Hear Doug Whaley talk about our top 5 draft picks

This guy is going to be the Bills next GM?

Care to elaborate?

Not a very convincing sales presentation. I think that's what the above poster was saying. That's all.

Maybe we'll even get the chance to hear him speak for himself.

Maybe my koolaid is sugarless.

I think it's more a case of you not having any taste!

:nana:

Just kidding buddy.

Goodwin, helps the Bills win Good, I see excellent sports puns coming - but seriously 4.27 speed and likes to block could mean more TDs for C.J.

What's in a name?

Goodwin vs. Los(s) man, I think we're finally heading in a good direction (at least name-wise)

E(J)manuel is translated as "God is with us" in Hebrew

Marcus "can" Easley get things done

Tashard "is" Choice

Marcell Dareus the great (Darius the Great was a king of the Persian empire)

Arthur "cross the" Moats to storm the castle

Eric "laying the" Wood

Robert "fightin' his way through the" Woods

Dustin "that kid's got a lot of" Hop kins

Freddy "Action" Jackson, of course

Jarius "free as a" Byrd

(or in regards to his contract, maybe "A Byrd in the hand is worth two in the bush")

"Gimme" Da'Rock Rogers

Not sure what to say about the team having 4 Smiths' and 5 Williams' or

2 T.J.s, a C.J., and an E.J....but anyhow

Great vids, thanks for posting

He struggled to described why he picked EJ. He said throw out the analytics--it's his "presence". Then he said it's the "it factor". When he tried to explain that, he stammered and settled on..."he's a leader of men".

Shouldn't have been that hard to rattle off 10 reasons they took him--right off the bat.

I believe he commented on his completion percentage being very high, on him being a winner at a big program, on his physical attributes, on his intangibles, and on his presence. There's not really much more the Bills or anyone can say already - I mean, we're seeing these guys get asked the same questions over and over again - and the truth is not very complicated: Manuel is a big, strong armed, accurate, fast, athletic, smart QB who is a little raw, but who has all the tools to be an excellent NFL QB. It's obvious it's on the Bills to groom him, teach him, and put him in the right situation. There's not a lot more to ask until we get into camp and start training.

BTW - I really like Kaepernick coming out of college, as much as Newton, in fact. I believe most experts had Kaepernick as needing more time, being more raw, than Manuel. I don't know about anyone else, but if Manuel can turn into anything like Newton or Kaepernick - with the rest of the Bills offensive weapons, and the talent and Coordinator on Defense - this team will be tough.

Nice to hear some positive, the board carries so much negative makes a person not want to participate.

Easy their, no sense in jumping off the roof. I am intrigued by the pick and the rest of them too, that doesn't mean it is the be all end all. Joe Gibbs won three superbowls coaching the Redskins with 1 talented but aging quarterback and two guys who could only throw it long but couldn't read a defense if you paid them.

The jury is still out on the pick, though hopeful, and Marone as a coach at this level. We will see.

The Whaley guy is nothing more than a sales pitch guy (as others mentioned) at least in this rendition that we saw in the clips. So what, he is doing his job addressing some well healed potential box owners or sponsors okay, good for him. This is not a reflection of him as a football guy good or bad. Can't tell that from these clips. P.S. I like Koolaid, I just am skeptical of anyone selling it as cherry pie...

Easy their, no sense in jumping off the roof. I am intrigued by the pick and the rest of them too, that doesn't mean it is the be all end all. Joe Gibbs won three superbowls coaching the Redskins with 1 talented but aging quarterback and two guys who could only throw it long but couldn't read a defense if you paid them.

All of your examples (in this thread and the other one) arguing that QBs are not as significant as people say they are, are outdated.

In the other thread you referenced the Miami Dolphins of the 70s.

The last non-marquee QB to win a Super Bowl was Brad Johnson in 2003.

If there's one major consensus in the NFL these days, it's that you need a top caliber QB to win a Super Bowl.

Teams that have success without a top QB are the rare exceptions.

It seems to me we should be glad that we have a young, articulate, knowledgeable guy making this presentation. I was struck by this more than what he said about each player. Assistant my a@$. Promote him now!

Oh, and in case you need more on EJ, check out this article if you haven't already. It's mostly about Mastrole but what he has to say about EJ goes to some of the "it" factor. EJ gets it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/04/3379644/ken-mastrole-coaches-fsu-qb-ej.html

It seems to me we should be glad that we have a young, articulate, knowledgeable guy making this presentation. I was struck by this more than what he said about each player. Assistant my a@$. Promote him now!

Oh, and in case you need more on EJ, check out this article if you haven't already. It's mostly about Mastrole but what he has to say about EJ goes to some of the "it" factor. EJ gets it.

http://www.miamihera...-fsu-qb-ej.html

totally agree about Whaley. He comes off as knowing his stuff. What is there not to like? Most excited I have been about the team in a long time. Marrone and Whaley will be running this organization for a long time.