Bandit's Annual Mock

thebandit27

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound odd, but taking Nassib AND getting another 2nd is a good deal. Just taking Nassib at 8 without an extra pick? Not so much. Barkley throws like a girl and the "raw talent- needs development" qb's like Manuel scare me. Do those types really ever pan out?

You're one of my favorite posters but this draft would terrify me. I hate the idea of settling for Nassib while the Jets get Smith. I hate it.

I agree that this would be gut wrenching, but isn't that a representative Buffalo Bills draft.

Moving up to get Austin, in this draft that is loaded with 2nd round WRs is pretty much Science Fiction though. So you'd have to find a different trade up target for this to happen for the Bills.

One of the best mocks this year. Your analysis of each team is insightful and more to the point, accurate. One small quibble: the Bills might very well believe they've already "drafted" a better QB than any of the ones in the draft by signing Kolb. In that case, I think they might wait until the second round to pick one they can develop. If I'm right, then they might very well select Wilson, Bray or even Scott.

I agree that this would be gut wrenching, but isn't that a representative Buffalo Bills draft.

Moving up to get Austin, in this draft that is loaded with 2nd round WRs is pretty much Science Fiction though. So you'd have to find a different trade up target for this to happen for the Bills.

It's worth pointing out that I didn't mock this scenario in order to conjure up a trade-down for Buffalo, it's what I honestly believe will happen. It's fine to say that the draft is rife with WR depth, and that's true, but I think you're taking that at face value. The truth of the WR class is that it is deep, but it's deep with bigger, more classic flanker and split-end style WRs. Austin is the lone quick-twitch, explosive slot WR in this class; a very valuable commodity in the NFL nowadays (just look at guys like Welker, Harvin, & Amendola). If as many teams like Austin as I've been lead to believe, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see someone move up to get him.

Absent that, there's almost no doubt in my mind that the Jets take Austin at No. 13

Edited by thebandit27

Like the trade-down and think it is a good possibility. Would like to see Bills take Eifert at #16 though. Then go get Barkley or Nassib at the top of the 2nd round, and get a WR with the Rams 2nd rounder.

I would love that, although very much doubt if Barkley or Nassib are available at 41.

One of the best mocks this year. Your analysis of each team is insightful and more to the point, accurate. One small quibble: the Bills might very well believe they've already "drafted" a better QB than any of the ones in the draft by signing Kolb. In that case, I think they might wait until the second round to pick one they can develop. If I'm right, then they might very well select Wilson, Bray or even Scott.

Thanks for the comments.

If they do feel as you speculate, then I could see them going QB in round 2. If that's the case, I'd love an impact defender at 8 overall (actually, that's my preference either way).

Like the trade-down and think it is a good possibility. Would like to see Bills take Eifert at #16 though. Then go get Barkley or Nassib at the top of the 2nd round, and get a WR with the Rams 2nd rounder.

As I said, I hate the trade-down, but I can't see how Austin gets past the 8th pick, and someone's going to want him enough to move up IMO.

Agreed, but probably wouldn't cost more than a 4th to move up 5-7 spots.

I'm not sure about that. I'm skeptical. Because the teams we are trying to trade up with are QB needy teams for the most part. But I will say that I have long wanted Eifert as a top pick, and if we could get Eifert, Nassib and a WR with the Rams #2, and still have six picks in the draft like we started with, I would be ecstatic. Especially if we do sign Dansby, which is completely up in the air right now.

I'm not sure about that. I'm skeptical. Because the teams we are trying to trade up with are QB needy teams for the most part. But I will say that I have long wanted Eifert as a top pick, and if we could get Eifert, Nassib and a WR with the Rams #2, and still have six picks in the draft like we started with, I would be ecstatic. Especially if we do sign Dansby, which is completely up in the air right now.

I think that moving up for a QB is going to cost more than perhaps moving up for any other position...I think the 28-35 range is going to be a hot spot for trade activity this year.

Bandit, if you hate the trade down and want the Bills to select at 8, whom do you suggest they grab? I'm with you by the way and I think it'll be Eifert, or one of the guards. What say you?

I want an impact defender at 8...were the draft to fall the way I've mocked it, I'd prefer Mingo, Jones, or Lotulelei

I don't like either of those guys and to me they're overrated. For Mingo and Jones I see under weight DE's, Maybin hybrids, and I want no part of that. We have no Von Miller in this draft that's for sure, and as far as Lotulelei, I don't think we need a short armed DT at this point. For me, part of the discussions with Kolb were probably centered around how we plan to protect him, and or give him weapons on offense. I see us picking a weapon on offense, and to me the most impactful zero risk offensive player in this draft class is Eifert, and he also happens to be a position of need. :)

You're one of my favorite posters but this draft would terrify me. I hate the idea of settling for Nassib while the Jets get Smith. I hate it.

This. Dropping down 8 picks (for what I can only assume is a 2nd round pick?), and allowing the Jets to pick both Mingo and Geno Smith before we are ever on the board would be a NIGHTMARE come true. If that were to happen, I might just stick with college football this season.