Did you buy EA Sports Madden between 2003 and 2012?

Just Jack

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting info. I am embarassed to admit I bought Madden EVERY one of those years for the PS2 and the PS3 once I had that-

Always preferred franchise mode on the PS2- don't know why they can't get it right on the PS3!

Much thanks - some conflicting info but I might have a good chunk coming this way depending on which years actually qualify and if I need to provide some sort of documentation. Between madden and NCAA I have like 5 copies in the wider range that I just pulled out and will try.

I remember getting an email about this trial 2 years ago when they offered people to waive their right to be part of the lawsuit. Just got an email 2 days ago notifying me that EA reached an 27 million dollar agreement. If you bought any of the older gen console games you can get about 20 bucks per unit for up to 8 units and 6 bucks per game for up to 8 units for the next gen systems (360, ps3).

I filled out everything and submitted it, guess all i have to do is wait for my check to arrrive in the mail. Easiest money ive ever made.

and BTW this is what EA gets for having all these exclusive licenses...Madden has sucked since they switched to the next gen consoles.

I remember getting an email about this trial 2 years ago when they offered people to waive their right to be part of the lawsuit. Just got an email 2 days ago notifying me that EA reached an 27 million dollar agreement. If you bought any of the older gen console games you can get about 20 bucks per unit for up to 8 units and 6 bucks per game for up to 8 units for the next gen systems (360, ps3).

I filled out everything and submitted it, guess all i have to do is wait for my check to arrrive in the mail. Easiest money ive ever made.

and BTW this is what EA gets for having all these exclusive licenses...Madden has sucked since they switched to the next gen consoles.

Did they need to see a reciept, or can you just file it and get the money?

Do you need to document anything (barcode, receipt etc....)? Or is it just putting game year and system?

definitely bought a bunch of these games, not sure I can prove it though.

Heck file anyway see what happens, I bought almost every year on Ebay for cheap. No way I pay full price . But imma file anyway.

They have 27 mill to give out and plan on getting my share.

Heck file anyway see what happens, I bought almost every year on Ebay for cheap. No way I pay full price . But imma file anyway.

They have 27 mill to give out and plan on getting my share.

Well.... Not your share... But getting something.

'Murica

That said the 5 copies on my table currently hopefully put 100 in my pocket - you know, my actual share.

Edited by NoSaint

Wow, what a bull **** lawsuit.

Not at all. This was monopoliztion and price gouging at its finest. nfl2k was a serious threat to the franchise. It was cheap, fun, and had the nfl license. EA got an exclusive which put nfl2k out of business and then raised the prices on the games. The worst part of that is they then began abusing customers. Each year the game added 1 tiny alteration but remained the same game. When it moved to the next gen systems the games were barely playable for the first years.

It was far from legal business practice. It was even farther from ethical business practice. No wonder EA has won worst company 2 years running.

.(link)

Consumerist ran down all the reasons why EA deserves, once again, the title of "Worst Company in America." In a nut shell, it claims the game maker is unapologetic about products that are substandard, over-priced and under-supported

EASPT2-400059523-7

Edited by section122

Not at all. This was monopoliztion and price gouging at its finest. nfl2k was a serious threat to the franchise. It was cheap, fun, and had the nfl license. EA got an exclusive which put nfl2k out of business and then raised the prices on the games. The worst part of that is they then began abusing customers. Each year the game added 1 tiny alteration but remained the same game. When it moved to the next gen systems the games were barely playable for the first years.

It was far from legal business practice. It was even farther from ethical business practice. No wonder EA has won worst company 2 years running.

.(link)

Consumerist ran down all the reasons why EA deserves, once again, the title of "Worst Company in America." In a nut shell, it claims the game maker is unapologetic about products that are substandard, over-priced and under-supported

YUP.

Filed my claim!