Less than 2 weeks till the draft, your pick at #8

Geno, Jordan, could live with Barkley, any of the OTs. Don't like the WRs at 8, Warmack will probably be good but would prefer a trade down to get him or Austin. If no QB with the top pick I could deal with a trade up to get Manuel - losing picks sucks though.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Rams are looking for a playmaker at WR. They might trade the 16th for ours, and throw in their 2nd round pick. Maybe an extra 4th, who knows? They're stacked pretty well from the RGIII deal last year.

I don't see a W.R. at 8 who won't be available at 16. Patterson is, rightfully, falling down draft boards.

Edit: Austin might be coveted, but I don't know if teams will trade up for him.

Edited by ny33

1. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

2. Arthur Brown LB Kansas State

3. Tyler Bray QB Tennessee

4. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State

5. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall

6. Cooper Taylor SS Richmond

I have two moves.

1) Trade down. We aren't going QB at #8 with Kolb on board.....

I guess this is another thread that needs to be rethought now that we know that the details of Kolb's contract have him being paid as a middling backup.

I am really starting to like the idea of reloading the O line. Never would I have thought this a month ago but I think whoever the QB is going to be this year is going to need all the help he can get. This gives Spiller a huge boost too so why not get someone who is going to help the team out in multiple areas right away.

My 1st HOPE is we trade back and gain more picks in the top 100

but depending on whether a QB needy team in the top 7 trades back behind us, or if the Jets get an extra 1st for Revis I would go with Geno Smith at #8. If no QB needy team in the top 7 trades back and the Jets dont' get that extra pick I would trade back regardless who is on the board

What I do not understand is how a 5' 8" 175 lb WR is desired. I like Tavon but he is going to take a beating in the NFL, and he is going ot have a hard time beating the JAM at the LOS at the NFL level

I hear you re Tavon but if he beats the press the odds of him scoring go way up because he is then man on man in space. If the D cheats to cover this risk opportunities open up for other WRs and RBs. There are different ways to beat the jam, not all just physicality. Footwork and moves will do it too and Tavon has the best moves since Barry Saunders.

1. Dion Jordan

2. Ekekiel Ansah

3. Trade back

Here's what I'd like to see in this order.

That is my thought, too. Although last night a different thought occurred to me regarding QB's. I've been saying, and thinking, for months now, that the QB class this year is perfect for Buffalo because they stand a good chance of being able to get whichever QB they want at 8, and even if they wait there are guys projected to be available in rounds 2 and 3 who I like, too, so they could get rarer, more gifted talents in the first round or two, and then get a QB. However, it occurred to me last night that passing on a QB at 8 might not be such a wise decision.

There are, I believe, a handful of QB's in this draft who will end up being starters in the NFL (Smith, Barkley, Manuel, Wilson, Nassib, and Bray) and others who have a shot as well (Glennon, Jones, Scott, Dysert), and so I've been making these groupings of guys in my head, thinking it would be okay if Buffalo did this, or that: Barkley in round 1, Hunter round 2, or Jordan round 1, Nassib round 2, etc.

After really thinking about it, though, I have to wonder, if Buffalo has a QB in mind who they absolutely believe is capable of being a Franchise QB, who they believe can take over and be their answer at that position, how can they pass on him at 8, risk him not being there in the 2nd round? Even if there are a few QB's they think they could win with, isn't there a HUGE difference between the right guy and everyone else? It just seems like the offense would look drastically different with Manuel as QB vs Barkley, or Glennon and Manuel, or even Barkley and Nassib. My point is this: IF Buffalo has a QB rated high enough that he could be a 10 year, franchise player, I just don't think they can pass on him, even if there's higher rated players at different positions available.