Suicide Rates Rise Sharply in U.S.

In the last 10 years, these very boards have had two suicides that I know of. From our little spattering of statistics, numbers point elsewhere. Sorry I am being your buzzkill.

Yes, Im well aware. I doubt either of the two good people who committed suicide...RIP.....did so because their unemployment checks ran out.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we're skirting around here is the fact that BO is a failure with respect to lowering the suicide rate in this country.

BUT the suicide rate has dractically dropped. College educated woman have seen a very sharp decrease. The problem is the white, middle aged dudes offing themselves.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yes, Im well aware. I doubt either of the two good people who committed suicide...RIP.....did so because their unemployment checks ran out.

That is only one of the issues. Education is a very big factor like you implied. Then there is the middle aged white guy problem where they seen the increases. Not sure where our cases were with respect to education... I assume one was highly educated. The sharpest decreases have been in college educated females. That is something the conservatives hate, right? Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen... ;-) ;-) I kid... I kid... :-P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Given that i think he's as much a moron as you are, have i ever pm'ed you?

nope, I've only gotten a few PMs and they have all been friendly so I've never had a reason to blocked anyone and really I can't imagine anything someone could write derogatory enough that it would overcome the hilarity that they took the time to write it- I do have two people on ignore but that's only because they have managed the incredible trick of being both fantastically stupid and mind numbingly dull- but as for your situation maybe Joe has you mixed up with someone like Marauder, I've never checked out Blocking features, does it have something where you can block groups, like block all retards from Canada, maybe you're a just a victim of a wide net approach.

nope, I've only gotten a few PMs and they have all been friendly so I've never had a reason to blocked anyone and really I can't imagine anything someone could write derogatory enough that it would overcome the hilarity that they took the time to write it- I do have two people on ignore but that's only because they have managed the incredible trick of being both fantastically stupid and mind numbingly dull- but as for your situation maybe Joe has you mixed up with someone like Marauder, I've never checked out Blocking features, does it have something where you can block groups, like block all retards from Canada, maybe you're a just a victim of a wide net approach.

You can put yourself on ignore?

Mental health/suicide who gives a shhhh I say.....I have a lazy uncle who is "depressed" so he gets some of that government money.

It's all bs....we all have enough on our plate to give a shhhh about the Koo koos out there I say.

Life is tough....figure it out...feeble chumps go the suicide route IMO. I got my own stuff to worry about....FU cardboard sign holding "veterans". Never met a homeless guy that wasn't a vet....weird.

Mental health/suicide who gives a shhhh I say.....I have a lazy uncle who is "depressed" so he gets some of that government money.

It's all bs....we all have enough on our plate to give a shhhh about the Koo koos out there I say.

Life is tough....figure it out...feeble chumps go the suicide route IMO. I got my own stuff to worry about....FU cardboard sign holding "veterans". Never met a homeless guy that wasn't a vet....weird.

Are you being facetious?

I did THINK. That's why I said that it was doubtful that he would pm you when it would be much more satisfying to humiliate you in public, which is doable on just about every one of your posts.

If you want to believe the guy who says he never PMs me while complaining about me blocking his PMs, well then what can I say other than THINK for a change.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If you want to believe the guy who says he never PMs me while complaining about me blocking his PMs, well then what can I say other than THINK for a change.

I wasn't complaining. I was actually pm'ing you to explain EII's post since I didn't feel like re-opening old wounds here.

If you're not smart enough to understand that, then you could go to !@#$ing hell.

He means that he believes that most (if not all) of those homeless people claiming to be vets are lying.

Over half for sure...some are legit.

I refuse to work 2 jobs (a time ago) then give money to the homeless guy who's standing underneath a Mickey d's sign that says now hiring.

My dads an amputee from the AF and he gets a little chunk of change (that took him years of fighting w the govt to get)

I know some vets are getting a raw deal though 3rd ..... Didn't mean to disparage the real homeless vets, just the fake ones...

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You are clueless, aren't you? I've seen a lot of your posts and I've also seen a lot of Meazza's posts. Even in this post of yours that I'm quoting here you are being disingenuous. Also, you're the kind of guy that most everybody here would enjoy humiliating in public. What joy would it bring to anyone to just turn you into an enraged babbling idiot for only your cat and babysitter to see? So you see I did THINK, and don't believe a word you said, are saying and will say.

Over half for sure...some are legit.

I refuse to work 2 jobs (a time ago) then give money to the homeless guy who's standing underneath a Mickey d's sign that says now hiring.

My dads an amputee from the AF and he's gets a little chunk of change (that took him years of fighting w the govt to get)

I know some vets are getting a Raw deal though 3rd ..... Didn't mean to disparage the real homeless vets, just the fake ones...

That's all I was trying to clear up and hoped that would be the case. The fake vets are pathetic.