name again, though. Has there ever been a player that's been hyped for so long despite doing absolutely nothing on a team with garbage WR depth his entire career.

It's amazing. Given the amount of scorn placed on players who have actually produced, the hopes placed upon Easley are really out of this world. I'd love to see him succeed and his health issues have been no joke, but he is definitely on his ninth life on a very sh--ty team, which is pretty rare.

It's amazing. Given the amount of scorn placed on players who have actually produced, the hopes placed upon Easley are really out of this world. I'd love to see him succeed and his health issues have been no joke, but he is definitely on his ninth life on a very sh--ty team, which is pretty rare.

When you're a one year wonder from powerhouse U-Conn, you never give up hope.