2 Picks in the second

NoSaint

Kiper has us taking Hunter and Lacy with our 2 picks in his 2nd round mock posted today... Why in the world would we take Lacy??? We have CJ, Freddy and even Choice is a "solid" 3rd RB and RB is easiest position to find mid to late round wonders.

GO BILLS!

id assume that people are thinking this is freddys last productive year, and even that might be a question mark. coupled with whether or not CJ can hold a full workload... Lacey could do some heavy lifting while CJ shines in space. Wouldnt be my first choice but RB is not the strength that many on this board portray. Personally, id love lattimore if we were taking a guy middle to early.... would be there at 3, maybe 4 and we wouldnt have to rush him into the rotation early. seems like a good kid and splitting carries would likely be great for his knees.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

id assume that people are thinking this is freddys last productive year, and even that might be a question mark. coupled with whether or not CJ can hold a full workload... Lacey could do some heavy lifting while CJ shines in space. Wouldnt be my first choice but RB is not the strength that many on this board portray. Personally, id love lattimore if we were taking a guy middle to early.... would be there at 3, maybe 4 and we wouldnt have to rush him into the rotation early. seems like a good kid and splitting carries would likely be great for his knees.

Not disagreeing Lacy is a stud RB, i've watched every Bama game last year.. But fact is... this is a gonna be a shotgun, up tempo offense.. We will be using the read option and think Manuel IS by far the best fit for it. We need weapons on outside.. EJ has a big arm and can stretch the field which will HUGELY benefit CJ and Stevie is a possession WR. Hunter is the PERFECT fit and really hope we land him with 1 of 2 picks, but using the other on a RB makes zero sense, even though Lacy is worthy of selection. Hopefully, someone snags him ahead of us. He came in with a 1st round grade and can easily see his name being one of 1st names called this evening. I'd love to see us grab a TE along with best WR available (hunter hopefully!). If not Hunter, Allen would be next best fit along with Woods

Day 2-3 Picks? What do you think?

2a - Ta'o, ILB, Notre Dame

2b - Ertz, TE Stanford

3 - Williams, WR, Baylor (Don’t think Allen will be around at in Rd 3)

4 - CB Tyrann Mathieu (Take a Chance, Live on the Edge!, Plus it’s a need!)

5-7 BPA

Edited by Jackel_One

Repeat after me: Good running backs are a dime-a-dozen and can be had in rounds 6 and 7 and even in UFA. This team has too many other needs to spend high draft pick on a RB.

The two guys I want are Hunter and Ertz. Got the qb now we need to build around him. Ertz never came in for a pre draft visit though so I dont think were taking him

^this would not make me mad at all.....

If we did the following i'll do the jack be nimble nursery rhyme irl:

2A) WR

2B) WR/TE

3) TE/WR

4) CB Tyrann Mathieu

5) BPA that fits a need

6) BPA that fits a need

7) RB Marcus Lattimore

WR: Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, Allen Kennen, Terrance Williams

TE: Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Gavin Escobar

I have heard a mix bag on Ertz, but would still be happy having him. I am slightly more interested in Kelce and Escobar. If we got just about any combo of WR/WR/TE imo it is proof that Nix is on the way out and is just currently a face for the position.

Was anyone else yelling at the screen to trade down again when were on the clock at 16? It was hoping we'd somehow trade back with SF for 31 + 34 or with Min for 25 + 52. I guess it was hoping for to much, and Nix probably would have had multiple hear attacks dropping that far.

I want a TE or WR and a DB for my two picks, then sign Dansby.

With the 3rd, given that Manuel is a boom or bust pick, given the injury history of these types of QBs, and given the future trade value of QBs, I want the Bills to select another QB. Bray, Nassib, Wilson, Scott, or Dysert would be fine.

In regards to those people suggesting we take another QB if Barkley or Nassib falls to, say, the 3rd: I wonder, though, if taking another Qb with a similar grade would only work against Manuel's development? I could see it potentially having a negative effect on him, if he were to struggle at first picking up the offense, and the other didn't? I'd bet it's because of that - and not overspending picks on one position - that we do not take another QB like Washington did. The difference between their situation and ours - Griffin III was not going to be surplanted on that roster, no matter what. EJ, as good as he is, did not have that type of separation, ranking-wise.

Repeat after me: Good running backs are a dime-a-dozen and can be had in rounds 6 and 7 and even in UFA. This team has too many other needs to spend high draft pick on a RB.

i agree, hence i was saying what the draftniks were thinking with the projection. even the one i said id be interested in early may likely be a 4th rounder. i wasnt advocating a 2nd round pick, but answering "why in the hell would they project that"

I want a TE or WR and a DB for my two picks, then sign Dansby.

With the 3rd, given that Manuel is a boom or bust pick, given the injury history of these types of QBs, and given the future trade value of QBs, I want the Bills to select another QB. Bray, Nassib, Wilson, Scott, or Dysert would be fine.

with jackson and kolb i dont think you see a project qb taken. we have the high upside project in manuel and two vets signed within the last 6 weeks or so.

Edited by NoSaint

In regards to those people suggesting we take another QB if Barkley or Nassib falls to, say, the 3rd: I wonder, though, if taking another Qb with a similar grade would only work against Manuel's development? I could see it potentially having a negative effect on him, if he were to struggle at first picking up the offense, and the other didn't? I'd bet it's because of that - and not overspending picks on one position - that we do not take another QB like Washington did. The difference between their situation and ours - Griffin III was not going to be surplanted on that roster, no matter what. EJ, as good as he is, did not have that type of separation, ranking-wise.

You're right that it would be a different dynamic. Taking another QB in round 2 or 3 would basically be more like hedging our risk.

Day 2-3 Picks? What do you think?

2a - Ta'o, ILB, Notre Dame

2b - Ertz, TE Stanford

3 - Williams, WR, Baylor (Don’t think Allen will be around at in Rd 3)

4 - CB Tyrann Mathieu (Take a Chance, Live on the Edge!, Plus it’s a need!)

5-7 BPA

This is the dream scenario..... in this case we might actually pull 5 starters out of the draft