Seven reasons why Chip Kelly left Oregon?

eball

Penn state. The Ohio State Univ. Now Oregon. Schools hit with penalties where only the student athlete faces penalties. It is BS that Penn State and tOSU got such harsh penalties hut Oregon gets a slap on the wrist.

It goes back to the idea win now, pay later. uSC, Auburn, Florida, LSU. What other schools have had dynasties andonly later ppenalized?

I don't think the NCAA is all that evil. I don't think they should pay the athletes if they do then they need to pay them all. But I do think this stuff is stupid.

Penn state. The Ohio State Univ. Now Oregon. Schools hit with penalties where only the student athlete faces penalties. It is BS that Penn State and tOSU got such harsh penalties hut Oregon gets a slap on the wrist.

I think it's because Oregon permitted fewer pedophile/formerDC's to rape children in their locker rooms.

I think it's because Oregon permitted fewer pedophile/formerDC's to rape children in their locker rooms.

and right now. A year later. Who is the only people still facing punishment in the Penn state football program?

and right now. A year later. Who is the only people still facing punishment in the Penn state football program?

I don't know....I saw a lot of Penn State football players getting a full ride to Penns State winning a bunch of football games every Saturday on TV in full stadiums (including their own) packed with football fans enjoying Penn State football. What has changed?

Oh, Penn State won't be able to go to some crappy Bowl game after the season ends and a few less regional cornpone kids won't get a free ride per year to sit the bench for most or all of the game. Such hardship.

Blame the program for turning their heads.

That program is gone, those responsible for it have been removed or jailed or passed away.

I don't know....I saw a lot of Penn State football players getting a full ride to Penns State winning a bunch of football games every Saturday on TV in full stadiums (including their own) packed with football fans enjoying Penn State football. What has changed?

Oh, Penn State won't be able to go to some crappy Bowl game after the season ends and a few less regional cornpone kids won't get a free ride per year to sit the bench for most or all of the game. Such hardship.

Alright, so the kids still gets fans in the seat, but that means that some kid is going to miss out on a chance to go to his dream school and play ball there. I don't know, I'm too far in to the GZ/TM crap to think.

I love the self-imposed punishments. That'll teach 'em.

PTR

"Punishment"? When someone refuses to watch something they don't like, how is that punishment. I don't like NCAA football either and think it sucks so am I punishing myself by not doing something I don't like? Get a grip.

Whatever. College football is so inherently corrupt that I simply don't care. A multi-billion industry in which the high-end talent doesn't get paid beyond tuition and room/board is bound to produce multiple stories like this one every year. Which it does. I find the sport nearly unwatchable, but that's just me. The only reason I even care about it is because of the draft.

Absolutely agree. The whole NCAA system is absurd. The players make millions for their schools, get a pittance in return and for that they should be grateful. Nonsense.

"Punishment"? When someone refuses to watch something they don't like, how is that punishment. I don't like NCAA football either and think it sucks so am I punishing myself by not doing something I don't like? Get a grip.

Uhhhhhhh...I was referring to schools coming up with their own BS self-punishments for rules violations to placate the NCAA.

PTR

It kind of makes you stop and think......

Im not going to put a halo over Marrone's head.....but if he DID do what he accomplished at Syracuse without doing all of THIS stuff....then doesn't that make him even more of a catch?

I don't know if Marrone did it straight or not......but lets face it......the accomplishments of the two coaches are comparable if he was on the straight and narrow no doubt

It all comes to an end when O'Bannon wins his law suit. Everyone knows the NCAA, the schools, and the athletic departments are making millions off of these kids. The kids have no ability to leave their school while the coaches can come and go as they please. The scholarships in real dollars are pennies on the income the teams generate. In 5 years there will be 30-40 schools that pay their players and have a playoff system - I'm sure we could all name the schools. The rest of the schools will have a traditional scholarship program.