Does anyone here meditate?

Every day before I wake and sleep. I sit on the backs of my legs (lotus positions are hard for me). I use eyes open and closed depending on the visual distractions present.

Having done it for a year, I'm calmer and happier. Also more focused.

Man, my knees are jealous of your knees. Whenever I've tried that, they scream!

last night, i did my now most favorite form of meditation - mowed the lawn. strange but true.

I think it's the pride you feel when you are done...the lawn looks nice, the rows are straight, the smell...I agree with you.

I mow with my old International Cub Cadet 1100 and she keeps going and going. The sound is relaxing (the kids screams are drowned out for an hour or two)

last night, i did my now most favorite form of meditation - mowed the lawn. strange but true.

If you call that meditation, I can beat it two ways. :nana:

Lay out near the shed, or far - I have Sat Rad there, so I turn on some old Jazz music, or the 40's on 4, or something soothing and lay out and just let the wind blow.

Or, on a calm night I just lay and look at the stars and usually fall asleep.

That's one thing I always enjoyed doing, even my parents lawn growing up which was almost 2 acres, using a push mower, not a rider.

That's one thing I always enjoyed doing, even my parents lawn growing up which was almost 2 acres, using a push mower, not a rider.

we always had a push mower growing up too. at on time, even a push powered reel type mower. have to admit i didn't find that relaxing. but there are few other tasks in my life that are completed so soon with visible good results. i find that very satisfying. and the oil can of beer afterward that has become my tradition is pretty good too.

Howard Stern has gotten me intrigued in It. What's the best way to get started. Classes? Videos?Books? I'm in buffalo are there any good places around here?

This is the place that I started out - it was about 20 years ago, and this was about the only yoga place in town, but now they are all over: http://www.hibuffalo.org/ I love this one, but it probably wouldn't be where Howard Stern would go because it's pretty spiritual, and he's an atheist.........But, it'll still work no matter what you believe in.

Howard Stern has gotten me intrigued in It. What's the best way to get started. Classes? Videos?Books? I'm in buffalo are there any good places around here?

I read about it a little, then just started doing it. There are many ways, but most involve just sitting and watching your breath. I find timing it helps as I cheat with no timer. I aim for 10 minutes each session. Would love to get to 20.

The transcendental meditation people like Stern swear by it but you don't need to spend 2 grand to meditate. It's pretty frigging simple. Just requires discipline.

Edited by John Adams