Poll: Are You Happy With The Bills First 2 Rounds?

Draft  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Bills 1st 2 rounds?

This offense will be insanely quick to score (out of oblivion crazy). I can't wait for the development of Manuel. Him a running threat. CJ in the backfield. WR's with world class speed. A LB that just likes to HIT people. Oh and he can cover. There is going to be a strong a sense of "nasty" that we haven't seen in a LONG time.....Gone are the days of "soft" don't ever show anything other than a 4 man front D. Get Dansby on board. Extend Byrd. All of sudden....."Hey Jack"....We're looking pretty good (without over spending on anything like the fish did).

Has anyone noticed the composure difference between Manuel and Smith. Manuel has the "it" factor. Can't wait for football season. If the playoffs are not in the cards...Better football will be. Progression in the right direction will be seen. Building blocks are being emplaced! Go Bills!

I wasn't happy with the first pick. Was THRILLED with the next two. Then the fourth pick just confused me. There wasn't a single guard or TE that we could have grabbed? I'm not voting on this poll because I can't say one way or the other.

I will say the only way I'll be happy with Manuel is if we hand him the keys from day 1. I'm not interested in him "learning" from Kevin !@#$ing Kolb. We're not winning the SB this year, so let the kid take his lumps and get some experience. If he starts from day one, I'll love the pick. If he holds Kevin !@#$ing Kolb's clipboard, I'll watch in disgust as 4th rounder Matt Barkley eventually beats us in his rookie year.

I LOVE the Manuel pick, I'm VERY satisfied with the Woods pick, didn't know much about the Kiko pick but I'm from Queens, N.Y. and was born in 1978 so growing up we used to use the slang word kiko to refer to each other as friends... Used in an example: Yo wuttup Kiko? Nowadays would be like, Yo wussup dog, or what's good homie... So I like the Kiko pick based on his name only at this point and Goodwin is just a speed demon... Dude is Clark Kent in smallville running faster than the train kind of fast...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Guys,what are you going off the deep end for? NFN if the Bills hadn't drafted EJ he still might be on the board with Barkley, and Nassib for round 4

A rookie QB that needs loads of developmental time, and it could take more then a year before he even starts to develop as an NFL pocket passer.

Then the rookie QB may develop properly if given proper protection and a solid run game. The O line is still a huge concern to me with Eric Wood ending up on IR the last 3 years and losing their best OG. Then not replacing Levitre in the draft when they had ample opportunities. The game is, and always will be won in the trenches!

So far only WR Robert Woods stands out to me as a great pick! LB Kiko Alonso could be a starter, we will see. the 3rd round WR is a TJ Graham clone, faster only with less production.

One solid starting WR and perhaps another starting LBer, 2 for 4 doesn't get me that excited.

I didn't like the last two picks. Should have grabbed a TE in the 2nd, and then a LB or CB in the 3rd. Small WRs are a dime a dozen. I'd rather have size then speed. Hopefully they'll get a TE and CB capable of starting in free agency, but I don't have alot of faith.

Most drafts only produce one or two long-term players and hopefully our first two picks will be just that.

Either way, a new regime needs its own QB and they need to surround him with talent. Thus, the Woods and Goodwin picks.

Surprisingly, the Bills seem to be "freshening".

I wasn't happy with the first pick. Was THRILLED with the next two. Then the fourth pick just confused me. There wasn't a single guard or TE that we could have grabbed? I'm not voting on this poll because I can't say one way or the other.

I will say the only way I'll be happy with Manuel is if we hand him the keys from day 1. I'm not interested in him "learning" from Kevin !@#$ing Kolb. We're not winning the SB this year, so let the kid take his lumps and get some experience. If he starts from day one, I'll love the pick. If he holds Kevin !@#$ing Kolb's clipboard, I'll watch in disgust as 4th rounder Matt Barkley eventually beats us in his rookie year.

So if he sits this year and becomes a stud in year 2 you wouldn't be happy?

Your rationale is that of a 4 year old brat

The trade down worked out perfectly. A+

QB, LB, and WR(2) addressed. All positions of great need. A+

I don't follow college ball at all, but based on what I have read Manuel sounds like a bit of a reach. When we play the Jets in 2014 (with Geno) I guess we will start to see first hand which FO was right.

Overall I am very pleased with this draft.

Edited by CodeMonkey

So if he sits this year and becomes a stud in year 2 you wouldn't be happy?

Your rationale is that of a 4 year old brat

Oh you're right. I meant to say "YAY! I LOVE EVERY PICK THE BILLS MADE! THEY CAN DO NO WRONG. I DON'T CARE WHAT THE LAST 13 YEARS HAVE SHOWN, I TRUST THE FRONT OFFICE!!! GO BILLS! SUPER BOWL!"

<_<

Well, are ya?

yes , they got the QB they liked the most. That's right now is good enough for me. Now that may change if he doesn't beat out Kolb in camp. We shall see.

The most important thing was they keep the Jets from taking Austin. And they got extra picks. Sweet...

I love the Woods pick.

Edited by Bufcomments

> I wasn't happy with the first pick.

Nor was I.

Without a QB you don't have a chance. The Bills made errors of commission (taking Manuel) and errors of omission (not taking Barkley or Nassib, even though both were available in the third). I realize that neither Barkley nor Nassib are guarantees. But for a third round pick, why not take a chance? Either one of them would have been more likely to be The Guy than Manuel.

A number of other Bills' picks look like they have potential. That's great. But if you don't have a QB, it won't matter. The Bills have painted themselves into a corner; such that they are virtually guaranteed not to have a QB for the next 3 - 4 years. Even after the Bills finally give up on Manuel and take another QB in the first round, who's to say they'll do any better the next time around than they did this time?