#8 spot generating the most buzz

Chris Mortensen:

The Bills' 8th slot may be generating most pre-draft buzz: Tavon Austin or QB? Or trade back & pick between Nassib & Barkley?

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/327279362216968192

Seems like things are really starting to heat up and it looks like we'll be in a good place to trade back if we want to. Between the 3 OL guys and Tavon Austin.. it looks like someone is bound to be looking to move up.

I'm all for trading back.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris Mortensen:

The Bills' 8th slot may be generating most pre-draft buzz: Tavon Austin or QB? Or trade back & pick between Nassib & Barkley?

https://twitter.com/...279362216968192

Seems like things are really starting to heat up and it looks like we'll be in a good place to trade back if we want to. Between the 3 OL guys and Tavon Austin.. it looks like someone is bound to be looking to move up.

Take Barkley and quit further setting back this franchise

Chris Mortensen:

https://twitter.com/...279362216968192

I love it. I seriously doubt anyone takes Nassib or Barkley 1st round.

Certainly not the Jests.

We will see.

Literally ANYTHING but a 5'8" receiver and I'm fine (which means WR at 8). That translates to tv going off, music going on and the the BBQ continues

+ 1

Literally ANYTHING but a 5'8" receiver and I'm fine (which means WR at 8). That translates to tv going off, music going on and the the BBQ continues

Austin is the only player other than QB I take there. This kid is percy Harvin without being a head case

The Jets have such a football-boner for Tavon Austin I would have the Rams, Niners and Texans on the phone the moment the draft begins and start fielding offers to trade back. Especially if no QB has been selected by that point.

Actually, as Bills fans we should be praying that the Jets take Austin. Hell, let's hope they give up picks to get to him to take him. It'll set the Jets back another five years. They've got a shakey QB with no confidence, Tebow mania, a very suspect OL, they just lost their best CB and they've literally got no LB's. God, please let the Jets take Austin.

Austin is the only player other than QB I take there. This kid is percy Harvin without being a head case

part of me is starting to go this direction. I dont like the edge rushers, dont really want a guard (or the second best guard).... if i had to go between tavon and an underachieving patterson, or a good safety in vaccaro i lean tavon.... and i dont think its just smoke, though they may ultimately not go with him. even before the mike wallace comment went public - i could see whaley picturing tavon and graham as his brown and wallace, with stevie being a fantastic possession guy. further, a wr that can take a screen to the house is especially good for either a young qb or a qb trying to regain his confidence.

id really like to see qb settled today though, however that happens. there are guys that will be good in this draft and i want one of them before the round is done (dont risk missing him, get an extra year on the contract). if you think you see a guy you can work with - worst case isnt reaching for your guy, its taking whatevers left after everyone else got theirs

Edited by NoSaint

Personally I feel if Dion Jordan falls to 8 somehow the Bills should be running up to make the pick. This guy has all the talent to be a dominant pass rusher and had already proved himself to be a great coverage linebacker. If he is not there try and trade back to get more picks to fill all the holes and select Tyler Effiert with the trade back.

the Jets are not taking a 1st rd QB. they are STUCK with Sanchez this year, and will take a big hit if they release him next year.

Sanchez is not riding the bench when he is going to make $14 mil this season, and cutting him cost the jets even more. they have plan B with Tebow who they wasted a draft pick for, they gutted much of their team and have huge holes to fill

Trading back from #8 will make me the happiest