As Supported by the Buffalo BIlls No Open Containers of

some numbers, various sources:

Oct 10, 2011 - 23 + 5

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/Five-DWI-arrests-after-Bills-game

Dec 4, 2011 - 26

http://www2.erie.gov/sheriff/index.php?q=26-arrests-made-bills-game-sunday

Nov 4, 2008 - 37

http://privateofficernews.wordpress.com/2008/11/04/couple-charged-with-having-sex-at-buffalo-bills-game-wwwprivateofficercom/

Jan 5, 2010 - 216 for the season

http://privateofficernews.wordpress.com/tag/buffalo-bills/

as you can see, about 30 per game. high, but in no way would equals the combined total of all other games. that somewhat ludicrous sounding statement sounds like it was made as a hyperbole as a point to emphasize. regardless, it IS a pretty big problem at the Ralph, but in all my games there never witnessed an arrest or anything definitely calling for one. just typical drunkeness, slurred speach, unsteady walking, and some beer spillage. annoying, but not exactly a prison riot either.

the most annoying part to me is the beer in the stadium. if they were so concerned with drunkeness they'd stop selling it IN the stadium. if not, then obviously they are much more concerned with profit than they are with safety or image.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it was both. But more so on the drunken rowdiness.

Forgot to add this in, I wanna say that The Ralph has more arrests on Sundays than all the other NFL teams combined or something like that. He did say something along those lines. Defenately said highest in the league by far.

I find this not indicative of the actual behavior of Bills fans. Go to a Steelers game. The fans there are MUCH more out of control. I imagine the same is true at Cleveland games. The Police in Orchard Park probably derive a large amount of revenue from making arrests, therefore are more likely to arrest someone than a Cop from a major metro area.

I see your points but do you think there's a problem with public drunkenness at Bills games?

If so, what solutions would you offer?

I for one do not think there is a problem with public drunkenness at games.I have never had an issue and i have been going to games starting at the Rockpile, and have been taking my kids for 7 years, they just 13 and 12.

Having said that, i do see drunks at the games. Some are funny, some are a pain in da ass.

Not being able to carry a beer for the 30 minute walk and wait will have no effect on those guys...they are not getting drunk on the walk into the stadium, they are well lubed before then. And sure as **** they will have a bunch of airplane bottles for the walk instead of beers...then where does that leave us. Shots instead of beers not a good switch LOL

This law would be as dumb to me as open container law in cars. For Christs sake its not where you drink the booze, its how much.

I would love to see 2 or 3 security people stationed at each entrance gate where if the guys who wand you or the ticket taker thinks there is an issue they send to the security guys who determine if you are too hammered to come in.

The pregame walk with open beverage in hand and backup in my pocket to drink while waiting in line is a time honored tradition at the Ralph. The 5% f$@king ruin it for everyone.

Could not agree more!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

The pregame walk with open beverage in hand and backup in my pocket to drink while waiting in line is a time honored tradition at the Ralph. The 5% f$@king ruin it for everyone.

The law is town wide also. After a hard hot day at work, I usually walk the dog. I now can't walk Buddy the Wonder Dog around the neighborhood with a cold one in hand!!!

I regularly attended games when I lived in the Buffalo area but I couldn't imagine taking my young son to a Bills game the way I could to a local Panthers game. The atmosphere is just completely different. You could argue that the fans aren't as rabid so the "home field advantage" isn't as big but here you can actually go and enjoy the game without really worrying about incidents or crazy drunken behavior. It was pretty mellow when I went to see the Bills in Arizona a couple years back as well. I don't know about all the other stadiums but I haven't been to anyplace like The Ralph yet.

The law is town wide also. After a hard hot day at work, I usually walk the dog. I now can't walk Buddy the Wonder Dog around the neighborhood with a cold one in hand!!!

Get some of these....

6230036_f496.jpg

Or one of these....

stainless-steel-travel-mug-set-2-pack.jpg

Sure you can - just walk across people's lawns instead of the sidewalk

I regularly attended games when I lived in the Buffalo area but I couldn't imagine taking my young son to a Bills game the way I could to a local Panthers game. The atmosphere is just completely different. You could argue that the fans aren't as rabid so the "home field advantage" isn't as big but here you can actually go and enjoy the game without really worrying about incidents or crazy drunken behavior. It was pretty mellow when I went to see the Bills in Arizona a couple years back as well. I don't know about all the other stadiums but I haven't been to anyplace like The Ralph yet.

I wonder if its a Southern thing. Think about the notorious fan-bases: Buffalo, Oakland, Jets, Philly, Cleveland, etc...

I wonder if its a Southern thing. Think about the notorious fan-bases: Buffalo, Oakland, Jets, Philly, Cleveland, etc...

The south is more laid back in general. But I think it tends to be more of a blue collar thing.

Edited by CodeMonkey