2013 Bills NFL draft guide -- Mel Kiper

johnnywo

I think the biggest take away is the amount of "starters" or draft picks still on this roster since 2010. A lot of people on this board are awfully critical about Buddy's "inability" to draft. All GM's have hits and misses, but I'm will to say Buddy has had more hits then misses. Specifically round 1.

Insider's NFL and draft experts -- Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, Chris Sprow and Field Yates -- have teamed up to give a full breakdown of all that should be considered for each team as it enters the 2013 NFL draft. Here we look at the Buffalo Bills.

Cheers,

GO BILLS!

Edited by Just Jack

I think the biggest take away is the amount of "starters" or draft picks still on this roster since 2010. A lot of people on this board are awfully critical about Buddy's "inability" to draft. All GM's have hits and misses, but I'm will to say Buddy has had more hits then misses. Specifically round 1.

Insider's NFL and draft experts -- Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, Chris Sprow and Field Yates -- have teamed up to give a full breakdown of all that should be considered for each team as it enters the 2013 NFL draft. Here we look at the Buffalo Bills.

Cheers,

GO BILLS!

That's from ESPN Insider - uncool to post the entire copyrighted piece. Just sayin'

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Nothing new but that's fairly accurate for two known jokers.

I do think all the guard talk is uninformed nonsense.

This!!

If you want informed/educated Bills draft talk just read about any thread on here. We may not all agree on the best way to proceed but people on here do a pretty good job of defending their thought process. The posters have a much better grasp of the bills needs and reading the tea leaves. I would rather listen to people on here go through their draft thoughts than either of those two.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I cited Kiper as the author...I'm not taking credit for it...

I don't want to hijack the entire thread, but as a writer I can tell you that you cannot, regardless of whether or not you credit the author, copy and paste an entire piece. In this case it is especially egregious because it is from a paid section of the ESPN site - meaning they don't even give it away for free.

Normally, you want to post a paragraph or two from the piece along with a link back to the original source. In this case, that would be moot because only someone with ESPN Insider would be able to open it anyway.

Okay, enough of me on the soapbox, I now return you to your normally scheduled 2013 draft thread.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I think the biggest take away is the amount of "starters" or draft picks still on this roster since 2010.

I think that's just a function of a GM coming in, cleaning house, and installing his players. Letting Levitre go and plugging your own draft pick isn't always a good idea. Plus, the Bills are a charity. They're giving out paychecks that no other team would do.

I don't want to hijack the entire thread, but as a writer I can tell you that you cannot, regardless of whether or not you credit the author, copy and paste an entire piece. In this case it is especially egregious because it is from a paid section of the ESPN site - meaning they don't even give it away for free.

Normally, you want to post a paragraph or two from the piece along with a link back to the original source. In this case, that would be moot because only someone with ESPN Insider would be able to open it anyway.

Okay, enough of me on the soapbox, I now return you to your normally scheduled 2013 draft thread.

Best part: if he changes it you still have it 100% quoted

Edited by NoSaint

I guess I'm just biased against paying for online opinions. I won't pay to be an "insider" and I won't pay for the Buffalo News. The opinions I value are readily found for free. So, when someone posts Mel Kiper's opinion, it's interesting and I'll read it. But it's worth little more than what I have to say around here.

If you want informed/educated Bills draft talk just read about any thread on here. We may not all agree on the best way to proceed but people on here do a pretty good job of defending their thought process. The posters have a much better grasp in the bills needs and reading the tea leaves. I would rather listen to people on here go through their draft thoughts than either of those two.

I guess I'm just biased against paying for online opinions. I won't pay to be an "insider" and I won't pay for the Buffalo News. The opinions I value are readily found for free. So, when someone posts Mel Kiper's opinion, it's interesting and I'll read it. But it's worth little more than what I have to say around here.

Amen

Buddy's drafts overall hv been average at best. It's easy or should be to hit on your first round picks but 2 of his 3 second round picks hv been terrible and so far haven't seen much out of his 3rd round picks either

I don't see how that's hit and miss as the only thing that's saved him is hitting on 2 of his first round picks with Dareus still a question mark considering what the other players picked around him hv done

Edited by Max997