When the smoke clears

I do believe the Bills are targeting QB with their first rd pick whether at #8 or trading back. I think all the Barkley and Nassib talk is a smokescreen. The Barkley comparison to Joe Montana at the luncheon was laughable.

This is just my prediction but I think the real target is EJ Manuel. I think we can all agree that none of these QBs are finished products but they specifically singled out Manuel. Last year Buddy was selling that Glenn was a better fit at guard and after the first round finished, stated on Colin cowherd that Jonathan Martin was best player not drafted in the first. When given the choice to pick either player he went with Glenn.

I think the upside with Manuel is too much to pass up on even if it means sitting him for the year. He is a better passer than Kapernick coming out and compares favorably in my opinion.

I find it laughable that people think the other GMs listen to what Buddy says around draft day instead of their own scouts.

Agreed...The last person in the world I would listen too...especially concerning the QB position...is Buddy Nix...I would consult my 13 year old Nephew first... B-)

When the smoke clears, we find out the Bill's never really wanted to trade down at all. That's just to prevent the Jets from using their picks to jump ahead of Buffalo. They take the QB they want, but it ain't Manuel........it's Barkley.

I am completely saturated with opinions. Qualified and otherwise. None of the experts agree on any of them. And us "non-experts" are of similar disagreement.

So I'm willing to just trust the process and hope they got the right guy.

It is all one big game I am sure scouts are feeding misinformation to other teams as well. OBD has been on lockdown after the whole phone prank scandal. We signed Lawson and it flew under the radar. Kolb being in town was another thing that wasn't reported until late. I mean you have Mort saying he is hearing Nassib. You got Mcshay hearing it is Barkley. I think it is OBD putting those rumors out there and then come draft day surprise. Also, Manuel has been invited to the draft I assume his agent has some assurances he is getting picked if available.

I really hope your right OP. It would actually work out perfectly to get Jordan in the first (I know, dream) and the. Steal Manuel in the second. This is my best case scenario. I don't follow a lot of college to be any kind of "expert" on how they will be in the pros. But then again, even the "experts" get these things wrong every once in a while. I'm a fan of Jordan and Manuel from what I've seen of them.

But if Buddy and Co take another QB at 8 or 41, it doesn't matter because I feel they probably got the guy they wanted all along.

I find it laughable that people think the other GMs listen to what Buddy says around draft day instead of their own scouts.

they aren't basing their draft grades in the players compared to what Buddy says. They are basing their strategy in the draft based in what other teams do.

It's like ring in a 12 team fantasy league and 10 out of 12 took RBs in the first round, chances are your going to get another decent one while everyone goes in WR and QB runs.

I do believe the Bills are targeting QB with their first rd pick whether at #8 or trading back. I think all the Barkley and Nassib talk is a smokescreen. The Barkley comparison to Joe Montana at the luncheon was laughable.

This is just my prediction but I think the real target is EJ Manuel. I think we can all agree that none of these QBs are finished products but they specifically singled out Manuel. Last year Buddy was selling that Glenn was a better fit at guard and after the first round finished, stated on Colin cowherd that Jonathan Martin was best player not drafted in the first. When given the choice to pick either player he went with Glenn.

I think the upside with Manuel is too much to pass up on even if it means sitting him for the year. He is a better passer than Kapernick coming out and compares favorably in my opinion.

I sincerely doubt you need a smokescreen to get EJ Manuel at #8. The point of a smokescreen is to Jedi Mind Trick teams ahead of you into passing on a player so he'll fall to you. Who exactly do we need to Obi-Wan at #8?

And I doubt we're setting up a smokescreen in preparation for a trade down. First we'd need a trading partner. A pre-emptive smokescreen would be thinking, like, two moves ahead. Did we graduate to the draft big leagues when I wasn't looking?

When the smoke clears we draft

1rd cornerback

2rd free saftey ( gets cut)

3rd tight end (plays the roll of tj last season)

4rd look at 1st rd

We do sign renaldo McClain to a 5year 76 million contract front loaded 74 million guarantee.

One thing I like about Manuel is he quickly separates people who've watched him play and who has simply looked at his stats.

Yea Manuel reminds me of one of those guys in HS who you would have get off the bus first to intimidate the other team....but he was 3rd string and never saw the field.

I do hope it is Manuel, but after we trade down to later in the first and pick up another 2nd rounder. I think he has the size, arm strength and leadership qualities ti be the QB of the future.

But can he see the field and read a defense? THAT'S the question. He has the tools. Many QBs do. I'd be fine with Manuel at 8 because that's the guy our staff likes most. But he doesn't go through his progressions as fast as the others. It's a skill that is equally as important as size, arm strength and leadership.

One thing I like about Manuel is he quickly separates people who've watched him play and who has simply looked at his stats.

I've been saying this for a while. Anyone who really watched Florida state knows how underwhelming this guy is. But people who didn't really watch see him as Colin Kaepernick or Cam Newton

He's also a terrible fit for a west coast offense. Poor accuracy and decision making

Edited by FluffHead

I sincerely doubt you need a smokescreen to get EJ Manuel at #8. The point of a smokescreen is to Jedi Mind Trick teams ahead of you into passing on a player so he'll fall to you. Who exactly do we need to Obi-Wan at #8?

So tell me Luke Skywalker, why would a team that drafts higher than # 8 even waste any time wondering about which player the Bills want to take at # 8? That would matter to a team drafting in slots 1-7 only if that team was planning to trade down below # 8, but would make absolutely no difference whatsoever to a team that was planning to use picks 1-7 to actually take a player without a trade. If you think any NFL GM is going to evaluate a player drafted in slots 1-7 based on public comments of some OTHER NFL team's GM, you haven't been paying attention.

Disinformation about what Nix plans to do with pick # 8 might affect the plans of teams that (1) already have a later pick (because they might be induced to believe that they need to trade up to get the player they want), or (2) are thinking that they can trade down from slots 1-7 to below # 8 and still get the player they want because he won't be picked sooner (by the Bills or anyone else).

The only teams that could NOT be influenced by disinformation about who the Bills plan to take with pick # 8 are exactly those teams that you mistakenly think are being targeted by the disinformation.

It comes down to the coaching staff if they believe they can turn him into a player. Honestly I don't think any QB is worth drafting until the 2nd. We have so many needs as it is I would go BPA. However, if we take Buddy at his word and he believes there are 2-3 Franchise QBs you have to take one. I think they go with the athlete with the most upside if their grades on QBs are similar. I am assuming Geno Smith is gone before we pick.

I think Manuel can play in any offense and from reports is a smart person so I don't believe learning a new offense is all that big of a deterrent especially if he is going to sit for the year.

Accuracy (career comp. %): Manuel - 66.9%, Barkley 64.1% and Nassib 60.3%.