Some options left in FA...

I was looking over the Walterfootball website this morning, which is pretty comprehensive in its coverage of the draft and just about all things NFL related. Anyway, I was curious to see who was left in the FA market for WR's. After I looked, and considered other threads on this board started up for just about every player that gets cut, I thought I'd just put out there some names I found that are still available via FA. The names I'll list are not all the available players, but ones I thought could be good fits in Buffalo - for the entire lists, just visit the website.

I put their ages after the player's name:

WR's:

Austin Collie 27

Devery Henderson 31

Steve Breaston 30

Sammy Stroughter 27

Chaz Schilens 27

Early Doucet 27

LB'ers:

(ILB)

Karlos Dansby 31

Larry Grant 28

Bart Scott 33

Bradie James 32

Bradon Siler 27

Barrett Ruud 30

Tavares Gooden 28

(OLB)

Daryl Smith 31

Shaun Phillips 32

Thomas Howard 30

Leroy Hill 30

Michael Boley 31

Chris Gocong 29

Quincy Black 29

CB:

Mike Jenkins 28

TE's:

Dallas Clark 34

Kevin Boss 29

Randy McMichael 34

Chris Cooley 31

Leonard Pope 29

Travis Beckum 26

G:

Brandon Moore 33

S:

Kerry Rhodes 31

Quintin Mikell 32

Gerald Sensabaugh 30

It surprised me, really, that there are this many quality players still available - and it gives me hope that between the draft and FA, the Bills might actually be satisfied with their roster come summer. Furthermore, it gives me confidence that if the Bills aren't signing certain players at certain positions it isn't necessarily because there is no one available, but maybe because they're confident they can get a viable upgrade from the college ranks.

Lots of good Lbs out there as well as some serviceable TEs. I'm not a fan of the wrs unless they were brought in for minimums. Doucet, collie or Breaston would suffice. Two of which have played with Kolb.

Dansby and a bunch of guys who used to be. Pick them up later on the cheap. Other than Dansby, whom I think could help. He must be a real ahole if he hasn't been signed yet. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Massaquoi is still out there, too - I didn't include him because I figured if we're going to go after a WR then he probably has to be pretty fast.

A thought I had regarding the linebackers - perhaps some of the older LB's who traditionally played OLB might be able to have more success being moved to the inside? Seems to me if they're fast enough to be on the outside they should be athletic enough to be moved inside, especially as stop-gaps for a year or two until we have young guys capable of filling those roles.

I still think Brandon Lloyd could help this team. I understand there's a rumor of him not being that great of a teammate, but chemistry is about 4th on the list right now, we need someone that can catch some balls and get open. I think he can still do that. He's not exactly Titus Young nuts.

Our receiver situation is such a major concern to me. At this point we have to rely on Graham and Easley to instantly become major contributors. That scares the hell out of me.

He is terrible. Drops everything thrown to him. I would not want him on the Bills.

Not saying that he is the greatest WR in football but who is going to line up there? As far as I am concerned the Bills still need AT LEAST 2 (maybe 3) NFL caliber WR. As far as I am concerned they have 1 at the moment. I liked Nelson but he was hurt and I thought that Donald Jones was terrible. I think that I could have covered that guy. I had no problem with getting rid of those guys but I do have a problem with not replacing them. I think that the majority of the people that you could replace them with would be considered an upgrade.

I'm a bit surprised Ramses Barden has got no attention from OBD...He seems like a match for the Bills needs and vice versa...One of the things I read about him was that he was looking for an opportunity to compete for a starting role...And Buffalo is one of the few teams that can offer that opportunity...Obviously he's not going to be too expensive...And he does have a rare size for the position...Plus he was Drafted by one of the best Scouting Departments in the NFL...I'd like to see the Bills give him a look... B-)

I'm a bit surprised Ramses Barden has got no attention from OBD...He seems like a match for the Bills needs and vice versa...One of the things I read about him was that he was looking for an opportunity to compete for a starting role...And Buffalo is one of the few teams that can offer that opportunity...Obviously he's not going to be too expensive...And he does have a rare size for the position...Plus he was Drafted by one of the best Scouting Departments in the NFL...I'd like to see the Bills give him a look... B-)

Yeah Barden and Brandon Moore are two guys I would have thought the Bills would be interested in.