Suicide Rates Rise Sharply in U.S.

I think your right. It's a selfish act because the collateral damage is never considered. If it was a person wouldn't kill themselves. The closet guy also had a mother and father that are crushed. Possibly guilt ridden for the rest of their lives wondering if was partially their fault and they didn't help. People obviously get in a real bad place but they have to consider people around them that love them. They should run, not walk to a professional that can help.

I think they are more selfish than cowardly.

I don't disagree with Tom, they're are sick... but the suicide way is selfish.... Go see a therapist, get rigged up on antidepressants, but my lord if you have kids, don't shoot yourself in the closet... I have not been in their shoes so I can only speculate how they feel, but my god, you take a piece of everybody in your life when you do that... I hate the idea of it, it makes me sick

I don't understand schizophrenia at all either. Whenever I meet a schizo I just want to yell in their demented faces "Think about it, crazy. You're not 9 people!" For some reason it just doesn't seem to register. Probably due to the mental illness.

As Tom and Levi have already stated, suicide is also largely an illness. So of course you don't get suicide, you're not suicidal. Rational arguments as to the pros and cons of suicide have no bearing as its not a logical act. Human beings are programmed not to hurt themselves.

But if you have a mood disorder/ depression, do you still have a concept of reality??? I assume with schizophrenics they are detached from reality? At your lowest point, the deepest of darkest of lows, you have to be cognizant of the sonsequencesmof the choice you are making.... Maybe that is the symptom of the disorder, ambivalence toward others, but you still make a choice....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're "depressed" because you can't get gubmint bennies or even swing a job at the local Pizza Hut, please off yourself.

Wow man, just ...wow. I knew you were a french fry short of a happy meal, but a post like this takes the cake.

Thanks (for trying) meazza. I don't want to offend anyone. It is just incredible that as a community we have to deal with something this sad. I wish we didn't... Nobody is immune... :-(

Had you seen the stuff he was sending me before I had to block him, you might understand !

Had you seen the stuff he was sending me before I had to block him, you might understand !

I find that hard to believe. Meazza is perfectly capable of handing your ass to you in public without having to do it on the snide. Your comments are unsubstantiated, and are below the lofty standards we hold ourselves to here. You've made the round table just a little bit more edgy.

I find that hard to believe. Meazza is perfectly capable of handing your ass to you in public without having to do it on the snide. Your comments are unsubstantiated, and are below the lofty standards we hold ourselves to here. You've made the round table just a little bit more edgy.

I don't think i've ever started **** with anyone via pm that i recall though i am an old man and quite forget... What were we talking about again?

I don't think i've ever started **** with anyone via pm that i recall though i am an old man and quite forget... What were we talking about again?

It had something to do with his incontinance, loose bowels, drooling, wetting or a product called "Depends"

Ha, suicide. The easiest thing to do yet the hardest thing to carry out.

But, I do not understand how people have these viewpoints - yes, it is selfish, yes, it is weak, yes it is strong, etc etc. But, the happiness these people face in their last moments is amazing. Once their plans are made they find peace.

I do look at the teenagers today, though, that are using it to escape the pain. Amanda Todd - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd. The Baby Boomers are one thing, but girls like Todd, and boys like Tyler Clementi are not even aware of themselves enough to be selfish.

As far as mentioning the history of this board and its residents - there are probably all walks of life on here. Millionaires, poor folks. Brilliant folks and morons. Honest people and dishonest crooks. Thieves and pilferers then Reverends and Deacons. Felons and Judges. And then there is Tom. So we have many types of people here and one type of cro-magnon ape.

For the record, Meazza PMed me once. I cannot recall if I responded or not. But it was in no way snide or nasty. Just sent me something as a side note. Perhaps, Joe, you misunderstood what he meant?

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

Ha, suicide. The easiest thing to do yet the hardest thing to carry out.

But, I do not understand how people have these viewpoints - yes, it is selfish, yes, it is weak, yes it is strong, etc etc. But, the happiness these people face in their last moments is amazing. Once their plans are made they find peace.

I do look at the teenagers today, though, that are using it to escape the pain. Amanda Todd - http://en.wikipedia....anda_Todd. The Baby Boomers are one thing, but girls like Todd, and boys like Tyler Clementi are not even aware of themselves enough to be selfish.

As far as mentioning the history of this board and its residents - there are probably all walks of life on here. Millionaires, poor folks. Brilliant folks and morons. Honest people and dishonest crooks. Thieves and pilferers then Reverends and Deacons. Felons and Judges. And then there is Tom. So we have many types of people here and one type of cro-magnon ape.

North Carolina moonshine, gotta love it.

For the record, Meazza PMed me once. I cannot recall if I responded or not. But it was in no way snide or nasty. Just sent me something as a side not. Perhaps, Joe, you misunderstood what he meant?

I never pm'ed him. I did receive a pm once from someone here inviting me to what i guess was a fight at the home opener. That gave me a good laugh :lol:

I never pm'ed him. I did receive a pm once from someone here inviting me to what i guess was a fight at the home opener. That gave me a good laugh :lol:

He probably just has you confused with someone else. That's funny though, a fight at the home opener... :lol:

Why block a guy who wasn't sending PM's? You really need to THINK sometimes before posting.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Why block a guy who wasn't sending PM's? You really need to THINK sometimes before posting.

:lol;

You are so full of ****. I never pm'ed you. You could block personal messages from people who have never messaged you dipshit.

Why do you continue to lie?

Edited by meazza

:lol;

You are so full of ****. I never pm'ed you. You could block personal messages from people who have never messaged you dipshit.

Why do you continue to lie?

I got to go with Joe on this, blocking someone who's never PMed you sounds like unnecessary work and Libs are notoriously lazy.

I did THINK. That's why I said that it was doubtful that he would pm you when it would be much more satisfying to humiliate you in public, which is doable on just about every one of your posts.

For the record, Meazza PMed me once. I cannot recall if I responded or not. But it was in no way snide or nasty. Just sent me something as a side note. Perhaps, Joe, you misunderstood what he meant?

The little ****head pm'd me too. Mother !@#$ing !@#$ wished me happy birthday. :censored:

I got to go with Joe on this, blocking someone who's never PMed you sounds like unnecessary work and Libs are notoriously lazy.

Given that i think he's as much a moron as you are, have i ever pm'ed you?

Edited by meazza

What we're skirting around here is the fact that BO is a failure with respect to lowering the suicide rate in this country.

That, homelessness, the economy, unemployment, record high disability cases, impending bankruptcy of SS, Medicare, and Medicaid, Gitmo still being open, North Korea and Iran's nukes, etc., etc., etc., are being overlooked at a time when this festering cauldron of problems is growing unabated.

Bet the media will be happy in their angst if a Republican EVER gets elected as President again. THEN they'll be able to get into this **** big time. In the meantime, "Man, isn't he dreamy?" and "Michelle really blossoming as a real genuine celebrity" stories abound.