Less than 2 weeks till the draft, your pick at #8

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Trade our #1 this year for a 2014 #1 pick, bundle them and draft Johnny Football next year.

2) Stop all nonsense talk about moving a future alll-pro LT to RT. We have a LT, don't draft what we already have. If we have to pick at 8, best LB or receiver available.

I like your #1 approach. I wouldn't draft a QB this year, prob leads to something like a 8-8 season, then grab johnny football.

If we stay at 8: Tavon Austin (assuming Jordan is off the board).

If we trade down: Alec Ogletree

I'd take Olgetree even at 8. The dude can play. I also like the idea of Floyd from Florida. While he is listed as a DT, he can also play DE.

In case this isn't sarcasm...

Have you seen him play? I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of being successful in the NFL. I do admit heavy anti A&M bias, but, I would not consider taking this guy.

Let's see what he does this year.

the idea is to be great on the O-line, at OT in particular. so while Glenn was ok, still debatable he'd going to be great there, struggled a little with speed rushers, so if you can get another great OT who's even better on the left, why are people so afraid of moving Glenn? does it give hope to think we are actually capable of getting a gem in 2nd round? people seem so protective, i don't get why they care. let's get two good OT's, shouldn't matter to us which one plays where.

Because RT's come cheaper than LT's and what you are saying is basically blow a # 8 pick on a RT --- because we already have a LT! Glenn had a great year last year, expecially before he was hurt. Who says a rook will be better? Nix, for all his detractors - has shown lots of savvy in putting together a solid O line. With all the holes this team has drafting what we already have is just a wasted pick. Hell, while we are at it, pick a RB in the second round.

The last time New England won a Superbowl was when they featured WRs and not TEs. Deion Branch was the MVP of that game.

The Ravens wouldn't have even been in the playoffs let alone go on a Superbowl winning hot streak without Anquan Boldin. They scored 34 on the 49ers.

Look at the Giants run with Victor Cruz. That one play against the Jets sent them on the Superbowl winning run.

Defense is officially over rated with these new rules. It's a luxury to have a good one, but not a necessity. Patterson is the guy the Bills should pick. I think even Kolb or Jackson could win the division with an offense that would be that loaded with talent.

The reason why the Giants were close enough (both SB's) to have have one great play or two win the day is because they had a superior defense. The Giants harrassed Brady and disrupted that prolific offense and gave their O a chance to win. So you will never sell me the notion defenses are over rated. Far from it. I'll put money on the

#1 D vs. the #1 O any day.

Don't know the individuals well enough to pick, but based on position need and available talent:

1. LB

2. CB - Would prefer they sign a veteran to start.

3. WR

Only pick a QB on a trade down. No to any linemen.

Like the princess America avatar. But even on a trade down, no QB. Take a top defensive or WR talent that you can get at that spot. QB in round 2.

#8 - Maybe - Any OT, Warmack, Cooper, Ansah, Austin, Eifert, Geno, Barkley, Lotuleilei

NFW - Patterson, Mingo, Nassib, Oglethorpe, Jones

If they trade down, I'd like to see Fluker or Eifert as a target.

QB at #8. The current FO will never survive if a QB taken by another team after #8 lights it up and our sloppy seconds taken in the 2nd doesn't.

Yup, you gotta think that with all these visits and workouts Nix, Marrone and co are doing as much research as possible so that they can get their first or second favorite with that 8th pick. Imagine the anger and frustration if we take Nassib in the 2nd and he's a complete bust while Geno, Barkley or Manuel are leading whoever takes them in the 1st to the playoffs. Or if we pass on Jarvis Jones or Mingo, they make the pro bowl and we wasted our 1st round pick on a freaking guard.

Ill Take Dion Jordan @8, Tyler Wilson @ 41, and Aaron Dobson in the 3rd. 4-6 we should be looking for interior LB and oline players.

yeah, i would love this, but i don't think Jordan is there either. if so, he's probably my pick and the Bills.

you might have to switch Wilson and Dobson's rounds.. .hard to say, but i have a feeling people may be keeping Dobson on the down-low but could go much higher than expected. while things have gotten quiet on Wilson, he could be there in the 3rd. so i think i'd go Dobson in 2nd and Wilson in 3rd.

With the world acknowledging the fact that there isn't a QB in the top 15, you can bet your last dollar Buddy Nix will draft a QB at #8.

"IF" Russ Brandon overrides him and makes his own choice for Wilson it will be a DB.

"IF" Buddy Nix decides to give his new HC, the first choice will be an OT, Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, OR an OG in Warmack, WR in Patterson.

What might be an idea to do is trade that #8 to a team like the Saints who might covet one of those 3 LOT's and trade the #8 for the #15 and a their 2nd round pick. Then drafting OT Fluker @ #15, then with 2, #2's drafting either Lbers, Ogletree, Tio, Brown,and QB Ryan Nassib with the other #2. Thus filling some needs at ROT, LBer, QB.

I have the same line of thinking, but NO doesn't have a 2 this year.

yeah, i would love this, but i don't think Jordan is there either. if so, he's probably my pick and the Bills.

you might have to switch Wilson and Dobson's rounds.. .hard to say, but i have a feeling people may be keeping Dobson on the down-low but could go much higher than expected. while things have gotten quiet on Wilson, he could be there in the 3rd. so i think i'd go Dobson in 2nd and Wilson in 3rd.

that may very well be the case. I am likely in the minority here but I really like Wilson. That being said I also think Dobson will be THE premiere WR in this class when it's all said and done, so whichever order we get them is irrelevant, I just want us to steal them both.

Ill Take Dion Jordan @8, Tyler Wilson @ 41, and Aaron Dobson in the 3rd. 4-6 we should be looking for interior LB and oline players.

that would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good to be true.

And I'll be very unhappy if we have Nassib, Glenon or Landry jones three weeks from now

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

1) Trade our #1 this year for a 2014 #1 pick, bundle them and draft Johnny Football next year.

2) Stop all nonsense talk about moving a future alll-pro LT to RT. We have a LT, don't draft what we already have. If we have to pick at 8, best LB or receiver available.

I like the first one...but we might suck enough this year we wont need to combine 2 picks to get him

@8 I think the OG from 'bama will be the pick. Chance Warmack.