The No QB All Offense Draft

Supposing we roll w/ Kolb/TJax at QB (I'd take Barkley, but go with me here) who would you draft to set up a high output offense going forward? (w/n reason of who might be available)

Here's mine:

1. Chance Warmack - OG - AL

2. Terrance Williams - WR - Baylor

3. Da'rick Rogers - WR - Ten Tech

4. Travis Kelce - TE - Cin/Gavin Escobar -TE - SDSU

5. Knile Davis - RB - AK (assuming Lattimore's gone)

6. Lonnie Pryor - FB - FSU

Rationale: With Warmack we go from solid to dominant on O-line. Dude's a beast, I've watched a lot of him & he's to O-line what we all hoped Dareus would be to D-line.

With Williams, Rogers, & Kelce/Escobar our receiving corps goes from mediocre to elite even if one of them busts.

Knile Davis gives us a big fast back to take over when Fred retires & gives us insurance. He may not have it mentally, but it's rare to see that combination of size, speed, & agility in the 5th.

Pryor is never going to be a Sam Gash style, knock a LB on his ass kind of back, but he's the kind of FB that could get out in front of CJ to spring him with a key block & he could make some noise running & catching the ball.

Edited by Rob's House

Supposing we roll w/ Kolb/TJax at QB (I'd take Barkley, but go with me here) who would you draft to set up a high output offense going forward? (w/n reason of who might be available)

Here's mine:

Assuming we can't make any trades:

1.) Tavon Austin, WR, WVU

2.) Kyle Long, OG/OT, Oregon

3.) Giovani Bernard, HB, UNC

4.) Gavin Escobar, TE, SDSU

5.) Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado

6.) Oday Aboushi, OT/OG, UVA

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but I chuckled when I saw that you have "P. Escobar-TE, SDSU" in your signature.

Here's mine:

You know what... I don't hate it. -Mind you, I don't love it, but I could definitely roll with it.

Nassib at 8 will keep me up many, many, nights. Warmack would be the better long-term value IMO...

Tell you what... Swap WR Da'Rick Rogers for WR Cobi Hamilton, and FB Lonnie Pryor for DE/OLB Margus Hunt, and I'm down. I've certainly seen way worse mocks on TSW.

You know what... I don't hate it. -Mind you, I don't love it, but I could definitely roll with it.

Nassib at 8 will keep me up many, many, nights. Warmack would be the better long-term value IMO...

Tell you what... Swap WR Da'Rick Rogers for WR Cobi Hamilton, and FB Lonnie Pryor for DE/OLB Margus Hunt, and I'm down. I've certainly seen way worse mocks on TSW.

Hunt isn't going to be available in the sixth round.

Here's mine:

Rationale: With Warmack we go from solid to dominant on O-line. Dude's a beast, I've watched a lot of him & he's to O-line what we all hoped Dareus would be to D-line.

With Williams, Rogers, & Kelce/Escobar our receiving corps goes from mediocre to elite even if one of them busts.

Knile Davis gives us a big fast back to take over when Fred retires & gives us insurance. He may not have it mentally, but it's rare to see that combination of size, speed, & agility in the 5th.

Pryor is never going to be a Sam Gash style, knock a LB on his ass kind of back, but he's the kind of FB that could get out in front of CJ to spring him with a key block & he could make some noise running & catching the ball.

I thought I did this thread already :)

I like the one someone posted in another thread. Including a trade for an extra first and end up with Patterson, Austin, Ertz in the first 2 rounds. Throw in maybe Gillislee and even Lattermore in later rounds and we would be extremely scary.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but I chuckled when I saw that you have "P. Escobar-TE, SDSU" in your signature.

he also has sir Charles Barkley at QB with pick #1

many have Hunt going late 1st into the 2nd round..don't think he makes it past rd 2

I actually wouldn't hate Austin at 8 like most people here would, but the rest of your draft would make me ill

So you want to land a guy that will get drafted in rounds 1-3 in round 6? I'd be willing to bet you anything that Hunt isn't there in rd 6. Zero chance.

I like the one someone posted in another thread. Including a trade for an extra first and end up with Patterson, Austin, Ertz in the first 2 rounds. Throw in maybe Gillislee and even Lattermore in later rounds and we would be extremely scary.

That would be amazing. Too good to be true though

Please explain your logic for drafting a RB in round three when we have many more pressing needs.

CBF

Please explain your logic for drafting a RB in round three when we have many more pressing needs.

CBF

ill take a shot at it. Because Freddy is 30+ years old coming off 2 seasons where he's been injury riddled and if he goes down along with not knowing if CJ can handle a full workload were screwed. Freddy maybe has 2 years left if were lucky. This year could be a bad hit away from being it for him.

Something I haven't considered until now in regards to taking Warmack - or even Cooper - at 8. I'll bet Dareus tells Marrone and Co., if asked, that Warmack HELPED him play great against other competition, because by the time he got around to Saturday, he was used to much better competition at Guard. Well, what if that logic is true? Does having a nasty Guard actually help the DT's prepare better for other competition? If it does, then maybe it not only makes our offense better, but our defense a little bit, too?

CBF

Assuming that we can't draft defense using these parameters, I think the TE talent in round 3 will be available in round 4, while Ertz/Eifert won't be around. Bernard is a special talent, and I think Fred Jackson is done.

ill take a shot at it. Because Freddy is 30+ years old coming off 2 seasons where he's been injury riddled and if he goes down along with not knowing if CJ can handle a full workload were screwed. Freddy maybe has 2 years left if were lucky. This year could be a bad hit away from being it for him.

I guess my question to this would be why do we need to draft a RB right now? As of right now, we have Spiller, Jackson, and Choice. Given that we only have 6 draft picks, can we really afford to use one of them on a 4th RB? If we really want to bring in another RB right now, why not just look to UDFAs? I agree that Jackson may not have much left, but he's on the team right now and is planning to play this season. If he breaks down this season and we need a new #2, look for one next year. We can't afford to use a draft choice on a RB this season.

So you want to land a guy that will get drafted in rounds 1-3 in round 6? I'd be willing to bet you anything that Hunt isn't there in rd 6. Zero chance.

Wow. six weeks ago, there were all manner of knocks on this guy. Lacked technique, too raw, etc... some places had him as a 5th, 6th, even UDFA... I see all thats changed. Good for him! Anyway, if he's gone, I'll take Ty Powell 6'2" 249 OLB out of Harding U. 4.64 speed, 28 bench reps, 37 inch vert, 10.2 broad... Talented athlete. Raw material for Pettine to make something out of.. -Yeesh, Hope he's still there.

I guess my question to this would be why do we need to draft a RB right now? As of right now, we have Spiller, Jackson, and Choice. Given that we only have 6 draft picks, can we really afford to use one of them on a 4th RB? If we really want to bring in another RB right now, why not just look to UDFAs? I agree that Jackson may not have much left, but he's on the team right now and is planning to play this season. If he breaks down this season and we need a new #2, look for one next year. We can't afford to use a draft choice on a RB this season.

I'm not saying I want this RB at any spot. But if there was a RB that I thought would be a difference maker for years to come and he snuck into the middle rounds, at this point with my RB tandem on the team now, I know that Freddy would most likely be done very soon.

Wow. six weeks ago, there were all manner of knocks on this guy. Lacked technique, too raw, etc... some places had him as a 5th, 6th, even UDFA... I see all thats changed. Good for him! Anyway, if he's gone, I'll take Ty Powell 6'2" 249 OLB out of Harding U. 4.64 speed, 28 bench reps, 37 inch vert, 10.2 broad... Talented athlete. Raw material for Pettine to make something out of.. -Yeesh, Hope he's still there.

There are a lot of knocks on Hunt still. I don't ever remember him being an UDFA according to anyone. I don't know anything about Powell except the combine/pro day numbers you posted. Never heard of him.